Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2020

George BM

Just now, supernovasky said:

I doubt much changes immediately, but as time goes on and as cases go up, yeah... checkpoints seem like a real possibility.

I've watched every one of Hogan's pressers and his frustrations by people going out and socializing has grown since week 1. i'm not surprised he went with an official stay at home order. it comes with hefty penalties, so i hope people take it seriously.

• Like 3

Just now, mappy said:

I've watched every one of Hogan's pressers and his frustrations by people going out and socializing has grown since week 1. i'm not surprised he went with an official stay at home order. it comes with hefty penalties, so i hope people take it seriously.

Same. I've stayed inside my house with my son every single day except for visitation pickups and dropoffs.

27 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

This was in the Baltimore Sun

The order takes effect at 8 p.m. The governor said the ban includes restrictions on traveling outside of the state and riding public transportation.

Here is the order.  Maybe I’m missing it but  I don’t see any separate restrictions on crossing state lines.  

https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Gatherings-FOURTH-AMENDED-3.30.20.pdf

4 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Here is the order.  Maybe I’m missing it but  I don’t see any separate restrictions on crossing state lines.  

https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Gatherings-FOURTH-AMENDED-3.30.20.pdf

we already cleared that up. he mentioned during his presser that he strongly encouraged people not to go to other states. 

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

we already cleared that up. he mentioned during his presser that he strongly encouraged people not to go to other states. 

Ok.  Makes sense.  Virginia just put out a similar order.  There are so many exceptions though.  For example, we can still go fishing.  

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Yeah.  I don't think there's necessarily a *huge* difference from what the orders were before, other than now this gives authority to enforce it if people are blatantly violating.  I'd be frustrated if I were him, too.  You can still go out for necessities, exercise, that sort of thing.  That's mostly all I've done myself the past couple or so weeks.  I think they also still have some carry-out at various restaurants...order ahead and pick it up.  I've done that a couple of times, too, just to at least still patronize some places to help keep them afloat.

Like I said before...yes, this sucks and nobody likes it.  But it's what needs to be done if we're to have some chance of curtailing things somewhat.

29 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Ok now hear me out. 

1. Trillions of tons of dry ice fired into the 850-925mb column.

2. Establish a trade deal with Canada to import snow to cool off surface temps. 

Let it snow. :snowing:

You could also release the @Jebman (Kraken??), waving his vaunted shovel around, he'll be sure to keep things plenty cold!! :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Yeah.  I don't think there's necessarily a *huge* difference from what the orders were before, other than now this gives authority to enforce it if people are blatantly violating.  I'd be frustrated if I were him, too.  You can still go out for necessities, exercise, that sort of thing.  That's mostly all I've done myself the past couple or so weeks.  I think they also still have some carry-out at various restaurants...order ahead and pick it up.  I've done that a couple of times, too, just to at least still patronize some places to help keep them afloat.

Like I said before...yes, this sucks and nobody likes it.  But it's what needs to be done if we're to have some chance of curtailing things somewhat.

I was about to say the same thing.  It's confusing with too many exceptions to be enforceable.   

I guess when a gathering gets too big the police can disperse it. But they really can't enforce it on individuals taking a ride or a walk.

56 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

This should finally shut down all daycares across the state. Some were STILL open.

My young nephew has been working at a daycare. His dad told him today that he’s not to go in anymore.

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Ok now hear me out. 

1. Trillions of tons of dry ice fired into the 850-925mb column.

2. Establish a trade deal with Canada to import snow to cool off surface temps. 

Let it snow. :snowing:

How can I run for office and top that?  

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I hope you are being facetious, but I have a strong feeling you aren't. If the latter is true, please seek help.

I am not being facetious at all.. people need to get sick to fight this virus.. it is the only way.  The virus will stop spreading when people build up the necessary immunities.  And this happens in schools.  Shutting down schools was probably the worst thing we could have done.   

This is informational warfare at its finest.. checkout china for instance.. they instituted social distancing at the end of January and then about 6 weeks later they reported no new cases. 

How can anyone with half a brain believe that this is true?  Thats not how this works!!!  

If we are only trying to "flatten" the curve.. how is it that china how some how miraculously made the curve go away?  they didnt.  They either ran out of test or (more likely) stop testing or (most likely) stopped reporting new cases and deaths.

They want you to believe that social distancing is the answer so that while world shuts down, they ramp up production of the vital products the rest of the world needs... they artificially are driving the stock market and world supply and demand. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, PDIII said:

I am not being facetious at all.. people need to get sick to fight this virus.. it is the only way.  The virus will stop spreading when people build up the necessary immunities.  And this happens in schools.  Shutting down schools was probably the worst thing we could have done.   

This is informational warfare at its finest.. checkout china for instance.. they instituted social distancing at the end of January and then about 6 weeks later they reported no new cases. 

How can anyone with half a brain believe that this is true?  Thats not how this works!!!  

If we are only trying to "flatten" the curve.. how is it that china how some how miraculously made the curve go away?  they didnt.  They either ran out of test or (more likely) stop testing or (most likely) stopped reporting new cases and deaths.

They want you to believe that social distancing is the answer so the work world shuts down while they ramp up production of the vital products the rest of the world needs.   

1. China fought the virus by enforcing social distancing to an extreme you don't want... they welded morons who were going to leave their houses into them and covered the highways with mounds of dirt to stop people from leaving their cities. The death toll and number of cases there is likely underdone (though I'm not sure I believe its as dramatically underdone as others, hell, our case numbers and fatality numbers are way underdone), but they stopped it through social distancing. They aren't out of the woods yet though, other countries could bring it back to them.
  2. China instituted strong social distancing and, you are right! Massive drop off! That is proof it works. Jesus.
  3. I'm sure China is laughing at the U.S. response, I know I am.
  4. Yes, everyone catching the virus and getting immune would solve the problem quickly. But also millions of people would die. So weigh that how you will.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I hope you are being facetious, but I have a strong feeling you aren't. If the latter is true, please seek help.

Look China made some bleep up and every medical institution and government in the world is either in cahoots to this conspiracy or run by mouth breathing knuckle dragging morons who can’t see the obvious truth that he does!  

I’m done with him.  He doesn’t get it because he doesn’t want to get it and no facts are going to matter because anything that doesn’t conform to his narrative is simply “fake”. But he “knows”!

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:
  1. China fought the virus by enforcing social distancing to an extreme you don't want... they welded morons who were going to leave their houses into them and covered the highways with mounds of dirt to stop people from leaving their cities. The death toll and number of cases there is likely underdone (though I'm not sure I believe its as dramatically underdone as others, hell, our case numbers and fatality numbers are way underdone), but they stopped it through social distancing. They aren't out of the woods yet though, other countries could bring it back to them.
  2. China instituted strong social distancing and, you are right! Massive drop off! That is proof it works. Jesus.
  3. I'm sure China is laughing at the U.S. response, I know I am.
  4. Yes, everyone catching the virus and getting immune would solve the problem quickly. But also millions of people would die. So weigh that how you will.

There is two very problematic approaches when it comes to the numbers that we see.. #1 is that we do not have consistency in methodology.  Anitbody testing is non existent in the US.. and this is what we really need in order to determine who has been exposed to the virus so that we know the actual mortality rates.  #2 is that we need to be able to determine if Corona Virus is the cause of death vs Corona virus is present at the time of death.  

• H2O unpinned this topic