• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

We have reached 80.  Itssweatingtime for the win.  Winds are ferocious. 

80.4 here. Imagine if we would have had more sun - I never saw any until after 2pm. And yes, Lancaster officially hit 80 as well. 

This has "felt" like an over-performing kind of day all week to me. Screw the models. (not really) :) View image on Twitter

40 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

80.4 here. Imagine if we would have had more sun - I never saw any until after 2pm. And yes, Lancaster officially hit 80 as well. 

This has "felt" like an over-performing kind of day all week to me. Screw the models. (not really) :) View image on Twitter

Good call dude lol

Models and ensembles are still generally supportive of this snow threat on Monday, which I think could be in the cards for most in here. The Euro still leads the way but has edged down accums and shifted north a tad. Some of the runs this week on that model were looking March/November 2018 worthy.

Obviously the elevated central and north central parts of the state stand the best chance of seeing any kind of decent accumulations, but we could see accumulating potential even in the Sus Valley. Surface temps are going to be very marginal and it seems that timing is heading towards most of this event being in the daytime though, especially east. I think the biggest thing I see from the models is the snow potential appears to be rate driven. The column temps are there enough if we have a wave of heavier precipitation, and we're going to need a several hour burst of heavy precip to realize any white on the ground with the surface temps. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Models and ensembles are still generally supportive of this snow threat on Monday, which I think could be in the cards for most in here. The Euro still leads the way but has edged down accums and shifted north a tad. Some of the runs this week on that model were looking March/November 2018 worthy.

Obviously the elevated central and north central parts of the state stand the best chance of seeing any kind of decent accumulations, but we could see accumulating potential even in the Sus Valley. Surface temps are going to be very marginal and it seems that timing is heading towards most of this event being in the daytime though, especially east. I think the biggest thing I see from the models is the snow potential appears to be rate driven. The column temps are there enough if we have a wave of heavier precipitation, and we're going to need a several hour burst of heavy precip to realize any white on the ground with the surface temps. 

Thanks Mag it would come at the right time! 

31 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Here is the 18z EPS & Control run, along with 850 temps at 6z & 12z Monday on the EPS. Cold enough air aloft will be available for snow from the MD line on north, if the precip comes in heavy enough.

0z nam would have been an excessively heavy wet snow for many if it just kept the low on a slightly more EAST trajectory as it formed and climbed through the DelMarVa.  

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

0z nam would have been an excessively heavy wet snow for many if it just kept the low on a slightly more EAST trajectory as it formed and climbed through the DelMarVa.  

Yes, I was just checking out the 0z NAM. The initial conditions are cold enough for snow for all of us. We just need overnight onset with a good solid moderate precip shield & we could be in business for some accumulating snow even in The LSV.

0051133E-D171-49C8-8104-1BCF2091096A.png