• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

Coronavirus

10 minutes ago, Hailstoned said:

Cuomo's refreshingly competent and on task compared to "Stable Genius" and unlike him is no crook. He's deservedly becoming more widely known outside New York, and we'd be served well if some day he becomes president.

the last thing we need is another mobbed-up, nanny state city lib in office. Trump is no better FWIW, just saying

Let's play a game.."Where's Cuomo?"

25027963612_6cdd30262d_b.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 4

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Germany? Lol all the countries together could fit in Texas. How is Texas doing? Where do we rank in cases per million,  deaths per million. Singapore is a strict totalitarian Govt. 

One of the questions I have is the speed of spread outside of urban areas.  We are such a large country.  Maybe some areas are somewhat unaffected?  Or maybe it just takes time.  Those countries aren't perfect comparisons, but what we can compare is how the government responded.  Their's was strong and ours was very bad.

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

One of the questions I have is the speed of spread outside of urban areas.  We are such a large country.  Maybe some areas are somewhat unaffected?  Or maybe it just takes time.  Those countries aren't perfect comparisons, but what we can compare is how the government responded.  Their's was strong and ours was very bad.

That’s what my point was but as usual some laugh off how better other governments have performed for some reason. Not sure why it’s a bad thing to learn from other countries. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

What is up with the death rate in Georgia?

48 out of 1500 confirmed.  

Mass is 15 out of 1800 confirmed. 

Much better health care in Massachusetts

The bill is far from perfect and does not address issues like paid sick leave but it’s better than nothing and the time to do something is NOW. So Donald...put your little handycock on it, it’s your favorite hobby, and let’s get some relief for folks and businesses asap.

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

Much better health care in Massachusetts

Southern rural areas are going suffer due to poor health. At least the pop density is lower there.

Has anyone discussed or mentioned the possibility that terrorists or a group that is out to induce harm is not out purposefully spreading this around the cities and other parts of the world? For some of those groups that like to inflict harm and mass casualties.. what if they are affected with virus and purposely spreading it in population centers?

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 6

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Has anyone discussed or mentioned the possibility that terrorists or a group that is out to induce harm is not out purposefully spreading this around the cities and other parts of the world? For some of those groups that like to inflict harm and mass casualties.. what if they are affected with virus and purposely spreading it in population centers?

Sadly, I think we are doing a pretty good job of it ourselves.  See spring break.

Just now, Connecticut Appleman said:

Sadly, I think we are doing a pretty good job of it ourselves.

Yeah why would terrorists worry about spreading it when we do a great job by ourselves?

The Chinese government maybe came the closest when it was lying to the rest of the world about no evidence of human to human transmission while censoring all the doctors who were trying to warn everyone.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It's already being discussed amongst neo nazi circles. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-white-supremacists-discussed-using-covid-19-as-bioweapon-2020-3%3famp

I guess some here don't understand how manufacturing works and what it takes to make a ventilator, They don't grow on trees and they can't be mass produced in bulk like a chocolate bar in the Hershey PA plant, What we have going on is unprecedented and even if you had the foresight to start back in Jan, You still could not produce enough that could be needed or get enough of the parts to manufacture them as most of the parts are made overseas and there is a strain worldwide to produce more now which could create a parts shortage.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Move or spend your own money. Didn't get your fill from Sandy and 911?

part of Jersey are STILL getting grants to pay for their homes to be raised (and improved).

17 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That’s what my point was but as usual some laugh off how better other governments have performed for some reason. Not sure why it’s a bad thing to learn from other countries. 

South Korea March 21st-"You may feel that the current situation has improved a lot compared to the past, but... we continue to see group infection, inflows from foreign countries, mass outbreaks at workplaces," Yoon Tae-ho, director general for public health policy, said at a briefing.

Same problem here. Lots of international travel rolls trough 3 major airports near NYC, maybe not today, but over the past 6 weeks.

Just went to the supermarket and there’s a limit of one TP roll per person. Never thought I’d see this kind of limit outside of the deep summer months. :lol: 

41 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Fat, unhealthy, old, and pre-existing conditions.  Plus minimal testing. 

Doctors per capita 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

More densely populated areas are definitely the biggest problem right now, but it is creeping into small town/rural America and it's only a matter of time until it becomes more of a problem there.  There is a county here in Indiana where the only reported case of covid-19 is in someone who died... fairly unlikely ; and then there are other places I have checked that have a death and only like 3 cases reported.  That is hard to believe especially since testing/identification has been lagging behind.

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Who needs terrorist groups? You have enough idiots doing that already.

12 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

It literally just struck me today as I was on a conference call. You could completely envision it. And perhaps even in rural areas 

• Weenie 1

21 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The bill is far from perfect and does not address issues like paid sick leave but it’s better than nothing and the time to do something is NOW. So Donald...put your little handycock on it, it’s your favorite hobby, and let’s get some relief for folks and businesses asap.

If you want some entertainment just go look at the comment section on some of the Fox News website articles.  
Some of the Trumpy’s are so blind faith loyal they are saying things like the Democrats caused this to ruin the economy and sink Trump. Other idiots saying any Trump cabinet members or federally employed experts that disagree with him should be fired.

i’ve honestly never seen anything like it. 

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

If you want some entertainment just go look at the comment section on some of the Fox News website articles.  
Some of the Trumpy’s are so blind faith loyal they are saying things like the Democrats caused this to ruin the economy and sink Trump. Other idiots saying any Trump cabinet members or federally employed experts that disagree with him should be fired.

i’ve honestly never seen anything like it. 

They are the Jim Jones Koolaid drinkers to the 1000th power. Firm believers of everything he says and does.

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

They are the Jim Jones Koolaid drinkers to the 1000th power. Firm believers of everything he says and does.

Sad, but what else do we expect with politics as toxic as they are in this country.  Each side thinks the other is an existential threat.