• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2020 OBS Thread

4 hours ago, Voyager said:

I can understand a love of snow for it's peaceful, serene beauty as well as how it changes a landscape, (and better yet, the pure awesomeness of a wind whipped blizzard for it's sheer power and awe) but I truly can't understand a love for 45 degree, rainy, wet, windy, miserable days.

Don't take me serious I have lost my corona coconut

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Pretty much how it's been, and don't mind me. I've lost my corona coconut as well. No work, no prospects, and stuck in the house is a real downer...

Hope the best for you man.:)

Well, even for those who hate this weather it helps in two ways. Limits bugs and certainly pollen. I hate bugs/gnats and have bad allergies so this weather pattern benefits myself and I'm sure others. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Well, it's 39F at 3:40am....already below my predicted low and a couple more hours to drop. Predicted low tonight is 36F so Voyager you may nail freezing as we approach May..lol, go figure?. Just took a walk and the wind is dead...actually all surroundings are dead. 

I don't know. My low this morning so far has been 41. Wednesday/Thursday look to be washouts though with 1.5 to 3 inches at my house (depending on model) at my house...

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Ended up getting 0.33" yesterday (expect more) and a blip of 0.01" early this morning, with a low of 43. The past hour, there have been a number of breaks in the clouds revealing the some blue sky and sun.  Temp up to 53 now, mostly cloudy and breezy, with some sun popping in and out.

Definitely a bust in the amount of rain....thankfully it wasn't snow.

Up to 54F

3 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Details? I don't recall the weather in May beyond the last year or two...

Hmmm something like Philly set a record with measurable rain for 12 days then broke that record the same month lol, in any case it was cool cloudy and awful. 

With today's 53.0/39.5 split this marks our 14th straight day with below normal temperatures here in NW Chester County PA....to put this in perspective the last time this happened was the 14 below normal days recorded between March 5th-18th in 2018. Couple of great shots attached of the sunset on the SJ Beaches of Sea Isle City and here across the soaring peaks along the Welsh Mountain Anticline in NW Chester County PA

SICHi.20200427_193515157.jpg

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

39F/clear skies/light winds @ 1:20am....may drop to 35 - 36F? 

Didn't drop much at all, 38F @ 4:45am.

Probably a good day to get stuff done outside, then sit outside, grab a beverage/grill at maybe catch a glimpse of the Blue Angels/ Thunderbirds at 2pm. Flying over Philly and parts of Mont/Bucks counties...

as.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Iceman said:

Euro showing a deluge for Thursday afternoon/evening. Maybe flood potential?

qpf_acc.us_ne.png

This morning's 0z bumped things up a notch in central PA, but cut back NJ a bit. The 2.3" over Hazleton is now 3.0". It's all noise at this point though. The 0z had a convective banding look to it, so some will get more than others. Who that will be probably will change between now and game time.

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

GFS has highs in the 40's on May 6 and 10th. The 6th is a cold rain and the 10th is under sunny skies. We are at the rubicon of ridiculousness. 

11 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Glenn mentioned the 6th last night...pretty much rain/40s-50's....5/10 was out of his "10 day".

The 6th was a bonafide Poconos paste job on last night's European model. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1