• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEILwxbo
    Newest Member
    NEILwxbo

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

You got me started.  Easter is not a special day to many, if not most Dems - who are far from God, and often traditional family values. Easter remains a special holiday for many.  It is just a strange thing to pick on Trump for saying, but anything goes I guess.

I don’t think you are wrong on the “far from God” but traditional family values?  Not even sure what that means.  My parents were Democrats but we ate dinner together every night, were respectful of others, treat your neighbors like you’d treat yourself, be a good human lol.  

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

Governors a bit more positive today out of NY and NJ. My area has been a ghost town for a week now. I think most people are staying in. Eventually this should make a difference! The number of positive cases were again down today.

Down in NJ? What were the number of positive cases the past few days? 

6 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Down in NJ? What were the number of positive cases the past few days? 

https://patch.com/new-jersey/pointpleasant/watch-live-gov-phil-murphy-issues-nj-update-coronavirus

Murphy also announced on Wednesday that the state has 736 more positive tests and 18 more deaths, raising the case total to 4,402 and the death toll to 62. The daily case total was smaller for the second consecutive day.

COVID-19 cases in New Jersey, United States  (
)
     Deaths        Active cases
Date

# of cases
2020-03-04

1(+1)  
2020-03-05

2(+1) (+100%)
2020-03-06

4(+2) (+100%)
2020-03-07

4(+0) (+0%)
2020-03-08

6(+2) (+50%)
2020-03-09

11(+5) (+83%)
2020-03-10

15(+4) (+36%)
2020-03-11

23(+8) (+53%)
2020-03-12

29(+6) (+21%)
2020-03-13

50(+21) (+42%)
2020-03-14

69(+19) (+38%)
2020-03-15

98(+29) (+42%)
2020-03-16

178(+80) (+82%)
2020-03-17

267(+89) (+50%)
2020-03-18

427(+160) (+60%)
2020-03-19

742(+315) (+74%)
2020-03-20

890(+148) (+20%)
2020-03-21

1327(+437) (+49%)
2020-03-22

1914(+587) (+44%)
2020-03-23

2844(+930) (+48%)
2020-03-24

3675(+831) (+29%)
2020-03-25

4402(+727) (+20%)
Source: Official website, Twitter of NJDOH, Twitter of NJ Governor Phil Murphy.

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

All Mass schools now closed through at least the end of April.   This has been tricky as a teacher

Are there alternative for kids to do home study curriculums?  I'm not talking about distant learning put workbooks or study sheets that students can work through.

30 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Confirmed cases, there are most likely exponentially more than that.     There are also over 3.5 million people in CT for perspective.

Not to cite you, but this is posted at least several times a day. FWIW, I'm not sure it's even worth doing the daily tracker anymore

Just now, Lava Rock said:

Not to cite you, but this is posted at least several times a day. FWIW, I'm not sure it's even worth doing the daily tracker anymore

It’s really not...it’s very widespread at this point.

8 minutes ago, LSC97wxnut said:

Massachusetts just pushed the earliest date school can reopen to May 5...

https://www.wcvb.com/article/governor-charlie-baker-massachusetts-covid-19-coronavirus-update-3-25-2020/31931210

Just keep it closed till Fall. Are kids going to be devoid of that much more lost education in 6wks. Kinda pointless to pick some arbitrary point on the calendar.

• Like 1

Children attending school this summer with dangerous dews/heat and no ac?

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

Just keep it closed till Fall. Are kids going to be devoid of that much more lost education in 6wks. Kinda pointless to pick some arbitrary point on the calendar.

I wish that officials would reach out to the homeschool communities and see what they do.  I think the public schools could do a lot and not lose that much.  Mind you, a lot of "homeschooling" isn't actually done in the home but a good portion is and they could focus on those areas.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I don’t think you are wrong on the “far from God” but traditional family values?  Not even sure what that means.  My parents were Democrats but we ate dinner together every night, were respectful of others, treat your neighbors like you’d treat yourself, be a good human lol.  

Not ignoring you or Mark, but at the request of others I won't continue

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dan76 said:

Children attending school this summer with dangerous dews/heat and no ac?

Our superintendent has said June 24 is the last day regardless of when/if the schools reopen.  I would think most systems will be given waivers for not getting to 180 days for this year.

Just found out my cousin’s father in law is in the hospital on a ventilator due to coronavirus. He’s older and has underlying health issues, but still hits close to home. Hoping he pulls through. 

• Sad 3

This thing has been here for months, probably late December since people were flying in and out of here from Wuhan.  Just rearing it's ugly head now. I bet some of the Dr.'s knew back in January that something was up, seeing a few patients with strange symptoms. 

• Like 1

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

Just found out my cousin’s father in law is in the hospital on a ventilator due to coronavirus. He’s older and has underlying health issues, but still hits close to home. Hoping he pulls through. 

Any idea how he got it?  

Our local schools have transitioned to remote learning using Schoology and Google classroom.  Seems to be working very well so far (I'm a parent of a high school freshman who was mad about school 'closing').

The school district is also providing free breakfast and lunches for any kid under 18 (doesn't have to be enrolled)

This may be the beginning of the end for snow days and going skiing).

Home schooling is not easy with two parents working. We try our best. On top of that, I had to do a stretch of overnights so this has been a tough stretch for sure. 

50 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Confirmed cases, there are most likely exponentially more than that.     There are also over 3.5 million people in CT for perspective.

The state epidemiologist just on air said there’s thousands and thousands in CT now and expects 350,000 plus peaking at 8 weeks from now 

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

who gets to decide who is far from God?  And who gets to decide what God is?  Not a lot of "close to God" stuff going on among a lot of Republicans lately as it related to immigrants and minorities...unless your definition of God is consistent with immigrants in cages, and all kinds of other groups stereotyped and gossiped and lied about.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Not ignoring you or Mark, but at the request of others I won't continue

Yeah, like you decide what to say on here "at the request of others".  Lol.  You just know that what you said was not so great or really very defensible so you have a good excuse to back away.  I look forward to "others requesting" you to stop making so many idiotic posts, and then you quickly ammending your behavior.  It's a shame, you've been more readable lately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to say, in real life I am so much more conflict-averse.  I read some of my posts and just laugh or sometimes cringe.  That being said, my opinions are usually pretty solid and open-minded...they just have an edge to them.  To the nice folks on here, I'm sorry.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

who gets to decide who is far from God?  And who gets to decide what God is?  Not a lot of "close to God" stuff going on among a lot of Republicans lately as it related to immigrants and minorities...unless your definition of God is consistent with immigrants in cages, and all kinds of other groups stereotyped and gossiped and lied about.

Yes, based on the godliness of the typical trumper-bible thumpers out there, it's a mighty cold universe presided over by a cold as ice creator.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Talk about stereotyping.

However, neither the above post or the one to which it was responding add anything to this discussion, which has provided a lot of well thought out and useful information.  (rant over)

Edit: And as one of those "Bible thumpers" I'll be conducting tonight's prayer service as our pastor needs to protect his very weak mother and his D-I-L and soon-to-arrive grandson.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1