• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

53 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@daxx any chance for severe weather tomorrow?

I believe that western and southwestern pa has the best shot at severe.  They look to have the best cape.  I believe the easterly flow in our area will limit any decent cape.  We will be closer to the warm front so maybe a strong storm or two.  Not an expert at all on severe weather, so hopefully Mag can chime in. 

Can’t relate on the underachieving rainfall. Just got crushed with a torrential downpour with some thunder. Lots of standing water in the yard and one of the underground drains at the bottom of the yard was erupting like a geyser. First time I’ve seen that since I moved here a few years ago. It must have been fairly rainy earlier this morning.

7C371F4A-CF3B-4031-992D-2396DC7B1F80.thumb.jpeg.c14d4233e99e15a84c380c7aac635474.jpeg

@canderson I hope your family member is doing better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We don't often have a temperature near 20 at noontime during January snowstorms...

Wait - we often don't have January snowstorms.  :D

Maybe we'll have actual winter weather and snow chances in December for a change if some of these rumblings about an eventual Nina come to fruition. Most CPC guidance is pointed generally neutral but the CFS v2 has been solidly in nina territory later this year. Just a little bit of time to hone that one in haha. 

16 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Quite likely to be some flooding issues around here this evening with this last batch of heavy rain/thunderstorms moving in.

1267877767_ScreenShot2020-03-28at5_16_14PM.thumb.png.4eeb17c184c0f4d131d19209492d9a9a.png

Impressive line of storms.  Looks like a little rotation on cell entering Somerset County.  I believe that was the same storm that had a tornado warning with it earlier 

30 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Hearing what sounds like distant thunder here at the house. Radar and Lightning Strike says it might be possible. Of course it could be the trucks hitting the 1037 potholes on the main road behind me... :lol:

fixed.  this is Pa ya know.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying spring.  

I hate this.....this sucks....

Is what it is.......bored outta my friggin skull...but the honeydoo list will be gone when the all clear sounds....gonna enjoy living life again.

Be well.

Nut

• Like 1

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

51 and fog on my side. 

I see a Wunderground report of 49 on the Adams/Franklin County line.  We have spiked to 68 so it looks likely to make it.  Low 80's in Western PA right now.  That same phenomenon I reported a few months ago, where going about a thousand feet/one mile  up into Cascade area turns into dense fog, is happening again.  Its pretty cool.  Clouds/fog hold at the top at the ridge then dissipate once you start down the west side.