• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2020 OBS Thread

55 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Heard a couple of rumbles of thunder from that line to the west that is severe warned, but it appears to be breaking up a bit, at least north of the Mason Dixon line. 1.92" of rain so far today, and not much wind at all right now. 64F currently.

Same here. Other than that no much to talk about...

64F/breezy

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Sun just came out here, 66F. Got another 0.16 of rain for a total of 2.08".

The warm front has been hung up much of the day but might be finally moving again and might be north of where you are now.  The delay has kept it "cooler" and more stable ahead of the cold front.

Looks like I'm going to finish with 2.15" of rain. Some rumbles of thunder this afternoon, but nothing severe. No complaints either. My sump pumps are cranking now and I'd hate to lose power. Sun coming out, looks like a beautiful end to the day, 67F.

16 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

There was a mesonet down in Glen Burnie, MD that recorded a 72 mph gust and I heard on KYW that some place in Ocean County (ASOS) reported an 82 mph gust (didn't catch where).

Annotation 2020-04-13 170805.jpg

Pretty sure it was Beach Haven.

Edit: Actually not but 74mph.

Wind gusts of 82 mph in the Lanoka Harbor section of Lacey Township, 74 mph in Beach Haven and 73 mph in Cape May were recorded by the National Weather Service.

https://nj1015.com/wildwood-boardwalk-damaged-by-powerful-wind-thousands-lose-power/