• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

How in the world did Knoxville have BN rainfall for May?  Has to be the location at the airport being closer to the mountains.  Any Knoxville folks think that is inaccurate for their backyards or have you all been getting less?  That gauge is quite a bit different than Chattanooga or TRI.  

Oak Ridge had AN rain in May. Seems TYS just got left out. Otherwise it has been quite wet in East Tenn. 

I think we are finally entering a more typical summer pattern. Next front looks like a stall rather than pass. Nice and humid by then too. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

KCHA dewpoint is 75. Spaceballs scale is Humid, Gross, Ridiculous, and Ludicrous. Today is Ludicrous. 

How many days until Halloween? Takes that long to cool off these days. Weekend does look nice though!

MORE: So thankful for the second Plains trough behind Cristobal; otherwise, we'd be stuck with these dewpoints a while. Instead it'll be pretty reasonable for about a week.

I don't even care we missed out on severe with the front. Thankful the dews are coming down!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Man, I could have worn a jacket this evening.  I didn't, but I could have.  I am digging this weather.  Temps going into the mid50s tonight.  I could almost pretend I was in the northern Rockies - almost.  

Man I absolutely agree! We had a low this weekend of 45 and we have been consistently in the low 50. Tonight we are already down to 49. This much cooler weather for this spring has been just what we need.

• Like 3

So often we see weeks of winter disappear with warm spells.   We call that "losing a weeks of winter or torches."  Well, I feel like the last few weeks have been stealing some great weather from the warmest time of the year.  Of course that won't last anymore than winters rarely stay warm.  The Euro Weeklies are all of the way into August now.  The Seasonals go to December.  Every weeks that we steal from summer gets us one week closer to tracking those first fall cold fronts.  I suspect we will still have some hot weeks and maybe even extended summer due to La Nina.  What would be nice is to see the El Nino pattern have just enough pattern memory to get us through fall, and then let Nov/Dec turn cold which is often typical during La Nina years.  

Anyway, another great morning with temps.  With temps pushing into the low 60s during the next few mornings(50s at 2500'...and 40s way up), can't complain.  This has been a great patterns.  There are some hints that the ridge builds east and holds...I don't know.  Seems like that ridge really wants to be out West.  It can stay there as much as it wants in my book.

• Like 4

Hot and sticky for my walk this evening. A few rain drops and I walked up near face to face with a bear in the road about 1/4th mile from my house. Clapped my hands and it took off back into the woods. Dogs gave a brief chase but lost interest quickly. Wild Raspberries are getting ripe in the area. Guess it's been into them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John1122 said:

Hot and sticky for my walk this evening. A few rain drops and I walked up near face to face with a bear in the road about 1/4th mile from my house. Clapped my hands and it took off back into the woods. Dogs gave a brief chase but lost interest quickly. Wild Raspberries are getting ripe in the area. Guess it's been into them. 

I'd have p'd in my pants if i saw a bear that close

Yes it’s really something else. I’m in Pigeon Forge with the family and you can just barely see any of the mountains. Also it rained here earlier this AM and everyone’s car has dried dust droplets all over it now that it has dried off. Pretty crazy to think that I can scrape dust from the Sahara off of my vehicle!!

• Like 3