Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Banter 2020

George BM

42 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

This RAR 10 Layers dessert stout brewed with peanut butter cups is delish!

Love RAR. Drinking a Nanticoke Nectar IPA with my dinner- which is quintessential for a single dude living in a log cabin in the woods during a pandemic. Pop open a can of tuna, mix with some mayo and onions, slap it on a slice of bread, and broil with Swiss cheese on top. Steam some fresh broccoli and season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Fukking gourmet.

Now, back to the important stuff. Drinking..

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Ex-Broncos DE Derek Wolfe, Ravens agree to 1-year deal

Great move by the Ravens, after the Brockers deal fell through. Might even be better in the end, as he is a better pass rusher with a high motor, which was a big need for the Ravens.

DeCosta continues to get it done, pre draft. D-line is solidified now, and should be significantly better than last season.

eta- its a one year deal for a max of 6 million with incentives. A bargain compared to the Brockers deal, which I felt was above market value. I like this a lot, as they have plenty of cap space left to make another FA signing, or save it for the draft.

• Like 2

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Ex-Broncos DE Derek Wolfe, Ravens agree to 1-year deal

Great move by the Ravens, after the Brockers deal fell through. Might even be better in the end, as he is a better pass rusher with a high motor, which was a big need for the Ravens.

DeCosta continues to get it done, pre draft. D-line is solidified now, and should be significantly better than last season.

Agreed. Ravens should be favored in AFC to win it all 

• Weenie 1

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah I saw something like 60 cases?

It’s everywhere, we are a bit too late to stop it. Remember that tests today are from infections 2 weeks ago. This disease has a doubling time of 3 days. So 130k cases right now that have been tested, with 4 doublings, is 2.2mil likely current infections, the majority of which are pre symptomatic.

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Unfortunately I agree with your assessment. 

I still know people that can’t get a test. My mom and dad are still being forced to work right now in Louisiana. It’s all garbage lol. We just don’t have the collective will to quarantine and so... yeah. The virus sees us and “welcome to paradise” is playing in the background.

46 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Damn. I dug through the garage refrigerator and not only did I find a 2018 KBS (which I won’t touch unless it snows), but even better, I found this!

image.jpeg.8a9cec9b5e3c8932aa8c4a49f3c3f32b.jpeg

And it’s opened now.

And then seconds later, magically, a hand appeared out of nowhere, came out of your phone screen and stole the bottle from you :lol:

• Haha 2

FWIW - exchanged notes with some German friends today.  They are on "lockdown" until 20 April.  I use the term lockdown loosely because they can still go out to get food and go for a walk, but are only allowed to socialize with those in the same household.

Very interesting how Germany has such a higher mortality rate compared to Italy (about 12X).  Germany has roughly 60% the number of cases as Italy, but only 5% as many fatalities (compared to Italy).  

This is still keeping in mind the data on the number of cases is likely skewed because those carriers who have not be tested are not accounted for in the data.

3 minutes ago, RDM said:

FWIW - exchanged notes with some German friends today.  They are on "lockdown" until 20 April.  I use the term lockdown loosely because they can still go out to get food and go for a walk, but are only allowed to socialize with those in the same household.

Very interesting how Germany has such a higher mortality rate compared to Italy (about 12X).  Germany has roughly 60% the number of cases as Italy, but only 5% as many fatalities (compared to Italy).  

This is still keeping in mind the data on the number of cases is likely skewed because those carriers who have not be tested are not accounted for in the data.

There is such a thing as genetic resilience that typically happens in pandemics. I wouldn’t be surprised to see certain populations exhibiting a resilience and some exhibiting a susceptibility.

That said there are probably demographic factors at play as well, younger population, earlier lockdowns, etc.

53 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Also, average flu deaths per day are 95 and we are at 500 per day from Covid now. And that will keep going up. Funny how many people were saying “it’s just the flu”.

The people saying that have some issues. First to think the entire medical community globally would be so incompetent to over react to such an extent...and to ignore the fact that such extreme measures were implemented to limit covid19 that are not employed for flu when comparing the two is a joke. The cognitive dissonance it takes to ignore those 2 gaps in their logic is astounding. Hopefully the bug you had a while back was it and you are in the clear now. Stay safe my friend. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The people saying that have some issues. First to think the entire medical community globally would be so incompetent to over react to such an extent...and to ignore the fact that such extreme measures were implemented to limit covid19 that are not employed for flu when comparing the two is a joke. The cognitive dissonance it takes to ignore those 2 gaps in their logic is astounding. Hopefully the bug you had a while back was it and you are in the clear now. Stay safe my friend. 

You too, hope you're keeping well entertained through your social distancing!

54 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Youngest daughter made this coffee cake for tomorrow with the older daughters help. 

L

Mrs. J my compliments to your daughters. To my old eyes it’s a work of art. To my gastronomical experience its only a dream and a memory. As always....

• Like 1

Just now, supernovasky said:

You too, hope you're keeping well entertained through your social distancing!

I’ve had a ton of yard work to do.  Finally caught up on projects that kept getting put off. But as of now my district is transitioning to distance learning. The set up is going to be intense but after we get the bugs worked out and everything’s up and running I’ll probably only be really working a few hours a day. But at least it’s something. 

• Like 2

Same with HoCo, PSU. 

Meanwhile, I went from the Greater Pumpkin to a Schnee Boot to a Peg Leg. I remember stopping into Heavy Seas in the late fall when I was hopeful for a good winter, but since it never materialized, it’s time to get rid of them.

At least the snow game Winter Classic is on. @yoda  Go Buffalo!

• Like 2

• H2O unpinned this topic