• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEILwxbo
    Newest Member
    NEILwxbo

Coronavirus

I’m having a hard time believing a state with >45 million people many of whom are homeless and incarcerated has only 364 new cases today.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

More than double Sunday new case totals.

Yeah, there seems to be something to the weekend numbers being a little off. CT numbers way up today vs yesterday as well. I think NY had almost as many deaths in their morning report as all day yesterday.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m having a hard time believing a state with >45 million people many of whom are homeless and incarcerated has only 364 new cases today.

Agreed. No way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

All those are tossed. Somethings wrong 

13 minutes ago, rcostell said:

PF- I hold all your observations in highest regard.  Upon reading/seeing this one- I'm honestly embarassed for my State. Many of us are trying hard to do what we can. Those people should be pelted with rocks. Disrespectful and idiotic. 

I know its just the law of averages... even if 90% are doing it right, there is that 10% not. 

The bigger insight into the thought process had to be the swim towels and shorts while snow/ice rots in the woods, ha. 

Given the age group I'd say a large group of college kids who got permission to use a parents' second home for a little while. 

That's certainly the hardest demographic to control.... its the one that triggered Burlington VT to issue $500-$1000 fines because they found most of the UVM and Champlain College Frat Houses and college students were still partying and having large gatherings for BBQs and such. 

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

What state is this where many of the residents are homeless and incarcerated??! lol.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What state is this where many of the residents are homeless and incarcerated??! lol.

California 

10 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Zoom in and people wearing wool hats.  Temps on April 2nd in NYC were above 50F I believe

That doesn’t mean much. I see New Yorkers wear wool hats and jackets during 80F summer days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, weathafella said:

Cmon freak....didn’t you ever watch dragnet?

Haha I was just cracking up at the description. 

Rough place when many are homeless or in jail, but I know what you were talking about it. 

I've been really interested in how this hasn't gotten into more jail ecosystems yet.

Today's numbers from VT.  We get a pretty thourough update daily that includes the latest numbers

Current COVID-19 Activity in Vermont

As of 1:00 p.m. on April 6, 2020

Positive test results*

543**

Total tests conducted 

Deaths+

People being monitored

People who have completed monitoring

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That doesn’t mean much. I see New Yorkers wear wool hats and jackets during 80F summer days.

It was cold that morning . It’s legit . If Ant goes to a packed deli on Napril 6th grabbing meat.. a packed subway car with folks holding hands totally legit

One of the issues is that they've reduced the number of trains and condensed the schedules.  Many of the essintial workers for Manhattan live in the other burroughs and need to take public transit to get to their jobs.  I listened to this podcast yesterday and they were saying in the 1918 pandemic public transit availability was expanded so that there would be less crowding.

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/03/827016244/episode-988-the-economics-of-hospital-beds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sn0waddict said:

Look at the number of tests done. 3,416 in this report vs  1,241 yesterday and 2,014 the day before.

The last time we had over 1k cases in a day was on Friday with 1,019. But they only tested 1,715 people that day. 

Still think this applies are a partial reason as to why the CT numbers went up.  The actual % that tested positive isn’t that bad. 

But as others have said I’m sure there are a lot more people with the virus vs what is being reported.

37 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha I was just cracking up at the description. 

Rough place when many are homeless or in jail, but I know what you were talking about it. 

I've been really interested in how this hasn't gotten into more jail ecosystems yet.

It’s just now starting to be reported and it isn’t pretty...

36 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Today's numbers from VT.  We get a pretty thourough update daily that includes the latest numbers

Current COVID-19 Activity in Vermont

As of 1:00 p.m. on April 6, 2020

Positive test results*

543**

Total tests conducted 

Deaths+

People being monitored

People who have completed monitoring

We haven’t updated yet, but we have a great informative site too.

https://www.nh.gov/covid19/

1 hour ago, Bostonseminole said:

allot of fake news around, unless someone is holding a newspaper with a date not buying it.

there are people wearing masks though

1 hour ago, SouthCoastMA said:

MA 4/6:

1337 new cases

29 deaths

Number of tests (4492) down from Friday resulting in a higher percentage positive. (29.7%)

Wonder if they only tested critical patients?

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Just a glimpse of good news and the masses flood the streets like a victorious ww2 party. We have a long ways to go.

It's almost like when you get a couple of sweet Euro runs, and you're feeling good. But there's still like 10 more runs to go before game time. 

• Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

It's almost like when you get a couple of sweet Euro runs, and you're feeling good. But there's still like 10 more runs to go before game time. 

And the shoe drops...yea, that’s the feeling. So I need to see a larger data sample before I’m high fiving my neighbors and kissing my mother in law again. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

And the shoe drops...yea, that’s the feeling. So I need to see a larger data sample before I’m high fiving my neighbors and kissing my mother in law again. 

Even after this, you’re allowed to skip the MIL kisses. Just say it’s for the good of humanity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Mysterious Heart Damage, Not Just Lung Troubles, Befalling COVID-19 Patients

https://khn.org/news/mysterious-heart-damage-not-just-lung-troubles-befalling-covid-19-patients/

Which is a big reason older is bad.  A guy who was a friend of a friend died last week from COVID-19.  Basically it caused pericarditis and he keeled over dead at his kitchen table.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

• Haha 1