• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Speaking of thunderstorms is anyone familiar enough with these tents all over the area, in NYC and around here, going up due to Covid and their ability to withstand a storm with strong downdrafts and high winds?  When I see those things the first thing I think is that I would not want to be in one when a storm hits. 

Yeah, not sure about that. I guess we're entering the season when we'll find out soon enough...

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I swear, I cringe every day during the severe season when I see the cloud deck thinning/eroding before lunchtime. Most days it's inevitable but I'll root like anything to hold it off as long as possible. 

Why? Don't you like severe weather?

22 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I swear, I cringe every day during the severe season when I see the cloud deck thinning/eroding before lunchtime. Most days it's inevitable but I'll root like anything to hold it off as long as possible. 

Respect that as I dislike destructive cold and things of the like. I’m messed up in the head to where I get bummed out with overcast spoiling storms with lack of instability lol.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

It really is hard to find any difference between it and what other counties were under before.  Maybe some business concerns...but you can still go to a park, get take out, etc...

So kinda just a change in wording basically? Seems less than impactful...but not a lot they can do really.

1 hour ago, Wmsptwx said:

Respect that as I dislike destructive cold and things of the like. I’m messed up in the head to where I get bummed out with overcast spoiling storms with lack of instability lol.

Are you sure we're not brothers...lol

1 hour ago, Wmsptwx said:

So folks under stay at home order counties has it changed anything in how the public acts? Less people out...etc?

Nope. In fact, yesterday was the first full day our county was included, and it seemed like there was more traffic.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

It really is hard to find any difference between it and what other counties were under before.  Maybe some business concerns...but you can still go to a park, get take out, etc...

Our mayor closed all the borough parks and playgrounds a week and a half ago so we can't even do that...

2 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

So kinda just a change in wording basically? Seems less than impactful...but not a lot they can do really.

They probably just should have instituted the statewide order right off the bat like most other states have been doing. The last couple days some counties were asking the state to include themselves into the order, like Somerset and Cameron.. where Somerset had a few cases and Cameron only had 1. It seems like a lot of people don't get past the titles of the articles and assume that stay at home means everything will shut down, so there will probably be another run at the store.  

I think the official "stay at home" could give authorities the ability to enforce the order at least from an informing standpoint, such as pulling someone over to see where they're going and such. But don't believe this state is actually enforcing by actual fines or anything like that right now. Neighboring states like MD and DC are threatening violators of their stay at home orders with a misdemeanor and up to a year in jail (DC no more than 90 days) and a $5000 fine.

1 hour ago, Anduril said:

As an "essential" manager of an "essential" business I can tell ya some people are certainly respecting the the stay at home orders...many, *many* are not. We're not Florida level bad but its pretty disgusting

I see the FL governor finally issued a statewide order today. A little late for that week of so the spring break revelers were on the beaches. 

16 hours ago, canderson said:

Correct, the order can mean police can stop and fine you. 

That IS NOT happening though. Not yet at least. When the ICUs are full next week, maybe.

Its going to happen. Maybe not rural areas as much. Kinda gave me a weird feeling in my stomach the other night when i was issued credentials as critical resource during travel restrictions. I've been around during a lot of big time things, major rail accidents, TMI, Blizzards, 9/11 etc. and this is a first receiving this type of credential.  I already have a huge file, seems like we get new directives everyday, sometimes multiples a day. Even changing by the hour at times. Mind boggling, scary and stressful. 

3 hours ago, sauss06 said:

Its going to happen. Maybe not rural areas as much. Kinda gave me a weird feeling in my stomach the other night when i was issued credentials as critical resource during travel restrictions. I've been around during a lot of big time things, major rail accidents, TMI, Blizzards, 9/11 etc. and this is a first receiving this type of credential.  I already have a huge file, seems like we get new directives everyday, sometimes multiples a day. Even changing by the hour at times. Mind boggling, scary and stressful. 

If you’re a critical resource we are all screwed. 

:) j/k!

• Haha 1

Well, the wind sure is/was crazy today. I recorded my highest gust of 2020 today, and we've had some pretty windy days prior to this one.

As a side note, we almost had an apartment building go up in flames around the corner from me this afternoon. Lady was smoking on the back porch and the when she went to put the cigarette out, the tip fell off, got into and under the wood slats, and started up. A quick thinking neighbor and a hell of a fire department kept it contained to about 1/4 of the porch. If the whole building would have went, all that old timber and the high winds would have created an inferno...

3 hours ago, Voyager said:

Well, the wind sure is/was crazy today. I recorded my highest gust of 2020 today, and we've had some pretty windy days prior to this one.

As a side note, we almost had an apartment building go up in flames around the corner from me this afternoon. Lady was smoking on the back porch and the when she went to put the cigarette out, the tip fell off, got into and under the wood slats, and started up. A quick thinking neighbor and a hell of a fire department kept it contained to about 1/4 of the porch. If the whole building would have went, all that old timber and the high winds would have created an inferno...

Scary! 

On 4/1/2020 at 3:41 PM, MAG5035 said:

They probably just should have instituted the statewide order right off the bat like most other states have been doing. The last couple days some counties were asking the state to include themselves into the order, like Somerset and Cameron.. where Somerset had a few cases and Cameron only had 1. It seems like a lot of people don't get past the titles of the articles and assume that stay at home means everything will shut down, so there will probably be another run at the store.  

I think the official "stay at home" could give authorities the ability to enforce the order at least from an informing standpoint, such as pulling someone over to see where they're going and such. But don't believe this state is actually enforcing by actual fines or anything like that right now. Neighboring states like MD and DC are threatening violators of their stay at home orders with a misdemeanor and up to a year in jail (DC no more than 90 days) and a $5000 fine.

I see the FL governor finally issued a statewide order today. A little late for that week of so the spring break revelers were on the beaches. 

I wish they would enforce those fines and jail time here in PA. My cousins in law's parents are both in the hospital on ventilators right now in Lancaster. Shit is getting bad guys.

1 hour ago, pawatch said:

How about that big low off the NE coast this morning...monster.

Next couple weeks are going to be tough ones. Everyone stay safe!!

That thing is a monster, was admiring it yesterday. We were getting 40+ mph winds from a storm 150 or whatever miles off the coast. 

3 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

Yikes Williamsport only had 7.7 in 15-16? 

Yep, you were complaining the whole time. :) 

I'm just having fun - a lot of scary stuff going on and joking around isn't really appropriate in a lot of situations but I thought this was the perfect spot for some humor. 

That said - you and @Voyager and @pawatch were on the outside looking in for a lot of storms that nailed us down here so complaining was completely justifiable. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep, you were complaining the whole time. :) 

I'm just having fun - a lot of scary stuff going on and joking around isn't really appropriate in a lot of situations but I thought this was the perfect spot for some humor. 

That said - you and @Voyager and @pawatch were on the outside looking in for a lot of storms that nailed us down here so complaining was completely justifiable. 

Lol you’re fine I’m sure I was bitching and moaning.