• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Observations

yotaman

Got down to 22.8 °F last night.  I will say that the brief yet repeated cool snaps in February seem to have gone a long way to keeping the more annoying bugs in check, and also slowed the grass a good bit.  They are still way ahead of schedule, but less disgustingly so. 

1 minute ago, Lookout said:

Another inch of rain the past 24 hours.

I knew this winter had been wet but good grief. Athens had its wettest ever dec-feb. Athens got 11 inches in feb alone. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/NWSAtlanta/status/1234491501293555712/photo/1

No suprise, but that’s number one at GSP too!

44 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Hows the vegetation growing down there? Any real noticeable signs of spring like leaf out or blooming plants? lol tired of winter up here in the great lakes and looking forward to warmth and spring

Thanks

Here in central Florida the leaves are shedding again.  The shed twice a year. The oak trees are different from up north.  Evergreen year round. 

Spring time and fall time.

The azaleas are in full bloom for the last couple of weeks. 

Pine tree's doing their thing. Pollen.

Spring has sprung here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tullioz said:

It's graupel. We had a shower pass through Eden about an hour ago producing the same. 

It wrote graupel down earlier, but edited it to hail.  IMBY, it wasn’t as soft as graupel usually is.  It was solid ice here albeit pea-sized.  It was pinging the car roof pretty loudly.

Edit:  Look at the video I took and the sample, I’ll switch back to graupel.  :)  It just wasn’t very soft for graupel.

16 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

It wrote graupel down earlier, but edited it to hail.  IMBY, it wasn’t as soft as graupel usually is.  It was solid ice here albeit pea-sized.  It was pinging the car roof pretty loudly.

I suppose it could be hail then. It was textbook graupel up this way. I also measured a 39 mph wind gust around the same time the shower was passing through.