• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

Well for this week in "it figures", hey we have blocking up top! Unfortunately, probably too much so in the case of this potential April 1st event. -PNA western trough and positive tilt alignment also help keep the system suppressed and not really allow for it to amp and try to come up. Even if it does throw up precip, the temps are likely to be really marginal as per usual this time of the year absent a significantly anomalous cold airmass. 

ecmwf-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-5720800.thumb.png.de90cb650bd1f177db26bc32a239e3cd.png

Visible satellite imagery (https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=regional-northeast-dcphase-96-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined) shows very clearly the low cloud deck still anchored in over eastern PA this afternoon even after clearing in the mid-high levels. You can see a little bit of erosion of the low clouds from the west and south but we're only a couple hours from sunset and the east probably isn't clearing out by then. The sun did bust out here mid-afternoon and we're in the 60s, but we don't have the high winds that are occurring in the Laurel's and especially west of there in PBZ's zones. The full mixing there is getting temps way into the 70s, even JST is 72 currently. 

8 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Visible satellite imagery (https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=regional-northeast-dcphase-96-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined) shows very clearly the low cloud deck still anchored in over eastern PA this afternoon even after clearing in the mid-high levels. You can see a little bit of erosion of the low clouds from the west and south but we're only a couple hours from sunset and the east probably isn't clearing out by then. The sun did bust out here mid-afternoon and we're in the 60s, but we don't have the high winds that are occurring in the Laurel's and especially west of there in PBZ's zones. The full mixing there is getting temps way into the 70s, even JST is 72 currently. 

I am actually glad we broke out in sun here.  Grass is mowed, temps are great and the upcoming week looks quite chilly for April standards so needed a nice day like this.  Feel bad for the folks east of me.  

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am actually glad we broke out in sun here.  Grass is mowed, temps are great and the upcoming week looks quite chilly for April standards so needed a nice day like this.  Feel bad for the folks east of me.  

It was the perfect temperature here for walking on the river trail this afternoon. :) 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

It was the perfect temperature here for walking on the river trail this afternoon. :) 

You are a coldinista with temps.  LOL.  Anything under 60 is chilly if the wind is blowing.  We did walk about two miles ourselves this afternoon so after coming into the weekend with a terrible weather forecast it did not turn out too bad.  We ended up with only .65" of rain all together.  Those heavy bands many here got yesterday went north of me. 

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The radar looks pitiful.  It's 71 here now and cannot see any clouds to the west.  Did see the zone forecast just south of me says snow Wed AM!

The sky looks pitiful here. It's 54 here now and cannot see any mountains due to the fog and mist. What an UGLY day today here...

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Topped out at 53 - 17 below forecast. 

In other news my family mender with COVID-19 is much better today.

Yeah was even worse here. Was supposed to be 73 here. Also good to hear they're doing better. Been hearing some pretty chilling numbers. The Trump administration was saying a good case scenario with deaths would be 100,000-200,000 :\\\

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep - lovin' me some good easterly fetch...temp is down to 46 and it's raw out. 

Yea...I actually enjoy it.  I only dislike it when we have a threat of t-storms.  It sucks when you see storms firing over western pa, only to fizzle when they hit the cad over eastern pa.

3 minutes ago, daxx said:

Yea...I actually enjoy it.  I only dislike it when we have a threat of t-storms.  It sucks when you see storms firing over western pa, only to fizzle when they hit the cad over eastern pa.

Speaking of thunderstorms is anyone familiar enough with these tents all over the area, in NYC and around here, going up due to Covid and their ability to withstand a storm with strong downdrafts and high winds?  When I see those things the first thing I think is that I would not want to be in one when a storm hits.