• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’m happy this is not a case of GFS vs. the world. Usually the GFS loses 9 times out of 10 when it is all alone.

It is good to see the Euro, EPS, Canadian & even the lowly ICON are all on board.

Here is the 18z GFS.

664CD60A-8497-4DCF-BF7A-11DF22100B0E.png

How does the 18z euro look?

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 18z Euro only goes out to 90 hours, but it looks like everyone near the MD line on north will at least start out as snow on this run.

925B9B46-D122-4E81-BBCC-B36A2294A676.png

Thanks for posting. Can you post the 6 hr time stamp prior to that. 

Thanks so much.

The 18z EPS brings the good precip shield in to CTP before 12z Monday. This should help snow chances by bringing in moderate precip overnight & while cold air is still in place. The earlier that the snow can begin overnight will help our chances at improving accumulations.

I also think that the track of the developing low to our south & east will help to keep the cold enough air for snow locked in place across most of CTP. 

E456DCE4-A8C0-4F0E-BDC3-E620EF011457.png

415854BB-959D-4643-9F73-BB37959D3682.png

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am a bit worried about the Nam driving the ULL into the Northern DelMarVa now.  That is not a good trend.  

The southern edge of the actual snow shield continues to inch northward just about every model run. In a few days it went from northern MD to now being north of the turnpike. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

after today, my son, myself and possibly my daughter, will all be filing for unemployment.....likely (hopefully) temporary, but this is not good.

Sorry to hear this.  I know what it's like to be unemployed.  I was in construction back in  2008.  It was a real struggle for years until I got the job I have now.  I hope you and your family are working soon.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Whose still working? I am. 

100% of our school buses and motorcoaches are parked, and I was told not to expect much, if any, work before May 1st.

11 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

after today, my son, myself and possibly my daughter, will all be filing for unemployment.....likely (hopefully) temporary, but this is not good.

I filed on Tuesday. First claim week isn't until the 29th though.

1 minute ago, daxx said:

Sorry to hear this.  I know what it's like to be unemployed.  I was in construction back in  2008.  It was a real struggle for years until I got the job I have now.  I hope you and your family are working soon.

The way I understand it all construction sites had to shut down today with the Governors order so if that cascades to other states construction is going to be a HUGE furlough target.  

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

The way I understand it all construction sites had to shut down today with the Governors order so if that cascades to other states construction is going to be a HUGE furlough target.  

You're correct. Yet home improvement places stay open? I mean, if people don't have money coming in, who the F is going to do home improvements?  

18 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

On the hopeful side it seems like almost everyone is gearing up to handle the crisis from government checks to being allowed to delay mortgage payments.  I am hopeful this is not going to be as bad as the 2007-2010 time frame.  Some government officials comparing this to the great recession are freaking people.