• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

Coronavirus

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Yes you can.  Both statements are true by Dr. Fauci and they are not mutually exclusive.  Why is this so hard to understand?

But he’s not an economist or a small business owner. There are many other facets to this issue than just “the science.” Science and medicine say we lock down hard until there is a widely available vaccine. 

• Like 2

Just now, PhineasC said:

Scientists are human too and are wrong sometimes. So are doctors. They frequently kill patients due to negligence or stupidity. Your posts are kinda weird here. 

But he wasn't wrong here. Listen. Theres no reason to call fauci a ****ing joke or a fraud. Its not appropriate and not reality. We need more science and not less in this country right now. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Meteorologists change their forecasts when conditions change.  Scientists change their recommendations when they get data requiring it.  It shouldn’t be so hard to understand that on a science bb.

I have no issue with Fauci. He has been pretty consistent. I just don’t get the sudden hero worship of “scientists,” especially random PhDs on twitter who suddenly have cult followings. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

But he’s not an economist or a small business owner. There are many other facets to this issue than just “the science.” Science and medicine say we lock down hard until there is a widely available vaccine. 

Do you think that scientists are so myopic that they don't understand downstream effects to long term lockdowns, especially in health? I don't. 

• Like 2

Just now, PhineasC said:

I have no issue with Fauci. He has been pretty consistent. I just don’t get the sudden hero worship of “scientists,” especially random PhDs on twitter who suddenly have cult followings. 

There's some "bad science" going on...its really hard to parse through so much and make sense of it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

Do you think that scientists are so myopic that they don't understand downstream effects to long term lockdowns, especially in health? I don't. 

Fauci definitely gets it but that stuff is outside his area of expertise, yet he is asked to comment on it. It’s kind of unfair to him actually. He should just not answer those questions, IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OSUmetstud said:

Ill continue to call people who shit on scientists like that wingers. Because that's exactly what they are. 

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

He definitely has changed his stance. How is All snows observation anti science ? You are labeling him because he had an opinion.  Then denigrating him. Nice

For the record, my comment was more directed towards his contradictory stance on a variety of topics over the last two months. Perhaps this is because he does some many interviews and is asked millions of questions.(I have had that stance with him for a while) but to say one thing to congress then another to CNBC on opening up was confusing to say the least. 

OSU I’m not sure why you have become so unhinged about my Comment. If you feel the need to protect every scientist that is criticized you should probably get thicker skin after you stop calling me names.

• Like 2

Just now, Allsnow said:

For the record, my comment was more directed towards his contradictory stance on a variety of topics over the last two months. Perhaps this is because he does some many interviews and is asked millions of questions.(I have had that stance with him for a while) but to say one thing to congress then another to CNBC on opening up was confusing to say the least. 

OSU I’m not sure why you have become so unhinged about my Comment. If you feel the need to protect every scientist that is criticized you should probably get thicker skin after you stop calling me names.

Its because I see the county becoming increasingly anti-science. Its a bad trend. Calling him a ****ing joke is not appropriate. All the fauci hate is coming from the right..so yes I did get aggregated about it. 

• Like 5
  • Weenie 2

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

More shootings last night in NYC 

It is getting out of hand. Shootings are way up compared to last year. 

probably due to increased stress and tension as the length of the shutdown has gotten longer.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

probably due to increased stress and tension as the length of the shutdown has gotten longer.

Not to mention people with a lot of anxiety going outdoors in warmer weather..

Calling Fauci a “f**king joke” is over the line of reason...

I agree with Jerry that his two statements aren’t mutually exclusive but also agree with those who say it can come off as confusing. Phin is correct that a lot of questions he gets are probably unfair. I’m sure guys like Fauci are plenty aware of adverse economic impacts but he isn’t an expert on it either. 

Scientists should be criticized though as long as there is some reasonable evidence against their stance. If we didn’t criticize them even when they are touting the “mainstream hypothesis”, then science would never advance. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Ahh guns.  Another good topic to tackle. 

<duck and run>

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, OSUmetstud said:

He's a respected scientist in his field. All snow called him a ****ing joke...

I didn’t type a curse word before “ joke”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Yes you can.  Both statements are true by Dr. Fauci and they are not mutually exclusive.  Why is this so hard to understand?

And the difficulty is in balancing the health (physical and mental) dangers from staying housebound and those from going out and about.

28 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I have a ring camera and the ap alerts you of nearby crime. The amount of shootings, break ins, car thefts, fights, etc has been insane around the New Haven area.

Have you noticed a staggering increase of domestic violence as well? I have a pond across from my house were people walk their dogs, take their kids and hang out. Had to call the cops 3 times in the last week due to some extremely intense spousal conflicts. People are losing their shit...

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

<duck and run>

Could be like Britain, with so much knife violence that they placed hundreds of "amnesty boxes" and collected so many knives that a large sculpture was built with them. 

20 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Not to mention people with a lot of anxiety going outdoors in warmer weather..

Can't ignore NYC policy on bail, releasing prisoners, etc

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

<duck and run>

Don’t mess with my rights man. Somewhere between freedom of speech and a soldier could not be present in my home without my consent is my God given right to strap myself. 

• Weenie 1

38 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Could be like Britain, with so much knife violence that they placed hundreds of "amnesty boxes" and collected so many knives that a large sculpture was built with them. 

Ha, yeah turn in your guns and switchblades.... in return you get a Craftsman wrench set.  Next time you want to kill someone, think about it for a second, as it takes savagery and determination to take someone out with a Craftsman wrench.  

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

As people have stated already masks are great for short encounters.

Might be nice if there was some kind of national surgical mask strategy.  Im not sure about how good the homemade cloth masks are. 

• Like 1

Looking at some EU numbers, Spain, France, Italy and Germany have been looking much better (the spike in the Spain numbers yesterday were uncounted deaths from Catalonia). Need to watch their re-opening closely. Iran did have a second wave of cases when they loosened things (Ignore the fatality curve, it is fairly obvious it is bogus).

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

I have a ring camera and the ap alerts you of nearby crime. The amount of shootings, break ins, car thefts, fights, etc has been insane around the New Haven area.

Have you noticed a staggering increase of domestic violence as well? I have a pond across from my house were people walk their dogs, take their kids and hang out. Had to call the cops 3 times in the last week due to some extremely intense spousal conflicts. People are losing their shit...

All quiet here other than chain saws , lawn mowers, people laughing and singing around fire pits and the occasional fireworks.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

All quiet here other than chain saws , lawn mowers, people laughing and singing around fire pits and the occasional fireworks.  

My former co worker from CT came to his house in FL and was surprised once he got to GA and FL not seeing everyone masked. People are living down here  enjoying life

2 hours ago, dan11295 said:

This and gang violence.

2 hours ago, BrianW said:

Yes domestic violence is way up

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Don’t mess with my rights man. Somewhere between freedom of speech and a soldier could not be present in my home without my consent is my God given right to strap myself. 

Not the same where I work

Alot of gang violence

35 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

My former co worker from CT came to his house in FL and was surprised once he got to GA and FL not seeing everyone masked. People are living down here  enjoying life

Much different impact here in the Northeast.   I’m still so amazed and happy how FL and GA for the most part fared well.    I thought it would be a shitshow in FL