• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2020 OBS Thread

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Yeah, I see that but doesn't look too impressive. Winds are kicking in now though...

Sun came out briefly here but it has clouded up again and I see a foreboding line to the west.   It'll probably be even more meh than what I got from the 1st line but it'll probably be a bookend to this part of the event.  Temp is down to 55 now (11 degree drop)!

Rain was pretty underwhelming and aside from the gust I caught on video there wasnt much more to that storm.  Spent the past hour or so cutting that up and taking it down to the burn pile.  It was actually a 16-18" diameter limb that came down across the entire road.  Those pines tend to always come down during strong storms early in the season, or with ice.  Not the first time that has happened.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Probably from Birds~69 shaving his head earlier...

Nah...I'm still a hippy. No haircut yet...probably the longest since high school in the 80s. I may have a couple beers, jam w/some Iron Maiden or Judas Priest and bang my head! :guitar: 

Only some branches down here but roads seem to be impacted...road obstruction.

ro.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/8/2020 at 5:53 PM, Albedoman said:

repetitive GFS model  runs in the last few days  indicate wet snow possible next weekend  18-19th time frame. I know there is a cold bias with the GFS but with a deep cold pool LP sitting near us, I cannot discount a "tulip snowfall event" from happening.  It would be real ironic that the heaviest snowfall in three months occurs after Easter. Expect the unexpected.

a significan t snowfall event still shows up at 3-6 in wet snow for the LV in a (19th-22) at the 12z GFS model run. Still keeping my eye on it as the snow potential is still there. Call me a weenie but the chances are really there and the continuous blocking pattern that are in and waited all winter for will not leave.  The Easter Monday severe storm potential - tons of straight line wind damage setup clearly depicts this storm setup for the next potential wild storm event  for late next weekend and maybe even snow. 

• Weenie 2