• Member Statistics

    15,844
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    NEILwxbo
    Newest Member
    NEILwxbo
    Joined
moneypitmike

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

from World O Meters. Just like how France wasn’t counting at home or nursing home deaths in their count NYC isn’t either. Not sure if they’ll go back and add to the totals afterward or not but definitely something to take into consideration. Death is still death no matter where it happens so more people are dying from this then what is being shown. 
 

“An estimated additional 180 - 195 deaths per day occurring at home in New York City due to COVID-19 are not being counted in the official figures. "Early on in this crisis we were able to swab people who died at home, and thus got a coronavirus reading. But those days are long gone. We simply don't have the testing capacity for the large numbers dying at home. Now only those few who had a test confirmation *before* dying are marked as victims of coronavirus on their death certificate. This almost certainly means we are undercounting the total number of victims of this pandemic," said Mark Levine, Chair of New York City Council health committee“

Take em up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

A friend of mine is infuriated today.  He lives over the border in Sherbrooke Quebec.   A customer who was angry about Walmart virus policy ran over my friend's friend.  He is not doing good and is a father of 5 young kids.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/sherbrooke-walmart-coronavirus-hit-and-run-1.5522500?fbclid=IwAR2WdbZW5dDTPtqWDLIt4tWokw2fyMraMV5CwBN0QJ-bXSmOoMKZf2u5xGA

My dad posted about that.. my dad lives the town over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking like today's us new cases will be similar to yesterday based on the numbers coming in. Weekend numbers, so could be a factor why we're seeing lower numbers, but hot spots like Louisiana are continuing to rise while the majority of urban areas are falling. Makes sense NYC numbers are down. They were hit hard early when folks continued to go out. Poor response from deBlasio. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have a NYC cop, with covid, riding a bicycle around the city coming within 10 feet of everyone and everything and stops at a deli for a sandwich and is mad that other people, without covid, are at the deli. 

Expect an uptick in cases within a few days. Trapezoid theory in effect. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

CT way up . Proves weekend data missing 

 

Does CT release hospitalizations/ICU cases per day for this? That's probably what we really want to be looking at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Positive news from NY and NJ governors today. The curve is flattening! 

It’s coming up here thanks to the fine folks from those states.  

We are playing a game of who can find the worst out of state offenders.  

I was walking the dog and witnessed two Jersey SUVs pull up and 8-9 people piled out, some in bathing suits and towels at 50F.  

Got far enough ahead so I could get a pic for the contest.... grabbing your friends and going to Vermont for a vacation and chilling at a swimming hole  is not social distancing. 

890F7B2F-1BAB-4A31-8AD0-32F8E10C871B.jpeg.7a5cdf02012fd60009141de10938549e.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Does CT release hospitalizations/ICU cases per day for this? That's probably what we really want to be looking at. 

On the map by county it shows the number of increased hospitalizations per day. We’re still about 2-3 weeks away 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Looking like today's us new cases will be similar to yesterday based on the numbers coming in. Weekend numbers, so could be a factor why we're seeing lower numbers, but hot spots like Louisiana are continuing to rise while the majority of urban areas are falling. Makes sense NYC numbers are down. They were hit hard early when folks continued to go out. Poor response from deBlasio. 

I bet we’re 30,000+ when it’s all tallied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wx2fish said:

That last update jumped quite a bit for mass. It's weird that it says there isnt a stay at home order, yet there is. I wonder if that is impacting the model?

It also significantly dropped for VT, NH and ME. It almost seems too low now in NH, it went from like 350 deaths to 32.  

350 deaths in NH? We have had 9 so far and the projections are for 32 total... where does that number come from? 

If anything, hard to see any real trends here - numbers are overall very low so day to day variability is quite high. At least it's encouraging to see that the projections are pretty positive (and they've been revised downward recently). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

It’s coming up here thanks to the fine folks from those states.  

We are playing a game of who can find the worst out of state offenders.  

I was walking the dog and witnessed two Jersey SUVs pull up and 8-9 people piled out, some in bathing suits and towels at 50F.  

Got far enough ahead so I could get a pic for the contest.... grabbing your friends and going to Vermont for a vacation and chilling at a swimming hole  is not social distancing. 

890F7B2F-1BAB-4A31-8AD0-32F8E10C871B.jpeg.7a5cdf02012fd60009141de10938549e.jpeg

Gov. Murphy signed a executive order if it’s not your permanent residents you need to leave. They should do the same up there in VT.  The biggest issue now will become how the states are all in diff stages of this pandemic. We should have had a country wide shut down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

On the map by county it shows the number of increased hospitalizations per day. We’re still about 2-3 weeks away 

ahhh gotcha...completely overlooked that. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Gov. Murphy signed a executive order if it’s not your permanent residents you need to leave. They should do the same up there in VT.  The biggest issue now will become how the states are all in diff stages of this pandemic. We should have had a country wide shut down 

Yeah our curve will be much further behind the more urban areas.  

But it’s coming.  I think everyone up here is just frustrated as we’ve been shut down for over 3 weeks now and doing well, then you see folks from elsewhere arrive with blatant disregard.  It’s like why have we been working so hard at this if out of towners rolling 9 deep are coming together.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

On the map by county it shows the number of increased hospitalizations per day. We’re still about 2-3 weeks away 

Already backing off your next month, maybe June predictions. Glad you're coming to your senses.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much for 200,000 deaths in the country. I think we're starting to see this thing not be as contagious as we once thought.  Two people at my work have had it but they didn't spread it to any other coworkers. 

  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, alex said:

350 deaths in NH? We have had 9 so far and the projections are for 32 total... where does that number come from? 

If anything, hard to see any real trends here - numbers are overall very low so day to day variability is quite high. At least it's encouraging to see that the projections are pretty positive (and they've been revised downward recently). 

I was just referring to the earlier version of that model page. At one point it had around 350 in NH, but it has since dropped considerably. I think it updated yesterday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Already backing off your next month, maybe June predictions. Glad you're coming to your senses.

well for Hartford County the PROJECTIONS of peak are mid-to-late May...some of you are completely obsessed with what Kevin is saying when in fact he is only reiterating what CT officials have stated several times. Fairfield County is expected to peak mid-to-late April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Already backing off your next month, maybe June predictions. Glad you're coming to your senses.

Huh? I said by mid summer you may be out of quarantine. You had it ending nationally this week. Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

So much for 200,000 deaths in the country. I think we're starting to see this thing not be as contagious as we once thought.  Two people at my work have had it but they didn't spread it to any other coworkers. 

Lets hope, Im not sure its not as contagious but not so many people succumbing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

CT way up . Proves weekend data missing 

 

Look at the number of tests done. 3,416 in this report vs  1,241 yesterday and 2,014 the day before.

The last time we had over 1k cases in a day was on Friday with 1,019. But they only tested 1,715 people that day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol I changed my mind...optimism is gone just from lack of respect to social distancing and fact that many seem to not really understand flattening curves in first places impacted means whole US is. We’re still in trouble unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

So much for 200,000 deaths in the country. I think we're starting to see this thing not be as contagious as we once thought.  Two people at my work have had it but they didn't spread it to any other coworkers. 

Contagious or deadly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You have a NYC cop, with covid, riding a bicycle around the city coming within 10 feet of everyone and everything and stops at a deli for a sandwich and is mad that other people, without covid, are at the deli. 

Expect an uptick in cases within a few days. Trapezoid theory in effect. 

I have covid ? I ride a bike ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...