• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEILwxbo
    Newest Member
    NEILwxbo

Coronavirus

The leaders of the Hasidic communities have a great deal of influence.  They are really at fault here.  Sometimes when the 14th century merged with the 21st century it doesn’t work out so well....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

The thing is many of the poorer folks in Boston are more exposed and per why I’m earring from inside reports on the front lines we’re not there yet....ramping up now though.

Agreed, but doesn't influence the curve.

Just now, MarkO said:

Takes sip of bourbon, we'll see. 

So I was talking to my cousin yesterday and she sounded pretty toasted at 11am.   My wife’s comment (apparently not original) was cocktail time is anytime in a quarantine....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarkO said:

Agreed, but doesn't influence the curve.

Well the overwhelming of hospitals sure is a sign and it’s just getting to capacity or a bit beyond now.

12 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

It’s been pretty desolate in the nyc metro area also. Unfortunately, certain communities have been a issue. You hate to generalize a whole group of people but it’s a problem.fanatical adherence to religious laws in those communities causes  so many  problems. 

Yep. Scary that people think religion will shield them from a virus. 

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The leaders of the Hasidic communities have a great deal of influence.  They are really at fault here.  Sometimes when the 14th century merged with the 21st century it doesn’t work out so well....

As a Libertarian, I believe they have free will. That being said, I understand they are not helping. Do it as a self Isolated commune is my answer.

• Like 2

Just now, weathafella said:

Well the overwhelming of hospitals sure is a sign and it’s just getting to capacity or a bit beyond now.

Is is. My sister is on the front lines in Tufts. The real heroes. The stories she tells me... and it will get worse before it gets better. The hero's can not be understated.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Is is. My sister is on the front lines in Tufts. The real heroes. The stories she tells me... and it will get worse before it gets better. The hero's can not be understated.

Your sister is a hero!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

Possible fatal drug interaction between chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine and metformin.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victoriaforster/2020/04/05/researchers-warn-that-covid-19-treatment-touted-by-trump-may-be-toxic-when-combined-with-diabetes-drug

Hopefully nobody on metformin is self medicating for covid-19

There are tons of people on metformin!

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

So I was talking to my cousin yesterday and she sounded pretty toasted at 11am.   My wife’s comment (apparently not original) was cocktail time is anytime in a quarantine....

Remember, in 20 years our country will be run by people who were homeschooled by day drinkers.   

• Haha 6

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Remember, in 20 years our country will be run by people who were homeschooled by day drinkers.   

Interesting times ahead....

Hydroxychloroquine metformin reaction is a problem and if the potus is touting this, he should be careful to make sure that people with diabetes on metformin-probably large number of folks over 50-are warned.  This is why the president should leave things like this to the doctors.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I was in a hospital today during work and the staff was yelling at each other while doing work.  This must be so stressful for them.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Interesting times ahead....

Hydroxychloroquine metformin reaction is a problem and if the potus is touting this, he should be careful to make sure that people with diabetes on metformin-probably large number of folks over 50-are warned.  This is why the president should leave things like this to the doctors.

Presumably those old folks are asking their doctors first before taking new, powerful drugs... right? Or are we back to drinking fishbowl cleaner?

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Presumably those old folks are asking their doctors first before taking new, powerful drugs... right? Or are we back to drinking fishbowl cleaner?

Doctors are prescribing it pretty frequently when patients end up in the hospital.  It may be better for early onset COVID-19 and the metformin angle may be a huge deal that ties one hand behind doctors’ backs.  We’ll see

16 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Please don't confuse homeschooling with what some public school kids are getting.  Homeschoolers do better than there public schooled counterparts and are highly sought after by universities, the military academies and employers.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Doctors are prescribing it pretty frequently when patients end up in the hospital.  It may be better for early onset COVID-19 and the metformin angle may be a huge deal that ties one hand behind doctors’ backs.  We’ll see

Hopefully doctors are not watching the Trump press briefings and then making treatment decisions based on them. 

Anecdotally there were reports of people ordering C/HC online.  Might be harder to find it now but hopefully those folks are aware especially if they take metformin.  Diabetes, by the way, being one of the underlying conditions of concern with covid-19.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Hopefully doctors are not watching the Trump press briefings and then making treatment decisions based on them. 

Those actually guide treatment of all things.  Ever see the movie the death of Stalin?

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

Anecdotally there were reports of people ordering C/HC online.  Might be harder to find it now but hopefully those folks are aware especially if they take metformin.  Diabetes, by the way, being one of the underlying conditions of concern with covid-19.

I don't doubt you but why aren't the reporters questioning Trump about this?

And chloroquine is not the same as hydroxychloroquine!  Hydroxychloroquine is the drug being investigated.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Hopefully no one, doctor or not, is making any decisions from some of those briefings, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

I don't doubt you but why aren't the reporters questioning Trump about this?

Given how he treats reporters that question his statements or advice, you gotta have a set on you to challenge his medical advice.

31 minutes ago, MarkO said:

As a Libertarian, I believe they have free will. That being said, I understand they are not helping. Do it as a self Isolated commune is my answer.

This crisis is a microcosm of what ails us as a nation, community and society. We love to talk about all of our rights, but we forget that underlying the social contract is recipricocity - we have an obligation to be responsible and not unfairly burden other citizens. Do stupid stuff, don't come looking to be bailed out, the moral hazard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Really? The way this has been handeled? Our country is a mess 

I agree with that, and by the way I don't think that's all trumps fault.  He's just a symptom of much bigger problems.

24 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Please don't confuse homeschooling with what some public school kids are getting.  Homeschoolers do better than there public schooled counterparts and are highly sought after by universities, the military academies and employers.

I have never met a home schooled kid who wasn’t socially awkward. Smart, but they have no idea how to interact with others.