• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

2 minutes ago, anotherman said:

He is literally endangering millions of people every time he speaks about the virus. Most of what he says is BS.

No doubt.  My statement was made in jest.   A case can be made at this point that he is incompetent and unfit to continue leading. His laissez faire like approach to this weeks ago has limited the effectiveness of what we are doing now and he has come full circle back around to being on that train again.  There is more than anecdotal evidence that he changed his mind about the virus again after watching a Foxnews show on Sunday AM.   I do not know what will happen with this virus but messages like his, last evening, are not helping when just hours before more Governors are cracking down on their states, VA is cancelling schools for the rest of the year, and WHO is warning that the US is going to be the next epicenter.  Most experts think April is going to be terrible so Trump should cool his heels and wait before making proclamations. 

• Thanks 1

No doubt.  My statement was made in jest.   A case can be made at this point that he is incompetent and unfit to continue leading. His laissez faire like approach to this weeks ago has limited the effectiveness of what we are doing now and he has come full circle back around to being on that train again.  There is more than anecdotal evidence that he changed his mind about the virus again after watching a Foxnews show on Sunday AM.   I do not know what will happen with this virus but messages like his, last evening, are not helping when just hours before more Governors are cracking down on their states, VA is cancelling schools for the rest of the year, and WHO is warning that the US is going to be the next epicenter.  Most experts think April is going to be terrible so Trump should cool his heels and wait before making proclamations. 

What do you expect? He’s a dangerous idiot emboldened by his enablers in the Senate and cultish followers.
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, anotherman said:

What do you expect? He’s a dangerous idiot emboldened by his enablers in the Senate and cultish followers.

I have mostly looked at him as a puppet for people controlling him from behind.  Like sending Grandpa up to  be the family Patriarch while the real leaders run the show in the background.  Problem is Grandpa runs at the mouth.

And why do we need a stimulus now if we are close to opening everything back up again?  Sure people will have missed 2-3 weeks of work but not sure we need to put a huge dent in our future SS for that.

• Like 2

Just now, sauss06 said:

its sad for me to say this, as i like to stay informed, but whenever he is giving a presser, i turn off the TV or change the channel. 

I like to see his battles with reporters.  The stuff before that is usually just repetitive self admiration. On the subject of weather MDT did officially record a trace yesterday...matching their February totals. 

40 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

its sad for me to say this, as i like to stay informed, but whenever he is giving a presser, i turn off the TV or change the channel. 

Agreed...I’m a centrist and not liberal or anything(voted Obama then Romney) and vote both parties but they get nauseating at times. I just want normal leadership at this point.

I like to see his battles with reporters.  The stuff before that is usually just repetitive self admiration. On the subject of weather MDT did officially record a trace yesterday...matching their February totals. 

Same....it’s entertainment purposes only.

Cuomo has a better handle on things.

I have been republican most of life, but I’m independent now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Going to get out on the trail and enjoy a rare dry day this week. Fresh air is more than welcome so long as their is no one else around me...

We too are going out for a long walk this afternoon. I’m craving Chick fil A so might try the curbside pickup they’re offering right now.

• Like 2

Just now, canderson said:

Rainy day, sunny day, rainy day, sunny day. Weird pattern we are in. 

It is...but we can no longer say that snow is the only underperformer in regards to precip. Monday's rain event left about half of what was modeled 48 hours out and today's event looks to be similar if not even a little less than half. Sunday's Euro depiction for rainfall in our area is in serious trouble unless it really ramps up this weekend.

I'm convinced the only thing we do consistently well is overachieve on high temps. We got that down pat. 

• Like 1

It's been snowing here mixed in with the rain, on and off, for the past 2 hours.  About 15 minutes ago it was pure snow coming down as my temp drops to 36.5 degrees.  What a surprise!  Had absolutely no snow on Monday's event.  So far, 0.23" of liquid for this event.  Only had 0.30" for the event on Monday.

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If these first 2 systems this week would have been snow events this place would be ugly right now. What was expected to be between 1.5 - 2" of rain here resulted in just under .4" 

QPF aside, the two systems would have been likely examples of systems we would have all scored from had this occurred in the dead of winter. The pattern setup is just enough to finally run a couple systems under us but we need significant anomalous cold (compared to March climo) to go with that this time of the year which we don't have. 

13 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

QPF aside, the two systems would have been likely examples of systems we would have all scored from had this occurred in the dead of winter. The pattern setup is just enough to finally run a couple systems under us but we need significant anomalous cold (compared to March climo) to go with that this time of the year which we don't have. 

I was thinking about that this morning - these past 2 systems really trended  south in the final days leading into them. Couldn't buy that trend all winter.

4 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Yes, this would have been a good snow week in mid to late true winter.

Today, I saw on the local LSV news that South Mountain had 2.5 inches of snow. 

Here in Marysville there were a few random flakes mixed in, but we never got under the best rates to give a decent short period of wet snow.

Congrats to those that were lucky enough to see it snow today !

Also, we might have 1 more threat to track later next week as the NAO finally goes negative & a strong storm looks to form in the east. It we get the right track & intensity, we could have a fun end to the snow tracking season.

• Like 1