• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

Coronavirus

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

He has been fantastic. His stuff is a must read.

He really has been. He's been all over this since January. Having reporters who have worked beats and have become subject matter experts is so invaluable. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Wish they would do by town. It wouldn't be violating any HIPPA right?

Newton, MA has been releasing numbers most every day since the first case here in town. (22 as of yesterday.)

Guess it's on a town by town basis.

3 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Lots of Trump folks turning on Dr. Fauci on twitter.  Wait till he is back on today and agrees with Trump, he will be a hero again.

Thanks country is so fukked.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Thanks country is so fukked.

It feels broken permanently. Too many are fixated with the party they align with and not actually debating the issues. Everything is black and white when it should be grey. I honestly feel like some would rather see their country go to hell rather than see the other side "win". You don't have to go back many decades ago to find near sweeps in Presidential elections...good luck ever seeing that again.

Yet we keep electing these same politicians in. It's supposed to be public service...not a lifelong career. Term limits please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Well ...I'll defer to y'alls superior wit and sagacity in matters of politics.

I'm speaking more from the perspective of 'biological imperative' ( borrowing...), that humans will only accept the present reality for so long and they will find away to accustom/gamble for a better reality.  It's more of an intuitive sociological guess/experiment but we're already seeing some of that emerge in hints and frets and it'll gain momentum.  Time does not stand still while we fantasize no one dies from this.  It may be 'right wing sounding' but it's realism actually - either side will suffer equally for this advent in history.  No politics -

Neurologically, reality is an illusion.

The emerging shift to throw large numbers of our population, including the healthcare workers, under the bus for the good of a persistent illusion is horrifying.  So I wonder, what does it take for to illusion to shift. We haven't even seen the worst yet. This country is far more f'ed if the herd is OK with mass graves so the "immune" can drift back to their illusion.

4 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Iceland testing the whole population for COVID19.. could be used for modeling disease progression.

That's interesting. Iceland has an extremely homogeneous population, super tight knit, most people are related. And a relatively small population

8 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Iceland testing the whole population for COVID19.. could be used for modeling disease progression.

Outside of a snapshot, what good does that do?  All it says is at such and such a date and time you were negative or positive.  Did they say what do they plan on doing with that data?

Cuomo on.. he is not presenting a pretty picture.. rate is doubling every 2 days in NY,  "rate is not slowing, it's accelerating".  Said the "Apex" was 110K bed, now projection is that they might need as many as 140K beds and flattening the curve is not working...will need 40K ICU beds.

Let's get back to work folks.

• Sad 2

Just now, MetHerb said:

Outside of a snapshot, what good does that do?  All it says is at such and such a date and time you were negative or positive.  Did they say what do they plan on doing with that data?

they will keep doing testing, they are just not testing once and be done.. will find the article.

New therapies starting today in NY

Hydroxycl/zithromax

plasma

doing also antibody test

We should get data pretty quickly on these and could be a game changer in terms of deaths.

3 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Cuomo on.. he is not presenting a pretty picture.. rate is doubling every 2 days in NY,  "rate is not slowing, it's accelerating".  Said the "Apex" was 110K bed, now projection is that they might need as many as 140K beds and flattening the curve is not working...will need 40K ICU beds.

Let's get back to work folks.

I’m assuming that’s sarcasm?

16 minutes ago, borderwx said:

Neurologically, reality is an illusion.

The emerging shift to throw large numbers of our population, including the healthcare workers, under the bus for the good of a persistent illusion is horrifying.  So I wonder, what does it take for to illusion to shift. We haven't even seen the worst yet. This country is far more f'ed if the herd is OK with mass graves so the "immune" can drift back to their illusion.

Nah... this missive still wantonly seeks the deeper more dour possible "reality" to this crisis for muse - 

"mass graves"  - that's too much.  

The theme of recent posting is about accepting nature - nothing else.

Guess what? - death is a part of that nature. 

If we want to talk "illusion" the illusion is that we are disconnected from having to be apart of that natural order, a faux "reality" provided be the post-Industrial Revolution convenience addling of society long before this pandemic struck.  Multi-generations have grown accustomed to having their proverbial butts wiped by the protection it provides - a systemic provision that ultimately is formulated by profligate consumption of resources at the other side.  No system in reality benefits without something else incurring a loss - it's conservation of physics. 

Which is why we are unwittingly modulating the climate and denying we do because said protective realm is enabling ... While also seeing mass extinction on-going.   The illusion is being provided by that apparatus; it is improperly conflated with the perspective of acceptance and management of the pandemic ( just imho ) 

4 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Hydroxycl/zithromax

plasma

doing also antibody test

We should get data pretty quickly on these and could be a game changer in terms of deaths.

Fingers crossed for positive results on this effort. Please share any results you glean- would be uplifting.  

Cuoma ripping the Feds and Trump a new one or two.  He's doing it in an appropriate and clear way.  WTF is Trump doing - does he want to kill people?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Hydroxycl/zithromax

plasma

doing also antibody test

We need some recovered patients to donate their plasma.

2 minutes ago, stemwinder said:

As an 83 year old, I want to quote a remark by Ken Wilbur:  "I'm not afraid of death, but dying sucks"

That's my take on this subject.  Wishing you all wellness.

83 years young. You may be the new eldest. Stay safe and healthy!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, stemwinder said:

As an 83 year old, I want to quote a remark by Ken Wilbur:  "I'm not afraid of death, but dying sucks"

Keep posting!  Those of us 70+ can feel like kids!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I'm curious about something. What have "you" been doing to take your mind off of the virus situation? 

still working, take the dogs out.. do puzzles with kids, help with their HW, exercising.. but hard to get mind off for me as I have elderly folks stuck at home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

Cuoma ripping the Feds and Trump a new one or two.  He's doing it in an appropriate and clear way.  WTF is Trump doing - does he want to kill people?

yeah, why not just have Cuomo run this nationally? Pence blah

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, stemwinder said:

Wishing you wellness too! 

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

still working, take the dogs out.. do puzzles with kids, help with their HW, exercising.. but hard to get mind off for me as I have elderly folks stuck at home.

I wish you and your family all the best!

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

yeah, why not just have Cuomo run this nationally? Pence blah

I think Pence was built in the basement of the WH. He is robotic.

• Haha 1

“You want a pat on the back for sending 400 ventilators?” Great quote. 

4700 new cases in last 24 hours. 23% of hospitalizations are in the ICU. Not good at all.