• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

TRI has now set/tied two record lows with this cold snap - by my count.  One was TR, and the other was today.  Temps were 32 both days.  Tuesday AM will be yet another chance for frost with the forecast low of 35 which would be a third record low.  I agree with John - the next below freezing temps will be this fall.  Also, very heavy frost here this morning IMBY.    

• Like 1

Hit 33 this AM with a pretty heavy frost everywhere. Like everyone else, I’m hoping this is it until Fall as well. I had waited to put most of my plants out-only had about a dozen tomatoes out, which I had to cover up with buckets as well. The thing I was most worried about was my blueberry crop which seems to have fared ok, thankfully. Got to get the rest of my plants in the ground it’s time for summer!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

Where are you seeing that?

I was just referring to this week, lol. Sorry, probably could have phrased that better. I can't take any more freezes. We had a fire going all day last Saturday, (I think...)

I was watching the radar and satellite today and noticed some storms over the upper plateau that looked terrain based. MRX mentioned a wave helping too:

giphy.gif

They even made a lil outflow boundary into KY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

I was just referring to this week, lol. Sorry, probably could have phrased that better. I can't take any more freezes. We had a fire going all day last Saturday, (I think...)

I was watching the radar and satellite today and noticed some storms over the upper plateau that looked terrain based. MRX mentioned a wave helping too:

giphy.gif

They even made a lil outflow boundary into KY

Good deal.  I understand now.  Looks like a  slp stalls over the SE in a week so that got me concerned.  Looks chilly but no frost!

• Like 1

The high temperature anomalies forecast under clouds are very impressive early next week. I can do without the clouds; but, another delay of SER summer is fine with me.

Oh yeah this is the Obs thread. New York > Oklahoma severe today. I'd love to sit at the intersection of the Hudson River Valley (visibility) and their warm front shear. 

• Like 2

Looks like 20 were stranded.  13 are back safely now.  As of 7:30 AM this morning, they still have seven to get out.  I think the remaining folks are safe, but were waiting until sunrise to find a safe way out.  

Update:  All hikers are out.

https://www.wjhl.com/news/local/12-hikers-stranded-at-devils-bathtub-rescue-teams-on-scene/

NASA and Space-X like the least diurnally favorable time of day for June in Florida. I know other non-weather factors go into the launch window, including the ISS position. Still, it's so 2020.

Eventually they will launch between thundershowers. It'll be so exciting. I remember in 1981 watching Space Shuttle Columbia, after a couple delays. Parents were so excited to get back into Space after a 5 year hiatus since Skylab. Now we experience it after an even longer 9 year hiatus.  

And stupid Putin can stop with his silly trampoline comments. Hey Vlad, who's been to the Moon?

• Like 1