• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2020 OBS Thread

Just now, Birds~69 said:

I think I may go to NJ for booze...right over the bridge in New Hope hop into Jersey.

Are barbers open in NJ? Or is that locked down? I could kill two birds w/one stone. Booze and a haircut...

I did see pictures of cops in Delaware waiting at liquor stores to snatch up people from PA.  Not sure if Jersey cops are doing the same.  No barbers here.  Only grocery and liquor stores. lol

10 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Check out Boardroom Spirits in Lansdale. They're open because they also make hand sanitizer, and they deliver. Shhh....don't tell anyone.

I've been watching You Tube videos on how to cut your own hair. Working up the courage to give it a shot.

Will check that out. If not, I wouldn't mind taking a cruise to NJ to get outta the house.

Tried that once and it looked like complete shit. Everything is back ass if you are looking into a mirror...I couldn't adjust. On a positive note, being 50, I can still grow a full/thick set of hair while my friends are severely lacking.

3 minutes ago, BBasile said:

I did see pictures of cops in Delaware waiting at liquor stores to snatch up people from PA.  Not sure if Jersey cops are doing the same.  No barbers here.  Only grocery and liquor stores. lol

The majority of people probably went to Del rather NJ because no tax on booze. (I don't think so)  I care less about paying tax right now. And it's kinda funny liquor stores are "essential".....indirectly they probably are.:drunk:  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

The majority of people probably went to Del rather NJ because no tax on booze. (I don't think so)  I care less about paying tax right now. And it's kinda funny liquor stores are "essential".....indirectly they probably are.:drunk:  

lol.  Essential for alcoholics since withdrawal can be deadly.  

12 minutes ago, BBasile said:

lol.  Essential for alcoholics since withdrawal can be deadly.  

They mentioned that on the news and it's true for the hard core alkies who only drink whisky, vodka etc.

PA opened an online liquor store but it's been getting crushed:  https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SpecialAccessLandingPageView?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10051

booze.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

They mentioned that on the news and it's true for the hard core alkies who only drink whisky, vodka etc.

PA open an online liquor store but it's been getting crushed:  https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SpecialAccessLandingPageView?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10051

booze.jpg

Yeah.  What'd they think was gonna happen...

40 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Will check that out. If not, I wouldn't mind taking a cruise to NJ to get outta the house.

Tried that once and it looked like complete shit. Everything is back ass if you are looking into a mirror...I couldn't adjust. On a positive note, being 50, I can still grow a full/thick set of hair while my friends are severely lacking.

Yeah, for the first time in my life I'm a bit envious of those guys who shave their heads and can pull it off, like Micheal Jordan.

Anyway, when this is all over, I'm sure a lot of things will change/be different. Hopefully the PA LCB is one of them.

9 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Yeah, for the first time in my life I'm a bit envious of those guys who shave their heads and can pull it off, like Micheal Jordan.

Anyway, when this is all over, I'm sure a lot of things will change/be different. Hopefully the PA LCB is one of them.

My one friend can pull it off w/ease along w/a goatee. (Walter White) Besides one, my other friends are on hair life support.

Remember "Flowbee" from the 80s/90s? (info commercial)...I would/may give this a shot? Out of stock on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/FLOWBEE-Haircutting-machine-Flowbee-System/dp/B000PPBSTC

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

I did mine the other day, got some clippers online...took about 20 minutes, slightly ragged in the back according to my wife, but it looks fine from the front, lol. Always wanted to do that. It's about 1/2 to 3/4" long now, good for a couple of months!

A beautiful couple of days on tap today and tomorrow get out and enjoy it! Looking forward to getting the kids out of the house! Today is the 1st day this month that has a high temp above the normal for the day. Record high for today is 77.7 back in 2010 with the record low at 21.0 from 1995. Also 3" of snow fell on this date in 1898 here in Chester County PA

SICHi.20200405_115001167.jpg

Backyard.20200405_114906564.jpg

• Like 1

Some vivid lightning and rolling thunder during the 230am hour overnight with 0.47" of rain MTD now at 0.49" (0.45") below normal with YTD rainfall now at 12.59" or 0.57" above normal. More rain on the way with our active pattern over the next week or so - Good news for our Township farmers who are busy in the fields!

I had signed up for "CodeRED" for PA's ready.gov notifications and OMG at 2:30 am, all hell broke loose in the house with everything (weather radio, texts, actual phone calls on my cells) - and then about 10 minutes later, the storms came.  It's been a long time but it was almost continuous lightning (with some thunder), with almost 1"/hr rain rates at ~3 am.  I ended up finally coming downstairs and looking at my radar programs and capturing snapshots.  Didn't even bother going back to bed.  Ended up with 0.58" of rain after that.  It was pretty much gone by 6 am.

I was surprised that the high for the day was actually warmer here yesterday (68) than Monday (64).  Currently partly cloudy, 59 and juicy out, with dews in the upper 50s.

radar2-04082020.png

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I had signed up for "CodeRED" for PA's ready.gov notifications and OMG at 2:30 am, all hell broke loose in the house with everything (weather radio, texts, actual phone calls on my cells) - and then about 10 minutes later, the storms came.  It's been a long time but it was almost continuous lightning (with some thunder), with almost 1"/hr rain rates at ~3 am.  I ended up finally coming downstairs and looking at my radar programs and capturing snapshots.  Didn't even bother going back to bed.  Ended up with 0.58" of rain after that.  It was pretty much gone by 6 am.

I was surprised that the high for the day was actually warmer here yesterday (68) than Monday (64).  Currently partly cloudy, 59 and juicy out, with dews in the upper 50s.

radar2-04082020.png

What radar programs do you use and which one do you think is the best?

I had continuous rolling thunder for quite a while overnight w/some rain...not sure how much? Blue skies and bright sun now and expect to hit 70+.

58F  

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

I had continuous rolling thunder for quite a while overnight w/some rain...not sure how much? Blue skies and bright sun now and expect to hit 70+.

58F  

That image is from GRLevel3 v2 (I also have GR2Analyst on a different (convertible) laptop, and that is pricey but cool because of the volume view to look at cells... and I do like that the best but it is probably not practical for just occasional use).  When I was still upstairs early this morning, I popped open what many here use for mobile - RadarScope - that I have on my phone and that was sufficient, with good resolution, although I expect that the "Pro" version might be better (in terms of archived data) and could get me closer to the Gibson products.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

That image is from GRLevel3 v2 (I also have GR2Analyst on a different (convertible) laptop, and that is pricey but cool because of the volume view to look at cells... and I do like that the best but it is probably not practical for just occasional use).  When I was still upstairs early this morning, I popped open what many here use for mobile - RadarScope - that I have on my phone and that was sufficient, with good resolution, although I expect that the "Pro" version might be better (in terms of archived data) and could get me closer to the Gibson products.

Thanks for the info. I use RadarScope for my phone as well. I heard of GRLevel3 but never checked it out...it may be time now.

Hopefully we get some storms tomorrow then a "Fall Like" Fri and Sat with winds.

Already up to 63F so hitting 70+ should be a lock...

7 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Thanks for the info. I use RadarScope for my phone as well. I heard of GRLevel3 but never checked it out...it may be time now.

Hopefully we get some storms tomorrow then a "Fall Like" Fri and Sat with winds.

Already up to 63F so hitting 70+ should be a lock...

They let you trial it for 3 weeks and then you'd have to decide to go on and buy or not - http://www.grlevelx.com/grlevel3_2/

Although I haven't had chance to play around  with customizing it, it does let you put up multiple panels of different radar parameters.

Will be interesting to see if an advisory is lofted for Thursday and/or Friday (most likely).  I know they were talking about possible frost for some areas...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

58F  

Gibson Ridge is the best.  Either GRL3 or GRL2.  With GRL3, you'll get more products, like radar estimated rainfall.  But with GRL2, you'll get level 2 data, a better UI since you can change products without going into menus, and you get volumetric mode (shown below) and cross-section mode.  GRL3 is 80 dollars and GRL2 is 250 dollars.  

First image is GRL3 and second is GRL2 with volumetric mode.  Didn't have any good storms to sample right now.  

GRL2.png

GRL3.png

• Like 1