• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

Grocery stores will remain open. It is like a shelter in place act. 

The governors specific wording was  actually something like "If someones life is not on the line, do not leave home" but I do see now the article is updated and it says they expect (no actual word) grocery store trips will be allowed.    In Italy they did this similar thing and grocery trips were only allowed by permit.   Either way some of the hoarders are being made to look right now.  I could not get pop tarts yesterday.  Some how the hoarders descended on them. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The governors specific wording was  actually something like "If someones life is not on the line, do not leave home" but I do see now the article is updated and it says they expect (no actual word) grocery store trips will be allowed.    In Italy they did this similar thing and grocery trips were only allowed by permit.   Either way some of the hoarders are being made to look right now.  I could not get pop tarts yesterday.  Some how the hoarders descended on them. 

I agree with everyone else about how darn confusing this state just be specific like NY Gov is, but we still have to live without the virus. Pharmacies will remain open as well. If they shutdown the essentials. The only other essential is a snowstorm. :D That will remain open. 

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

I agree with everyone else about how darn confusing this state just be specific like NY Gov is, but we still have to live without the virus. Pharmacies will remain open as well. If they shutdown the essentials. The only other essential is a snowstorm. :D That will remain open. 

I wonder what will happen first...our next snowstorm or the eradication of this virus? 

I'm pessimistic about both.

59 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

In the absence of live sporting events there are many classic games from the past airing these days...betcha have a pretty good chance at picking a winner from one of them. :)

The Washington Capitals beat the Jackets 5-3 last night to  win their series and advance to the second round.  I am anticipating the Penguins series.  This is their year...I can feel it!!

33 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Washington Capitals beat the Jackets 5-3 last night to  win their series and advance to the second round.  I am anticipating the Penguins series.  This is there year...I can feel it!!

I work with a diehard Caps fan - it was so much fun for so many years watching him get all cocky about how good his team was...until April. Last year he finally shut me up. (after 22 years of a lot of ribbing)

Nice little band of snow moved through CPA this afternoon. @Wmsptwx probably got in on the action and didn't say anything. :) There was actually a special weather statement that extended down to JUST north of @Blizzard of 93 house. :( 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I work with a diehard Caps fan - it was so much fun for so many years watching him get all cocky about how good his team was...until April. Last year he finally shut me up. (after 22 years of a lot of ribbing)

Nice little band of snow moved through CPA this afternoon. @Wmsptwx probably got in on the action and didn't say anything. :) There was actually a special weather statement that extended down to JUST north of @Blizzard of 93 house. :( 

Lol nah some big flakes and sleet but only laid a little slushy coating on grass and car nothing more measurable than trace. I’ll take it though.

I saw they are closing state parks in many states.  If that happens in PA and MD the weekends are going to be INCREDIBLY not fun.  Working at home much of my life I really look forward to getting out.  I realize I need to stay away from others and so far the parks have not been crowded in this area but am worried...App Trail is a bit hilly for my wife's liking.  Of course this weekend may be a wash out anyway.

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A little bit of sleet mixed in this morning in Marysville when the precip rates picked up. 

Unfortunately the heavier precip band this afternoon was just some heavy rain. I was squinting really hard just to try to conjure some snow flakes to mix in, but it just would not flip even in the best rates.

It looks like State College got a decent period of snow with that heavier afternoon band.

On 3/20/2020 at 6:16 PM, MAG5035 said:

Surface temps are going to be very marginal and it seems that timing is heading towards most of this event being in the daytime though, especially east. I think the biggest thing I see from the models is the snow potential appears to be rate driven. The column temps are there enough if we have a wave of heavier precipitation, and we're going to need a several hour burst of heavy precip to realize any white on the ground with the surface temps. 

This was a great call by @MAG5035 from Friday evening.

Unfortunately, we didn’t get that solid wave of heavier precip in the early am. Many of us would have been just cold enough to get some decent wet snow at least on the grass & car tops. The precip remained relatively scattered & light until that afternoon line rolled through. The precip from the Midwest & then from the developing coastal just did not get its act together in time for us.

The solid precip shield did however come together for most of New England. Many folks there are getting a good event despite surface temps above freezing.