Total Members
    Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM
Hurricane Agnes

E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2020 OBS Thread

21 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Seems to have moved eastward by about 25 miles over the last 4 hours.  

I decided to mow for an hour, checked the radar and mowed for another 45 minutes, and the rain still looks to be an hour away. Heavy sounding wind in the trees here, apparently we lost power briefly. Interesting!

• Like 1

WHAT...Southeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 50 to 60 mph expected

OK I'm getting SEwinds @ 28 and definitely gusting over 40-50mph. Just had 2 gusts where you can hear the windows whistling. :whistle:

At least it's warm should the power go out. Wow

Rain has been switching between a steady drizzle to moderate rain with each coming gust.  Haven't seen any trees down but a lot of branches on the road.  If this wind came after all the rain it'd probably be a different story. 

What are the odds i can get another power outage after a rental truck took out two poles yesterday a couple football fields away.

• Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

This wind thing is kinda cool....most likely completely dominate rain amounts.

Was just outside and it's weird but it feels like a fall day (like late September) after a heatwave breaks and a strong cold front comes through. :huh:

(Birds~69 weather :lol:)

Still no measurable here yet and temp is down to 65.

• Like 1

Still just a few drops, nothing measurable.  Wind still hasn't peaked more than 38 MPH.  Waiting for this thin, little, meso-model predicted, orange, twizzler to get here.  See what it brings with it.  

kdix_20200430_2147_BR_0.5.png

Our warmest April Temperature so far this month is only 72 degrees....this is the lowest max reading in the month of April in the last 37 years. To put that in context in those 37 years we have see a max temp over 90 degrees 2 times....over 80 degrees 20 times and in the 70's 14 times. Here in Chester County while a below normal month and our 1st such month since  November 2019... it was however only 0.4 degrees below normal

1 minute ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Our warmest April Temperature so far this month is only 72 degrees....this is the lowest max reading in the month of April in the last 37 years. To put that in context in those 37 years we have see a max temp over 90 degrees 2 times....over 80 degrees 20 times and in the 70's 14 times. Here in Chester County while a below normal month and our 1st such month since  November 2019... it was however only 0.4 degrees below normal

Had a high of 73.9 and low of 27.6 here.  Average is 50.0, which I think is 4 degrees below normal.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BBasile said:

Waiting for this thin, little, meso-model predicted, orange, twizzler to get here.  See what it brings with it. 

Well, the twizzler brought absolutely not much at all.  Looks like the GFS will be the closest to verifying, though, probably still overdone.  The ECM and CMC were pathetically overdone.  

2 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Well, the twizzler brought absolutely not much at all.  Looks like the GFS will be the closest to verifying, though, probably still overdone.  The ECM and CMC were pathetically overdone.  

Not busting on Brittney Shipp @ 7:15 but damn...watching live, look at the radar. It's basically a shower...

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Not busting on Brittney Shipp @ 7:15 but damn...watching live, look at the radar. It's basically a shower...

Pretty much.  Have a little over a tenth of an inch on the day.  Don't think that flood watch is necessary.  

28 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Had some nice winds but damn, major bust on the precip...again.

Same here on both accounts, don't mind that we underperformed on rain - total here for the day is 0.77". Took a nap and slept through the twizzler, glad I didn't miss much other than probably the heaviest rates for the day. Back edge is close here.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Same here on both accounts, don't mind that we underperformed on rain - total here for the day is 0.77". Took a nap and slept through the twizzler, glad I didn't miss much other than probably the heaviest rates for the day. Back edge is close here.

Heaviest rates were...well, you still didn't miss much.  I was looking for 5 inches of rain on the month.  Not going to reach 4.  Or 3.75 either.  Or a couple tenths out of the storm.  lol.  Weeaaak.  

• Like 1

The back edge is approaching but so far have less than 1/2 the progged qpf - at 0.45".  I think it rained itself out before it got to the city. I did briefly get ~1"/hr rates about 7:15 pm but that moved through quickly.  Currently 59 with light drizzle/mist, and the winds have fallen off quite a bit.

Tomorrow will conclude the below normal streak at 17. May does not look as bad as 2005 at least in the early part.

Relatives in downingtown without power but pretty much a whole lot of nothing here.  Seems like the twizzler lost its due north orientation. A kink developed and the line shifted in a NW direction, disrupting the continuous flow coming out of the south and it lost some steam.  That's my half baked meteorology for the day, please weenie tag me.  Thanks. 

Also itd be interesting to see the totals Lancaster recieved as it seemed to train over that county for quite a while, but by the time it reached Chesco it had reoriented in a SE to NW manner and began traveling NE, making a train scenario impossible for our area.  

• Weenie 3

Power was out for almost 12 hours, making it the longest outage since the summer of 2016. I was all set to break out the genny this morning since we have a fridge and freezer full of apocalypse food.

• Weenie 1