moneypitmike

Coronavirus

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

So far so good at some hospitals in Boston. Just had a beer with a friend who is an ICU nurse at a major ( and yes social distancing) . finished her shift yesterday and isn't scheduled to work again until Tuesday. I asked if they wanted her to work over the weekend and she said no it's actually kind of slow because of the cancellation of elective surgeries. They got something right.

Staff know they have to get as much rest as possible now...because what’s coming won’t be pretty most likely.

• Like 2

Just now, kdxken said:

So far so good at some hospitals in Boston. Just had a beer with a friend who is an ICU nurse at a major ( and yes social distancing) . finished her shift yesterday and isn't scheduled to work again until Tuesday. I asked if they wanted her to work over the weekend and she said no it's actually kind of slow because of the cancellation of elective surgeries. They got something right.

Ha some friends on Ski Patrol who also work in the local hospital have commented how absurdly slow it has been, which is scary in its own right.  With the ski resort closed they aren't getting the dozen or so ER patients a day that the ski area sends them (you know, the general twisted knees, possible concussions, sprained wrists, the generic stuff that happens to a dozen folks when 10,000 people go skiing on a given day) and with all elective procedures and even routine checkups cancelled/delayed, the hospital is really empty. 

Everyone just sitting and waiting for it to happen, and cleaning the crap out of everything possible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Where did you have this beer ?

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Where did you have this beer ?

On the lawn of my house why? Going to arrest me ?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 2

10 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

How long before we peak Jerry, any idea?

I’m no expert by any means. If I did a WAG it will be around 4/20 in MA.

29 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha some friends on Ski Patrol who also work in the local hospital have commented how absurdly slow it has been, which is scary in its own right.  With the ski resort closed they aren't getting the dozen or so ER patients a day that the ski area sends them (you know, the general twisted knees, possible concussions, sprained wrists, the generic stuff that happens to a dozen folks when 10,000 people go skiing on a given day) and with all elective procedures and even routine checkups cancelled/delayed, the hospital is really empty. 

Everyone just sitting and waiting for it to happen, and cleaning the crap out of everything possible.

A couple of weeks ago my wife compared this situation and the waiting as we were waiting for a giant monster to come and destroy our society.  But we didn’t know when or from what direction.   

the waiting gives me anxiety

On 3/22/2020 at 6:19 PM, Dr. Dews said:

From around 3-4 days before I was becoming sick. 

FB_IMG_1584910651583.jpg

Yep

• Confused 1

Hospital situation similar here in SVT as to what PF described.  Have a friend who is ER doc and friend who is a nurse at Bennington hospital. They said it's been really slow, they have a COVID wing setup, and think they said  have had 1 patient needing hospitalization so far.. County population is only 35K and relatively spread out, so not too surprising as of right now. 

I'm sure it will increase in the next few weeks, even in rural areas like here. But everyone I know has been really good about the social distancing here over the past 2 weeks. 

• Thanks 1

At least a mobster can get things done.  When you combine a mobster/criminal and an idiot and wrap it up in extreme narcissism then you have a problem.  I had a friend who occassionally went to Venezuela what Chavez was President.  He said one time he arrived at his hotel and turned on TV.  Chavez was speaking on the only channel.  Just rambling, singing songs, etc.  So my friend went out to lunch and for a long walk.  3-4 hours later he came back to his room and Chavez was still going.  That's what we have today.  Here's a bit from today's mess:

Trump: "This— whatever they want to call it. You can call it a germ, you can call it a flu, you can call it a virus. You can call it many different names. I'm not sure anybody even knows what it is." FYI: It's a coronavirus.

Trump attacks the governors of Washington and Michigan, who asked for his help during a pandemic: "I think we've done a great job for the state of Washington and I think the governor is a failed presidential candidate ... Michigan, all she does— she has no idea what's going on."

Trump said he doesn't think Pence should call governors who don't treat him well: "He calls all the governors. I tell him —I mean, I'm a different type of person— I say, 'Mike, don't call the governor of Washington. You're wasting your time ... Don't call the woman in Michigan.'"

ABC's Jon Karl: Will everyone who needs one be able to get a ventilator? Trump: "Look, look. Don't be a cutie pie."

I'll take the mobster for 500 Alex.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

At least a mobster can get things done.  When you combine a mobster/criminal and an idiot and wrap it up in extreme narcissism then you have a problem.  I had a friend who occassionally went to Venezuela what Chavez was President.  He said one time he arrived at his hotel and turned on TV.  Chavez was speaking on the only channel.  Just rambling, singing songs, etc.  So my friend went out to lunch and for a long walk.  3-4 hours later he came back to his room and Chavez was still going.  That's what we have today.  Here's a bit from today's mess:

Trump: "This— whatever they want to call it. You can call it a germ, you can call it a flu, you can call it a virus. You can call it many different names. I'm not sure anybody even knows what it is." FYI: It's a coronavirus.

Trump attacks the governors of Washington and Michigan, who asked for his help during a pandemic: "I think we've done a great job for the state of Washington and I think the governor is a failed presidential candidate ... Michigan, all she does— she has no idea what's going on."

Trump said he doesn't think Pence should call governors who don't treat him well: "He calls all the governors. I tell him —I mean, I'm a different type of person— I say, 'Mike, don't call the governor of Washington. You're wasting your time ... Don't call the woman in Michigan.'"

ABC's Jon Karl: Will everyone who needs one be able to get a ventilator? Trump: "Look, look. Don't be a cutie pie."

I'll take the mobster for 500 Alex.

I’m just sick of him and his schtick. Outrage fatigue is for real. We’re lucky to have some real leadership closer to home. 

We’re (in the hospital system) feeling like we’re on the edge of a tsunami.  I can’t share internal email from NYC bit it’s frightening.  NO is a mess also.  Time to hunker down, do whatever jobs need to get done, and be careful.  This is an awful thing but the challenge is bringing me some youth in a sense.
Stay safe Jerry!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Taunton? Any clusters?

Is this sort of information being reported?  I thought all identities were kept private unless divulged by individual infected.

21 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Is this sort of information being reported?  I thought all identities were kept private unless divulged by individual infected.

I don't think nursing homes have a choice on the matter.

31 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Should do that everywhere to discourage teens and young adults from playing.

There were a group of four unrelated teens playing a game at the park near me.  I know the town over (Brookline) has removed them already from some parks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

First time over 300 daily deaths in the U.S. Up to 312 today :(

Just had a big jump.  Looks like it will top 400

Shit's getting real