• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2020 OBS Thread

Some of the recent looks we've been getting from the seasonal models are interesting. I don't claim to have any skill at long range forecasting. (Heck, I don't even know if I'll have a t-boomer in the next 24 hrs). But I did see a graphic the other day showing how dry it's been in the west and how wet in the east. Got me wondering if it was giving us a glimpse at the mean ridge/trough positions going forward.

PS. Can't imagine anything more humid than these last few summers.

Temp continued to fall but a surprisingly beautiful day on the beach with a lot more folks on the beach than a normal week leading into Memorial Day here in Sea Isle City NJ....I took a walk along the chilly water and noted only 1 person among the many many hundreds of folks wearing a mask....tough to tell if social distancing is working as families don't need to do so...so no judgements on my part....overall I spent 3 hours on the beach and despite temps in the low 60's ....with a warm July like sun in the sky it was incredibly comfortable and folks were very happy to be out and enjoying the late spring day on the beach! Looks like most of this week will be quite unfriendly for beach goers with a below normal surf temp and an onshore flow well underway....in fact we are now down to just above 60 degrees here at 6pm

2020-05-16 16.00.31.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Reilly said:

https://www.wunderground.com/radar/us/pa/media/dix

sea breeze showing up fairly well on the radar heading west northwest currently 74 here in Media calm winds. A really nice night here under mostly cloudy skies. 

I was watching that too and it was pretty cool that it came all the way into PA!

radar8-05162020.png

radar11-05162020.png