• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

9 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

How long until blizz puts up day 9 gfs snow maps lol? I admire his optimism but it’s just time to move on as others have said.

We can move on next month when it becomes impossible to snow in this area.

Until then, I refuse to stop looking for snow chances. Just because this winter has been horrible to this point does not mean that it can’t snow during the next few weeks. 

Now, let me go searching for some snow maps...

11 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

We can move on next month when it becomes impossible to snow in this area.

Until then, I refuse to stop looking for snow chances. Just because this winter has been horrible to this point does not mean that it can’t snow during the next few weeks. 

Now, let me go searching for some snow maps...

It's taking you a lot of time to find some. :) 

Right now my most immediate concern is finding somewhere in the country that has toilet paper. I'm not exactly sure how the remote chance of having a fever and cough equates to a collective nationwide decision to empty store shelves of the stuff, but I digress. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's taking you a lot of time to find some. :) 

Right now my most immediate concern is finding somewhere in the country that has toilet paper. I'm not exactly sure how the remote chance of having a fever and cough equates to a collective nationwide decision to empty store shelves of the stuff, but I digress. 

Too bad you did not print out  all GFS 10 day snow maps from this winter.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Add MLB to the list - I now own tickets to 3 events (Sixers, Flyers and Orioles) and will not be attending any of them. 

An inconvenience for sure...big picture, I hope that this is contained with minimal loss of life and well being soon. 

Yeah, economically this could be a huge huge impact so hopefully it’s worth the cancellations.

40 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

PA is really lagging on everything right now. No groups of 250 yet thousands in school daily.

Hard to say which is better right now - potentially expose more people or just everything down and kill the economy. Not an easy choice

32 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just had a wind gust of 48 and it is 71 degrees...11 over forecast.   

Holy crap, I had no idea how nice it is! My wife says the home station is showing 72.4. 

Again...we're better at busting warm/hot than anything else. 

4 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

All in PA now at least two weeks.

Part of this being a littke late is PA school districts are so incredibly f’d up the Dept of Ed has zero control over them. Literally, they can’t tell a district to do anything and the district doesn’t have to tell the dept if they’re closed. It’s INSANE. 

• Sad 1

I know that some of you have been anxiously waiting for me to post some snow maps....

I present to you the 0z NAM for early on Sunday. The models have been slightly juicing up this storm over the last day or so. There will be a strong High to the north & the overnight timing is ideal as well.

Maybe we can score a heavy coating of snow?

948A1429-C6D1-4C42-A2DF-CBD6FD0D79FC.png

5768EFE5-BA57-41AF-BFE6-0273440140DF.png

E7A156D1-1EC1-4269-8D6A-C09296A09800.png

7 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

All in PA now at least two weeks.

This, plus sports and virtually anything recreational being cancelled, has put me right back out of work for a minimum of 2 weeks and most likely longer than that. This is the time when the bus trips usually pick back up with school field trips and spring athletics, as well as general charter work for sightseeing and theater shows.

I can’t wait until the usual jokers on here say “it’s over” or there’s “no chance” for snow over the next few weeks.

Don’t worry, I’ll have plenty of time to post over the next few days.

Buckle up, maybe some digital snow will turn into reality before we are really done?

Why is there is a chance you might ask? The MJO is finally moving into phase 1, 2 & then 3. Also, the -EPO should also help to increase our chances.

1F18CCAD-CE36-4F63-940F-E742E74A97CF.gif

9EE366C0-AB49-4C6E-A730-F4F4B9E13361.gif

5B5F0F81-88D7-4E94-AC16-267FA07EE0CB.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Blizz maps do not portray this but in all seriousness could one imagine the chaos if a real HEC's came to visit over what seems to be a whole month of "stay in place" life coming up for America?  The bread and milk are already gone! 

I was thinking about that last night after NWS Philly put out a FB post about it being the 27th anniversary of the March 93 Superstorm. Could you imagine if we had something like that to deal with right now?

I don't know if much of tonight's wave makes it very far east of the mountains, but from I-99/US 220  below I-80 westward into the Laurel's region this is starting to look like a surprise event considering what CTP has in their winter products at the moment compared to the models today. Early HRRR looks into this event are pretty robust, with more northern extent than the NAM and high end advisory snow amounts Cambria/Somerset (Laurels). Models are generally supportive of that region (and even into the surrounding counties) seeing potentially an advisory event "on paper". Temps are warm today obviously, but dew points are very low.. so I don't think getting a timely changeover will be hard once the heavier precip moves in. 

Given how warm it has been and virtually no preceding or entrenched true cold, this is going to be very springlike and play out more like an early April type wave.. with accums mostly on the grassy surfaces and it might take awhile to actually get anything going on the ground. But timing of this thing overnight is going to help. I think any road issues that pop up will be reserved for the higher Laurel's. Somerset County looks to be the PA place to be for this, and I wouldn't be surprised if parts of that county sees close to the amount the short term guidance is putting out snow wise. I don't think the precip makes it past the the mountains to the Sus Valley heavy enough to make for any accums, even if it does actually mix or changeover. Will have to see how the swath tracks, as it could run the turnpike or perhaps make it a bit further north as the HRRR is suggesting. A decent amount of guidance says I get my biggest snowfall of the season tonight, we'll see lol.