Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Banter 2020

George BM

1 minute ago, Vice-Regent said:

Rght? I feel you brother but we burn together for capitalism and the profit motive.

I am just trying to make the point that there people were getting sick way way way before this became a media sensation and social media shaming platform.  And given when we know about how fast this thing spreads... I have no doubt that people were dying in America before anyone even knew this was going on.. 

The season variation in flu deaths (in the united states alone) can be any where from 3,000 a week to 10,000 a week... in china I am sure you can quadruple those numbers.  

So if a couple hundred people are dying everyday in city Wuhan from Corona Virus.. no one would even bat an eye brow...   

19 minutes ago, PDIII said:

I am just trying to make the point that there people were getting sick way way way before this became a media sensation and social media shaming platform.  And given when we know about how fast this thing spreads... I have no doubt that people were dying in America before anyone even knew this was going on.. 

The season variation in flu deaths (in the united states alone) can be any where from 3,000 a week to 10,000 a week... in china I am sure you can quadruple those numbers.  

So if a couple hundred people are dying everyday in city Wuhan from Corona Virus.. no one would even bat an eye brow...   

You must have a very low opinion of the medical profession. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

You must have a very low opinion of the medical profession. 

Well.. I had thought that Dr. Birx was going to bring some sanity to the situation based on some of her previous pressers.. but looking at her most recent comments.. she is drinking the cool aid too.. 

2 hours ago, H2O said:

this banter thread.............smh

China has pulled off the first successful worldwide assault of informational warfare in the history of mankind.  this will be studied in international relation courses for centuries to come.  The rules of the game just changed...

47 minutes ago, PDIII said:

Well.. I had thought that Dr. Birx was going to bring some sanity to the situation based on some of her previous pressers.. but looking at her most recent comments.. she is drinking the cool aid too.. 

So what we have is a situation with two scenarios ...

1.  Every medical and infectious disease expert on the planet is wrong 

2. You are wrong 

Just so I can properly weigh the probabilities for both scenarios what is your formal training and qualifications in the infectious disease field?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

Stay-at-home order goes in effect at 8 pm tonight in Maryland. Figured that was coming after seeing PA and DE, but wow, this is surreal. 

https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-md-stay-at-home-hogan-covid-19-20200330-pmid22rvirdwbppx4xpgjadoim-story.html

good news is that I dont own a car so I get to walk to the grocery store any time I want!

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I thought this was the case much earlier. 

Not much has changed but the enforcement is much harsher. Before all non-essential businesses were closed and people were strongly dissuaded from leaving their houses. Now, beginning at 8 pm, people are not permitted to leave their homes by law and can be fined up to $5000 or sent to prison for a year.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, PDIII said:

good news is that I dont own a car so I get to walk to the grocery store any time I want!

26 minutes ago, PDIII said:

Also I am in dire need of toilet paper so I will be driving around to look for toilet paper this tomorrow.

you mean walking around? since you don't have a car?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

Not much has changed but the enforcement is much harsher. Before all non-essential businesses were closed and people were strongly dissuaded from leaving their houses. Now, beginning at 8 pm, people are not permitted to leave their homes by law and can be fined up to $5000 or sent to prison for a year.

We can go out for exercise and walk our dogs.. we can go out for food!  I really dont see what has changed? 

• Like 1

Just now, mappy said:

you mean walking around? since you don't have a car?

haha!!  the no car thing was just my response for the police if I get stopped walking to the grocery store.. but I just checked.. you can leave your house for exercise.. so no need for that one ;)

14 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

That's all we were able to do before, it's the enforcement that has changed. 

Yup. Hogan warned everyone for weeks, stay home. people didn't. now they will be fined if they aren't going somewhere essential. i'm okay with it. dont be stupid people, just stay home.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, mappy said:

Yup. Hogan warned everyone for weeks, stay home. people didn't. now they will be fined if they aren't going somewhere essential. i'm okay with it. dont be stupid people, just stay home.

I imagine we'll see other states follow suit. From what I've seen, the majority of people have followed orders but there are still idiots who have proceeded business-as-usual and that jeopardizes everyone else's safety. So now it's stay-at-home or pay the consequences. 

1 hour ago, PDIII said:

We can go out for exercise and walk our dogs.. we can go out for food!  I really dont see what has changed? 

When people are caught doing something stupid they can be more easily prosecuted if the police decide they need to make an example of someone. That’s one difference I can think of off the top of my head. 

40 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

I imagine we'll see other states follow suit. From what I've seen, the majority of people have followed orders but there are still idiots who have proceeded business-as-usual and that jeopardizes everyone else's safety. So now it's stay-at-home or pay the consequences. 

Va will follow today. PA already issued orders for select counties last week

Just now, Mrs.J said:

So I see the not traveling across state lines. My daughters pony is boarded in VA so I am assuming that we will not be able to drive over and see her? My friend who's farm she lives at does her care but we do also. 

That may fall under essential. It would if I was governor, after all, horses are people too. Better than a lot of people I know too.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mappy said:

she may have misspoke. Hogan has encouraged people not to go to other states. 

I just read the actual order and it says nothing about crossing state lines specifically.  It also says that caring for pets and livestock is an essential activity.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

I just read the actual order and it says nothing about crossing state lines specifically.  It also says that caring for pets and livestock is an essential activity.  

he had mentioned it during his presser on TV

Oh thank god. My child has visitation with his other parent in Virginia and is currently there. This parent has a history of withholding my son, I had to get a court order to get him back several months ago.

The Virginia order specifically says that child custody and visitation isn't affected.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mrs.J said:

This was in the Baltimore Sun

The order takes effect at 8 p.m. The governor said the ban includes restrictions on traveling outside of the state and riding public transportation.

i dont think they will make you turn around at the VA border to go home. but they may stop you asking what your business is. just be prepared

• H2O unpinned this topic