• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - Spring 2020

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Lancaster will finish the January through March period as the 2nd warmest on record, trailing only the abysmal 1998 winter.

Wow.  So many records this year.  The snowfall total record is going to be hard pressed to be overtaken.  When will we have a winter with less than 6" of snow again (MDT)?  If not for Covid it would be bigger news but obviously not that important big picture. 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow.  So many records this year.  The snowfall total record is going to be hard pressed to be overtaken.  When will we have a winter with less than 6" of snow again (MDT)?  If not for Covid it would be bigger news but obviously not that important big picture. 

Correct. My county was just added to the stay at home order though I don't see much different in the verbiage than from what was already in place. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Correct. My county was just added to the stay at home order though I don't see much different in the verbiage than from what was already in place. 

Honestly it’s just another thing to sound more serious...you’re still allowed to go to grocery store and pharmacy etc.

What's scary is how fast the numbers are rising. Berks, to my south rose 81% today, and Luzerne, to my north rose 53%. In one news article I saw, a physician's assistant recommended staying out of Hazleton. Some think that Hazleton is a community that is going to explode in the near future.

43 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Honestly it’s just another thing to sound more serious...you’re still allowed to go to grocery store and pharmacy etc.

It gives police the right to stop and ask why you are traveling. You technically are alllwedvto,leave the county unless it’s for a life-sustaining purpose.

5 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

Blizz does brighten my mood, even if I know that has next to zero chance of panning out. I look forward to his posts, they cheer me up lol.

Thanks man.

In times like these, we all need ways to cheer ourselves up. Tracking digital snow always brings me a smile. Now if we only get some real snow...

5 hours ago, paweather said:

OMG!!! Now I will have to laugh at that! :D:D Classic Bubbler. Thanks! and Yes WMS that is what I love about Blizz he never gives up and we never know hang on by a thread for a snowstorm. 

Thanks!

We will have around 7 months to give up starting soon !

Until then, I’ll track until it becomes impossible around here.

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

3rd consecutive underperforming rain event...

Last week the European model depicted between 3-4" of rain this week. I've made it past the .5" threshold now.

I am glad since it is not snow.   Looks like Northeastern part of PA will be in steady rain a lot longer.   Showers for us.  I wish the sun would come out.  Dreary weekends are especially depressing now. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am glad since it is not snow.   Looks like Northeastern part of PA will be in steady rain a lot longer.   Showers for us.  I wish the sun would come out.  Dreary weekends are especially depressing now. 

You aren't kidding...

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Last week the European model depicted between 3-4" of rain this week. I've made it past the .5" threshold now.

I am at 1.17 since Monday.  If I get under some of these localized downpours I might top two inches for the week.

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

So far for today I've recorded 0.63" of rain.  I had 0.30" on Wednesday and 0.30" on Monday for a weekly total so far of 1.23".  That also included a trace of snow from Wednesday.

Blizz' snow map resurrecting memories of April 1982.  Meteorologically, it CAN happen...but of course most likely won't...lol.

17 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

So far for today I've recorded 0.63" of rain.  I had 0.30" on Wednesday and 0.30" on Monday for a weekly total so far of 1.23".  That also included a trace of snow from Wednesday.

Blizz' snow map resurrecting memories of April 1982.  Meteorologically, it CAN happen...but of course most likely won't...lol.

The airmass in '82 was probably a once in a 100 years arctic invasion. Maybe 500 years. That was my point in a previous conversation we had earlier in the winter - when is it 21 degrees at high noon on April 6th around these parts?