Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring 2020 Banter

doncat

11 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

See and I think you have a problem. Well, maybe more than one but your warm fetish is disturbing ;) 

if i there was a button to make every summer hot but never get snow again i'd press it with my full body weight 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

8 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

I tried to record it last night but it recorded a different tornado documentary

If you have Verizon FIOS, then just go to on demand search and type In American Experience. It will be the most recent episode. You Tube also has it.

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2020 at 4:57 PM, bluewave said:

Mr. Tornado was one of the best Meteorology documentaries of the last few years. It’s available on demand if you missed it.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/mr-tornado/

I watched that today.  It was pretty good.  I def enjoyed it even though I knew all that stuff about Fujita already.  

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 2:53 PM, forkyfork said:

if i there was a button to make every summer hot but never get snow again i'd press it with my full body weight 

Careful Forky, Mr. Scratch may be listening and you’ll never find a Daniel Webster in today’s reality. As always .....

17 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I will be working 12+ hour tours  everyday with no days off starting today.

I've been averaging 65-70 hour weeks since the pandemic started.  Have probably had a grand total of 5 days off since lockdown started.  At least Sundays have been mostly half days delivering parcels in the AM.  I'm off the overtime list at the end of the month, but will still probably pull 50 hour workweeks from mere parcel volume alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

I will be working 12+ hour tours  everyday with no days off starting today.

Please try to get rest when you can. The fear in my Cobble Hill neighborhood was that The Cadman Plaza area protest would move west along Court and/or Smith. I just listen for the choppers. If I hear them getting closer then I figure trouble may be arriving. I’m happy the mayor grew some grey matter and realized a curfew tgat starts hours after dark was less than useless. We are a long way from Fred’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Right now it just seems like a long night in the hood. Be safe, As always ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SI Mailman said:

I've been averaging 65-70 hour weeks since the pandemic started.  Have probably had a grand total of 5 days off since lockdown started.  At least Sundays have been mostly half days delivering parcels in the AM.  I'm off the overtime list at the end of the month, but will still probably pull 50 hour workweeks from mere parcel volume alone.

Please take care of yourself. The old company adage was when an employee buys it on the job the first thing you do is step over him and clock him out. I hope the penalty overtime provisions are being adhered to. Be well and safe. As always ...