• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Observations

yotaman

Unusual occurrence here just now.  Very windy with a few small snowflakes.  Not grapple because several landed on my black grill cover while I was watching and they had the structure of crystal snowflakes.  The unusual part is my temperature is sitting at 49.1º.  Might be the warmest temp I have ever seen real snow. Obvious to me that the strong gusty wind was primarily a downdraft and drove the flakes from the colder upper air to  the ground before they could melt.  Weather always has the ability to surprise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jburns said:

Unusual occurrence here just now.  Very windy with a few small snowflakes.  Not grapple because several landed on my black grill cover while I was watching and they had the structure of crystal snowflakes.  The unusual part is my temperature is sitting at 49.1º.  Might be the warmest temp I have ever seen real snow. Obvious to me that the strong gusty wind was primarily a downdraft and drove the flakes from the colder upper air to  the ground before they could melt.  Weather always has the ability to surprise.

That's neat. Your last sentence is very true.

On 3/15/2020 at 9:09 AM, NorthHillsWx said:

So much for the 60-80% rain forecast here today last 2 days. Not a drop looks to have jumped over us. Planted all my spring food plots at the farm in anticipation of the rain. Great!

Mother Nature can really be an @$$h0|€ sometimes.  It wouldn’t stop raining in February to the point of being absurd, but as we approach the time when some rain becomes helpful, it dries up.

22 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

Mother Nature can really be an @$$h0|€ sometimes.  It wouldn’t stop raining in February to the point of being absurd, but as we approach the time when some rain becomes helpful, it dries up.

Yep. Missed it again today. Going to have to re-plant I worry. Wasted several hundred $$$ of seed. Looks to be very dry too going forward for Central NC. Amazing the impeccable timing to finally stop raining as soon as it becomes beneficial.