• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

Coronavirus

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is basically what China did. They walled off the worst areas and totally restricted movement. It’s a big step for a country like the United States to take though. It’s a lot different in a free society vs a totalitarian a government. 

But at some point you weigh the risks accordingly. 

It’s all going pretty much exactly as the movie Contagion in 2011.  National Guard check points are next in line.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I gave it a lot of thought today . We are, but I am convinced whether it’s overseas or internal that there was a spread on purpose in cities and rural areas. 

:blink:

This is just how highly transmissible viruses work. We don't need intentional seeding of flu every year to sweep across the country, nor did we need it here.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I gave it a lot of thought today . We are, but I am convinced whether it’s overseas or internal that there was a spread on purpose in cities and rural areas. 

Did “they” go to Italy first?

• Haha 2

Just now, OceanStWx said:

:blink:

This is just how highly transmissible viruses work. We don't need intentional seeding of flu every year to sweep across the country, nor did we need it here.

When there’s no vaccine and it’s a short, quick death. It’s entirely different 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wouldn't you think that the terrorists would ignore the rural areas? Lot of driving to infect a few. Any idea what these folks look like?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What?  You’re smarter than this dude, and I mean that with total respect.  

This was not intentional.  The wrong bat met the wrong chicken and then the wrong human or something of that nature and here we are.

The world is so interconnected.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

This was not intentional.  The wrong bat met the wrong chicken and then the wrong human or something of that nature and here we are.

The world is so interconnected.

Must be fever.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you think this was only spread by an Asian tourist .. well I don’t know what to tell you. Carry on

Why a tourist?  Plenty of Americans in China and Italy.  Plenty of Chinese workers in Italy.  I can’t believe we are having this discussion.  

If you had in it an airport you could probably hit a dozen different countries right off the bat.

Theres no terrorist driving around coughing on people.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Well my 14 day quarantine has come and gone. No fever no cough nothing. Not like I’m really doing anything other than staying home still, but I am no longer under locked in house type quarantine.

I have had some chest and back tightness, and I was told that was almost assuredly my anxiety disorder. Near zero chance I would have some sort of pneumonia without a fever or cough or any other underlying symptoms.

Nice.:thumbsup:

So an update to my condition..I've been averaging a 102° fever for the past 4 days, along with chills and fatigue, plus sore throat/tonsilitis thrown into the mix.. finally today my fever has gone down to the 99's and my symptoms have waned. I find out yesterday that an aquaintance of mine shook hands with a certain Utah Jazz player in early March while in Boston,and my wife and i had indirect contact with that person a couple days later. She's had mild breathing issues which have now subsided. I've been at home isolating from society for a good two weeks despite this late information.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you think this was only spread by an Asian tourist .. well I don’t know what to tell you. Carry on

It spread by an American who returned home to Seattle from Wuhan, and Americans who were flown home from the Diamond Princess to be based in California for monitoring, probably countless other stories of people returning/visiting from Italy, Iran, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

So an update to my condition..I've been averaging a 102° fever for the past 4 days, along with chills and fatigue, plus sore throat/tonsilitis thrown into the mix.. finally today my fever has gone down to the 99's and my symptoms have waned. I find out yesterday that an aquaintance of mine shook hands with a certain Utah Jazz player in early March while in Boston,and my wife and i had indirect contact with that person a couple days later. She's had mild breathing issues which have now subsided. I've been at home isolating from society for a good two weeks. 

Good to hear! And I'm glad it wasn't your wife who had the contact with the Utah Jazz player

• Haha 2

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yup, we've just been lucky to avoid some of the major global pandemics although the swine flu death rates in the US were pretty ugly if you look at them.

This was inevitable at some point and hopefully is handled better in the future.  It's anybody's guess how it mutates once it gets into the S American bat population.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

It spread by an American who returned home to Seattle from Wuhan, and Americans who were flown home from the Diamond Princess to be based in California for monitoring, probably countless other stories of people returning/visiting from Italy, Iran, etc.

I now have this image of someone driving around in like a 2002 Ford Focus being like “This sleepy little rural town has no idea what’s about to hit them.  Just wait till I accidentally sneeze on the town librarian.  That’ll show them.”

• Haha 2

Well, with the RI travel restrictions in place, we just got an email from our son’s school to maybe not go to his dorm tomorrow to clean out his stuff

No big deal but a lot of stuff happening fast

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

So an update to my condition..I've been averaging a 102° fever for the past 4 days, along with chills and fatigue, plus sore throat/tonsilitis thrown into the mix.. finally today my fever has gone down to the 99's and my symptoms have waned. I find out yesterday that an aquaintance of mine shook hands with a certain Utah Jazz player in early March while in Boston,and my wife and i had indirect contact with that person a couple days later. She's had mild breathing issues which have now subsided. I've been at home isolating from society for a good two weeks despite this late information.

Nice glad your symptoms are residing. Hopefully that continues in the coming days.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You sure it wasn't seeded into the population via chemtrails years ago and then recently activated by the 5G networks coming online? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Did Kevin accidentally eat an edible?  :lol:  

His head wrapped in tinfoil. Lol. 

• Haha 2

My advice to anyone dealing with anxiety or depression during this time is to definitely try to speak to someone. Lots of doctors are doing face time visits, Skype, phone calls, etc etc. just because you can’t go to the office, doesn’t mean help isn’t available.

Anxiety and stress has a way of manifesting itself in physical symptoms, as I’ve seen in myself, so it’s important in a time like this to try to do anything you can to help yourself. 

• Like 6

Today I felt frightened working.  Frightened for people who have been exposed potentially to coworkers now sick.  Frightened for my patients who are often very old and frail and now being forced to stay away.  Frightened for what I am bringing into my home.  Frightened for myself..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 8

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Today I felt frightened working.  Frightened for people who have been exposed potentially to coworkers now sick.  Frightened for my patients who are often very old and frail and now being forced to stay away.  Frightened for what I am bringing into my home.  Frightened for myself..

The psychological implications are very real and will be long lasting I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

We all appreciate the good, selfless work you do everyday. Keep up the good fight. Stay safe!

• Like 2