• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEILwxbo
    Newest Member
    NEILwxbo

Coronavirus

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I'm getting lunch in a deli now and there are about 14 people in here. Wtf.

Mad at other people when you're there too?

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

8 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

You’ll be ok if you eat the pickle.

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 2

10 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

There’s no deli opened. You must mean you ordered online for curbside pickup

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I agree. They could do reduced capacity too requiring fans to sit like 2-3 seats apart so that stadiums aren’t dead silent. 

Most of the money is actually in TV for the sports...obviously the stadium revenue is nice for the teams but in recent years it’s becoming a smaller slice of the pie. TV revenue is where it’s at...so even if they are forced to do empty stadiums, they’ll do it. 

Exactly! When it comes to football I rather be home watching the game and tracking my fantasy teams. The majority of the time I’m watching  Red Zone. I see no reason why football can’t be played in September.

4 minutes ago, South Shore Slop said:

I thought you just got tested? WTF is right...

I'm working

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s no deli opened. You must mean you ordered online for curbside pickup

What? There are deli's open here in NYC.

20 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Mass peak is projected to be in a few weeks whereas NY peak is projected to be in a few days. 

what - please name your sources ?

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

For takeout correct? 

You cant eat in most of the deli's  where I work. Yes take out.

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

So you can walk in , sit down and eat with all the other sickees? I mean WTF. No wonder you have it 

No you can't 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

So you can walk in , sit down and eat with all the other sickees? I mean WTF. No wonder you have it 

You can walk in but have to leave. 

13 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Our local farm market/convenience store posted a bright red sign asking that people waiting for orders to be finished pay and then wait outside - there's [protection from rain - and staff will bring it out.  We make sure to wait long enough so we can enter, grab, pay and go in one continuous process.  And if someone's ahead at the register, stand back.  Seemed to be working, though it's locals serving (mainly) locals so they know who's waiting without.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Cuomo just extended no school till April 29th and said the Apex might be here but dont let your guard down.

Good news today for a change but the numbers could shoot right back up if we go back out too soon. NY isn't quite there yet in Italy/Spain's deaths per million but getting closer. Number of cases per million is way higher than Italy/Spain so I guess it's good that our death rate is lower-more resources here probably.

4 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Exactly! When it comes to football I rather be home watching the game and tracking my fantasy teams. The majority of the time I’m watching  Red Zone. I see no reason why football can’t be played in September.

Lol in the nfl I could really care less if stadiums are empty all season...I just enjoy the games. Loud crowds are for college ball.

• Like 2

Just now, ineedsnow said:

New death toll in NY is over 10 percent for the day.. how is that turning the corner?

The rate isn't increasing so it may be the plateau. We could be at this high rate for days, weeks or less. Hopefully it turns a corner and goes down quickly. 

Just now, ineedsnow said:

New death toll in NY is over 10 percent for the day.. how is that turning the corner?

Deaths lag so that isn’t going to turn the corner for a while, but a reduction in new hospitalizations and positive cases is a positive.

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

You can walk in but have to leave. 

It’s no wonder you have it. Why are you going to places like that? There’s other safer places to get the meat to put in your mouth 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

20 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My sister in laws are both teachers... one is done for the rest of the year regardless on maternity leave... but the other says the schools seem to be operating like they will return once the May 4th date hits 

That certainly isn't the case in Haverhill. Haverhill just started online learning today. 

2 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Did you get your results back yet?

I would lose my shit if I was unknowingly in line with a possible COVID 19 positive. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sn0waddict said:

Deaths lag so that isn’t going to turn the corner for a while, but a reduction in new hospitalizations and positive cases is a positive.

I dont know I almost have a feeling it's only because  hospitals are getting full and they're  only testing people that are really sick..  others they tell just to go home unless you get worse

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

what - please name your sources ?

...based on a lot of assumptions.

coronavirus-MASS.jpg
MASSACHUSETTS PEAK DAY CURVE DATE CORONAVIRUS: 4/16 PREDICTION

ST LOUIS (LALATE) – The Massachusetts Peak Day Curve Date 2020 is being predicted for April 16, 2020. The current modeling claims there will be massive bed shortages and ICU shortages as well. But is the modeling correct?

A possible Massachusetts Peak Day Curve Date is April 16, 2020, so claims the at issue curve that the White House is relying upon. The timeline if true would have the state reach its peak after Louisiana (April 9) and after New York and Jersey (April 10). But is the prediction accurate?

http://news.lalate.com/2020/04/05/massachusetts-peak-day-curve-date-coronavirus-416-prediction/

8 minutes ago, South Shore Slop said:

...based on a lot of assumptions.

coronavirus-MASS.jpg
MASSACHUSETTS PEAK DAY CURVE DATE CORONAVIRUS: 4/16 PREDICTION

ST LOUIS (LALATE) – The Massachusetts Peak Day Curve Date 2020 is being predicted for April 16, 2020. The current modeling claims there will be massive bed shortages and ICU shortages as well. But is the modeling correct?

A possible Massachusetts Peak Day Curve Date is April 16, 2020, so claims the at issue curve that the White House is relying upon. The timeline if true would have the state reach its peak after Louisiana (April 9) and after New York and Jersey (April 10). But is the prediction accurate?

http://news.lalate.com/2020/04/05/massachusetts-peak-day-curve-date-coronavirus-416-prediction/

Mid April is on par with the National assessment and is sooner than " in a few weeks .."