Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March Banter 2020

George BM

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Same with HoCo, PSU. 

Meanwhile, I went from the Greater Pumpkin to a Schnee Boot to a Peg Leg. I remember stopping into Heavy Seas in the late fall when I was hopeful for a good winter, but since it never materialized, it’s time to get rid of them.

At least the snow game Winter Classic is on. @yoda  Go Buffalo!

The 2008 one?  That was the first one and a good game.  Won't spoil the ending ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Since your still awake, make sure you tune into NBCSN @ 12:30

There’s a game you’ll love coming on. :hurrbear:

:lmao:

That's okay... I'll skip it lol... I mean, you had to get lucky sometime.  Beating you in the 2nd round over and over did get a little bit boring after a while 

12 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Long version: The climate is shifting but you’re using the wrong indicators. What happened this year wasn’t out of the normal. Actually a year like this was due. Since 1950 there have been 6 years with less snow here than this year and 7 with less than 15”. Right now I’m somewhere around 12”. That’s an avg of one sub 15” year every 7.5 years. But it’s been since 2002 since we had one. That’s 17 years. We were very due. Plus many of those awful years were pattern matches to this year. This result happened every 10 years or so even in the old climate when this type of pattern happened.  When we start to see anomalously low snowfall results in what used to be snowier patterns that would be a better sign of climate change than what you are referencing. 

Short version:  you are an idiot 

How is the loss of global dimming working out for you?

You have been living in a false dichotomy believing the climate is not as sensitive as it would be. Who knows what garbage has been floating around in the atmosphere. Nobody knows to a certainty other than it is to our detriment.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

No chance of playoffs later this year?

38 minutes ago, yoda said:

I don't see that?

It scrolled across the screen of the Winter Classic game that I was watching, but like you both, I don’t see it anywhere else. I could have misread it, so sorry if I jumped the gun. 

Either way, hopefully they can get the playoffs in.

5 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It scrolled across the screen of the Winter Classic game that I was watching, but like you both, I don’t see it anywhere else. I could have misread it, so sorry if I jumped the gun. 

Either way, hopefully they can get the playoffs in.

Just flipped on the NHL Network; the season is "paused until further notice".  The scouting combine, the NHL Awards ceremony, and the draft, which were expected to take place from June 1-6, have been postponed.

In addition, if they did come back this season they would have a short period of "training camp" before games resumed in earnest.

As an aside, hockey equipment maker Bauer is is now in the medical face shield business, and has made publicly available for other companies' use a diagram of their design.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fourseasons said:

Just flipped on the NHL Network; the season is "paused until further notice".  The scouting combine, the NHL Awards ceremony, and the draft, which were expected to take place from June 1-6, have been postponed.

In addition, if they did come back this season they would have a short period of "training camp" before games resumed in earnest.

As an aside, hockey equipment maker Bauer is is now in the medical face shield business, and has made publicly available for other companies' use a diagram of their design.

The fact the they allow fighting in NHL but not in NFL is implicit bias.

11 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

How is the loss of global dimming working out for you?

You have been living in a false dichotomy believing the climate is not as sensitive as it would be. Who knows what garbage has been floating around in the atmosphere. Nobody knows to a certainty other than it is to our detriment.

I noticed you didn’t even attempt to defend any of the nonsense garbage from your last line of attack and transitioned to something completely different. 

2 hours ago, PDIII said:

The thing about Pandemics is that once you know it is happening.. it is basically too late to do anything.  People are contagious before they are sick.. 

Except we had 2 months to get ready that were entirely squandered.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, fourseasons said:

Yeah, I’m watching the winter classic again and I see where I jumped the gun. I saw the stationary NHL and the scroll “cancels blah blah blah.” That was for some of the lower leagues.

This is how fake news starts! :drunk:

38 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Good stuff here. Eye opening. You can also see the projections by state.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

I saw that.  Very interesting.  What I want to know is if it assumes all the social distancing/mitigation methods continue into August with all those curves trending to zero in July/August.  

35 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I saw that.  Very interesting.  What I want to know is if it assumes all the social distancing/mitigation methods continue into August with all those curves trending to zero in July/August.  

Good question, and I clicked on the methods link, and found this:

The estimated excess demand on hospital systems is predicated on the enactment of social distancing measures in all states that have not done so already within the next week and maintenance of these measures throughout the epidemic, emphasizing the importance of implementing, enforcing, and maintaining these measures to mitigate hospital system overload and prevent deaths.

• H2O unpinned this topic