• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

Coronavirus

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

That's not happening then (waiting that long for Phase 3)

I agree. The governors are just making this up as they go along, and I figured once GA and FL proved to be fine, the others would scramble to claim victory and open as well.

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I agree. The governors are just making this up as they go along, and I figured once GA and FL proved to be fine, the others would scramble to claim victory and open as well.

As opposed to what?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

wow-all that for so few cases?  If that's the case here on the mainland we might never go back to school

It's pretty intense and probably more than is needed given the current situation here but it's pretty close to what the CDC guidelines recommend.

Just wanted to share a glimpse of what in person school may look like next year. The small class size obviously won't be possible in most places.

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Following the science and the data like they claimed to be doing all along?

What is it that you think the states should be doing that they are not? Every state has begun reopening. Some are further along than others as to be expected since the impact of the virus was not uniform across the country. I understand you are frustrated and just want the band-aid ripped off to go back to the way things were three months ago, but that's not possible. The states have dipped their toes in the water, and are monitoring the impact to the health care system and spread of the virus. Hopefully we see that it's more of a slow burn as opposed to a crushing spike, and we'll be able to continue steady progress in reopening. By early July I suspect most things will be open in most places.

There's open and there is this. Wonder if kids will ever get that first dance. This so called new normal, isn't 

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

There's open and there is this. Wonder if kids will ever get that first dance. This so called new normal, isn't 

Nope.  It sucks on so many levels. No live music for the most part.  No sporting events.  No graduations. 

But we aren’t fighting Nazis.  No one is shooting at us.    We will get through it mostly. 

5 hours ago, borderwx said:

So why waste money on any interventions?

If we reduce it down to people die, oh well, then why stop here with novel attempts to manage a novel virus?

Lots of suicide before COVID, oh well.

save a bunch on insurance premiums once we dump cancer treatments 

I am curious as well where the line should be drawn since 100K on top of the flu, suicide, and pre existing conditions deaths  are within the norm

Nah ... ‘move on from the histrionics’ 

... was the intent there. Nothing about that original statement/observation refutes appropriating all those other aspects ...they should’ve been part of normalcy anyway/always, but lacking  that is a separate discussion topic into typical Humanity complacency in times of abundance - Which is the real pandemic since the Industrial Revolution frankly

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Nope.  It sucks on so many levels. No live music for the most part.  No sporting events.  No graduations. 

But we aren’t fighting Nazis.  No one is shooting at us.    We will get through it mostly. 

Pretty happy my time in this rock is winding down.  Lived through probably the freeest times. Feel bad for the young uns and what they will miss. 

• Confused 4
  • Weenie 1

48 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

What is it that you think the states should be doing that they are not? Every state has begun reopening. Some are further along than others as to be expected since the impact of the virus was not uniform across the country. I understand you are frustrated and just want the band-aid ripped off to go back to the way things were three months ago, but that's not possible. The states have dipped their toes in the water, and are monitoring the impact to the health care system and spread of the virus. Hopefully we see that it's more of a slow burn as opposed to a crushing spike, and we'll be able to continue steady progress in reopening. By early July I suspect most things will be open in most places.

No, I am glad they are reopening. I just think some governors are being pretty disingenuous and only opening now due to public pressure, when the science they browbeat and scared everyone with for months pretty firmly says staying locked down for longer is the better option. I figured by this time in the summer the public would be over COVID lockdowns and the governors would shift to claiming they "beat the virus" and start basically ignoring bad data. It all seems kind of silly, to be honest.

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, snowman21 said:

Really? Pretty sure most of them were going to use either four weeks or a month for each phase regardless of the CDC gating guidelines. Even Connecticut which has lagged most states in reopening has always been May 20th, June 20th, then four weeks later (a.k.a. July 20th) to begin phase 3.

2 weeks for every phase

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

No, I am glad they are reopening. I just think some governors are being pretty disingenuous and only opening now due to public pressure, when the science they browbeat and scared everyone with for months pretty firmly says staying locked down for longer is the better option. I figured by this time in the summer the public would be over COVID lockdowns and the governors would shift to claiming they "beat the virus" and start basically ignoring bad data. It all seems kind of silly, to be honest.

What?  Do you read your posts before you hit send? This makes no sense. 

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Pretty happy my time in this rock is winding down.  Lived through probably the freeest times. Feel bad for the young uns and what they will miss. 

Lol