Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2020

George BM

Just now, Always in Zugzwang said:

I've settled into the whole telework thing over the past couple of weeks.  By now, it's all I can do to NOT crack open a beer or grab a glass of wine while supposedly working!  But I do have a Keurig to keep me going in the morning, hahaha!

I had my first virtual meeting today and it’s going to be a mess getting older teachers to do “distance learning.” I think I’ll be ok, but I may naive.

Just now, mappy said:

Yeah we’ve managed as well. Hard to believe it’s another month of this though 

I know man, all good fun! Agreed!

Same here...I fully expect at least a month if not more.  You do what you can...it's working out OK, I've got my work laptop and access to whatever for the most part that I need.  But I won't lie that my attention and amount of stuff I get done isn't at the same level.  Mostly just from being concerned and all that of course, plus just being at home.

And yeah, everything is all in good fun!  Right now, humor and my photography keep me going for the most part.  Though at least now it's getting warmer so I can get back to riding my bike too to get out.  We can all use some good laughter through all this, at least!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Same here...I fully expect at least a month if not more.  You do what you can...it's working out OK, I've got my work laptop and access to whatever for the most part that I need.  But I won't lie that my attention and amount of stuff I get done isn't at the same level.  Mostly just from being concerned and all that of course, plus just being at home.

And yeah, everything is all in good fun!  Right now, humor and my photography keep me going for the most part.  Though at least now it's getting warmer so I can get back to riding my bike too to get out.  We can all use some good laughter through all this, at least!!

Start a spring photo thread. It’s time. I’d like to get my camera out again.

42 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

That's why it's incredible to go from that to almost nothing.

It has not happened yet though. Possible it may in the years to come. His area could become the equivalent of the western NC Piedmont climo. Yours would be like SE coastal NC. So are you predicting this with confidence?

33 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

It has not happened yet though. Possible it may in the years to come. His area could become the equivalent of the western NC Piedmont climo. Yours would be like SE coastal NC. So are you predicting this with confidence?

Drink more before you engage.

On the home front, while letting the hh buzz die down (thanks, @C.A.P.E.), we got the cars cleaned and more importantly, I got the two new (used) 20 gallon kettles cleaned. Waiting for the pump and whirlpool arm from ups, and then it’s brew time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

If true this area is finished indefinitely if hurricane climatology comes in line with temps.

Someone needs to get a fvckin' whip and make those lazy GM workers work harder!

We NEED those damned VENTILATORS! Whip em until they build 500,000 ventilators! Torture 'em if you have to!

Extreme circumstances demand extreme measures!

GM said they'd make ventilators!

YOUR WORD IS WHO YOU ARE.

We dont got time for excuses! PEOPLE ARE DYIN!

• Haha 1

Shoot- 39 banter pages and only 8 obs pages? lol

There's still some nice cherry blossom blooms on local streets and at the Giant (at least as of yesterday).

Unfortunately, the first dandelions started blooming too.

17 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

That's why it's incredible to go from that to almost nothing.

Long version: The climate is shifting but you’re using the wrong indicators. What happened this year wasn’t out of the normal. Actually a year like this was due. Since 1950 there have been 6 years with less snow here than this year and 7 with less than 15”. Right now I’m somewhere around 12”. That’s an avg of one sub 15” year every 7.5 years. But it’s been since 2002 since we had one. That’s 17 years. We were very due. Plus many of those awful years were pattern matches to this year. This result happened every 10 years or so even in the old climate when this type of pattern happened.  When we start to see anomalously low snowfall results in what used to be snowier patterns that would be a better sign of climate change than what you are referencing. 

Short version:  you are an idiot 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Damn that sounds good.

In the past two weeks, I’ve perfected my recipe. It’s awesome. So good, in fact, that I just received 3 jars of Luxardo cherries today! :lol:

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

Will watch episode two tonight. Apparently it gets more strange and intense every episode. 

Watching the first episode now. These people are pretty much nuts. Though I think that may be the point to set up the series.

• H2O unpinned this topic