Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2020

George BM

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Today is the first day I've noticed a very light rush hour . Also ..today is the first time I've had a customer who was extremely uncomfortable with me doing my work in her house . I told her ...listen we don't need to do this...but she wanted  it done . She had  lost power in her kitchen . She's back and runnin:D. Electricians are considered essential but its impacted the trade for sure . Inspectors won't inspect any Job where a home is occupied.  So consequently those jobs are halted for now . I've been busy and am fortunate but I'm convinced it will come to a screeching halt very soon . 

I was getting ready to head up to HD to get some romex, breaker, and outside box for my uninstalled mini split system, but since it’s nice out today, I’m going to wait until early tomorrow morning. It’s nice enough out now for the first mowing of the year!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Today is the first day I've noticed a very light rush hour . Also ..today is the first time I've had a customer who was extremely uncomfortable with me doing my work in her house . I told her ...listen we don't need to do this...but she wanted  it done . She had  lost power in her kitchen . She's back and runnin:D. Electricians are considered essential but its impacted the trade for sure . Inspectors won't inspect any Job where a home is occupied.  So consequently those jobs are halted for now . I've been busy and am fortunate but I'm convinced it will come to a screeching halt very soon . 

around this way theres been a decrease particularly rush hour but considering my job requires driving quite a bit sometimes, I still feel like theres a decent amount of traffic out there. I guess its not that surprising considering tons of jobs are considered essential

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Nice!! Wire prices have been coming down actually. Don't get shocked my friend :lightning:

:lol: There’s no chance of that. I install the wire from end to end then have the professionals install the breaker and the wire connections. I’m just a grunt. I’m not smart enough to do anything more.

I did get the drain lines pretty much done today, but again, pvc and downhill is grunt work.

• Like 1

Stocks rebounded nicely today.. this will be shortlived once everyone defaults and unemployment insurance payouts kick in.  

People dont realize that when the money runs out.. it actually just runs out.. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Heck yea!!

. ...and I hope he's healthy and happy to climb in crawl spaces and attics . Before he can get in a attic  he'll have to get a M90 3M mask off Ebay for $2,000 :yikes:before starting work . 

Attics bother the heck out of my sinuses. I have a cheap two filter mask that helps, but it’s still miserable. Kudos to you and all the tradesmen (and women) that do that work all the time. I support Mike Rowe, but give me new construction all the time!

• Like 1

At today’s press conference, both doctors asked anyone who has travelled from NYC metropolitan area in the past week to self-quarantine for 14 days.  More than half the new cases in the US are in New York and they are concerned about people spreading it from New York.  

56 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

At today’s press conference, both doctors asked anyone who has travelled from NYC metropolitan area in the past week to self-quarantine for 14 days.  More than half the new cases in the US are in New York and they are concerned about people spreading it from New York.  

I don't know if we are ever going to have an accruate confirmed count at this point in the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaydreb said:

Well, maybe people aren't traveling as much.... Ya! Right!

image.png.c1962e1905722fb4376954f4f558cca6.png

Here’s a COVID-19 tracking site that’s been pretty good in terms of matching the MD/DC/VA numbers, and other state numbers: https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

The most startling graphic is the one showing the continued exponential growth in deaths, because that figure is less sensitive to testing capacity (the most sick have had the greatest access to tests, other than VIPs apparently). When the dark blue death-per-day line itself starts showing non-linear growth like the last few days, that’s the sign that things are going not well at all. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Nothing like a royal farms beer to get you through the night lol

35638404-8645-433E-BF68-6C4E9269530F.jpeg

It gets me through the day as well.  It says breakfast and I am in no position to argue a very clear label with specific usage directions.  

• Like 1

For physics teachers, this is a great opportunity to apply physics to get your circle of influence to understand what’s going on. 

d vs t graph- derivative is v vs t. A constant v vs t means a linear d vs t graph. A constant non-zero a vs t graph means a linear v vs t and a curved d vs t graph. 

Once we have to introduce the concept of “jerk,” which will show as a changing a vs t graph, the ripples through the v vs t and d vs t graphs can be complicated to understand. 

US deaths represented by graph format is currently into “jerk” territory in terms of physics terms.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

For physics teachers, this is a great opportunity to apply physics to get your circle of influence to understand what’s going on. 

d vs t graph- derivative is v vs t. A constant v vs t means a linear d vs t graph. A constant a vs t graph means a linear v vs t and a curved d vs t graph. 

Once we have to introduce the concept of “jerk,” which will show as a changing a vs t graph, the ripples through the v vs t and d vs t graphs can be complicated to understand. 

US deaths represented by graph format is currently into “jerk” territory in terms of physics terms.

I don’t know much about physics, but you’ve already taught me something. I didn’t know the term jerk in the physics context. I’ll keep reading your post and looking at graphs, and maybe I’ll learn something else.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 11:46 AM, WxUSAF said:

Just a comment without context, but Ryan Maue is such a hack.

He advocated government workers lose pay because other people are hurting.  He isn’t alone unfortunately.   I find it odd that when people are struggling some react by trying to pull others down rather than figure out how to lift those in need up. Will it somehow make the people struggling feel better if everyone else gets screwed also?  Whenever I’ve had problems I never thought the solution was how to put someone else into my same predicament. Something about our society I’ll never get. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Nothing like a royal farms beer to get you through the night lol

35638404-8645-433E-BF68-6C4E9269530F.jpeg

I love my Key!  One of my brands. That’s a great one for sure. Thanks for supporting local. Also, look out for another awesome coffee stout from Hysteria called Morning After. Just out this week actually. Cheers!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cobalt said:

What are you trying to prove exactly?

He’s trying to minimize the whole thing.     Comparing to the flu.   He is either really ignorant, or just doesn’t understand exponential growth.   Unfortunately its people with his views that r making this worse than it should be.   But that is America.  He has right to feel the way he does.  Even if science and fact say otherwise.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

He advocated government workers lose pay because other people are hurting.  He isn’t alone unfortunately.   I find it odd that when people are struggling some react by trying to pull others down rather than figure out how to lift those in need up. Will it somehow make the people struggling feel better if everyone else gets screwed also?  Whenever I’ve had problems I never thought the solution was how to put someone else into my same predicament. Something about our society I’ll never get. 

"I had to suffer and you should too", is ingrained in this country's DNA.

10 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

What???? Royal Farms sells beer in Baltimore? City or county?

Oh. It’s RF’s coffee. Duh.

How is it?

Dont get me wrong, its good. But its your typical coffee type stout. They all taste similar to me unless they're barrel aged or something

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scraff said:

I love my Key!  One of my brands. That’s a great one for sure. Thanks for supporting local. Also, look out for another awesome coffee stout from Hysteria called Morning After. Just out this week actually. Cheers!

Yeah I stopped at Key on Sunday. Its only about 5 mins from my house. Theyre doing takeout. I picked up this and the barrel aged rye porter. Deff like that one

• Like 1

Tread carefully folks with the political talk. I hide a few comments that could easily be taken down the rabbit hole of nasty political talk

there is a political forum you can join if you really need to ruin your day

americanpol.com 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• H2O unpinned this topic