Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2020

George BM

18 minutes ago, yoda said:

Maryland Governor Hogan has ordered all bars and restaurants closed as of 5pm

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-covid-19-news-and-live-updates-120246923.html

Glad Governor Hogan has taken a strong stance on this since the beginning. Additionally, utility, cable, cell phone, and rent/mortgages across the state no longer have late fees, which is a relief. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

Glad Governor Hogan has taken a strong stance on this since the beginning. Additionally, utility, cable, cell phone, and rent/mortgages across the state no longer have late fees, which is a relief. 

With banks getting zero interest, why not just offer no mortgage payments for a month or two with no penalty, and simply add a month or two to the end of the mortgage.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Amazingly still no confirmed cases here in WV.   Governor is allowing bars/pubs/restaurants to carry on as normal, for now.

We're closing our pub for a couple of days to figure things out.  When we reopen it might just be for carry out can and growler sales.  

Unrelated, but I was bartending at Nepenthe Brewery in Baltimore a couple weeks ago and a guy was wearing one of your sweatshirts. He had recently been to your Main Street brewery and we had a nice conversation about how good your beers are, but he wasn’t aware of any expansion plans. I know you’ve opened the new brewery site, but I also thought you mentioned possible expansion. Then I read this great article:

https://brilliantstream.com/2019/04/stumptown-ales-settles-down/

The article is about a year old, so just wondering if expansion to another site is on the table.

eta: did a search on Airbnb and nice pad over the brewery!

15 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I was working down in Cockeysville today and drove through the Sam's club parking area to get to Lowes and it was like nothing I've seen before...black Friday doesn't hold a candle to what I saw . I just stopped at the local liquor store on my way back and literally got a hand truck loads worth . I'm set for a month or more:D. I'm hoping there's no shelter in place order so I can continue to work .

My store was crazy today. Not sure when its going to slow down. WTF is everyone doing with all the TP that is being bought. Insane

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

I was working down in Cockeysville today and drove through the Sam's club parking area to get to Lowes and it was like nothing I've seen before...black Friday doesn't hold a candle to what I saw . I just stopped at the local liquor store on my way back and literally got a hand truck loads worth . I'm set for a month or more:D. I'm hoping there's no shelter in place order so I can continue to work .

The liquor store next to the Giant in Westminster was on the quiet side when I visited earlier this morning.  I took a deep breath, entered, got what I wanted, walked out and exhaled.;)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Just stay home people. This is only going to get worse, don’t risk exposing yourself to those who have it and don’t know it. It’s been spreading for weeks. 

They just canceled my outpatient rehab program :(  They say they are gonna try and do it via web conference.  

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, mappy said:

I'm going to nip this shit now. I get what we all need to discuss whats going and i get it, but these type of posts will be deleted. no questions asked. it does nothing to help. 

there are other places that you can go spread theories and such, and it is not here. 

thanks.

Sorry. Didn’t mean to offend anyone. I’ve respected your moderation of others in the past.  So i will check my theories about executive power at the door.  Hope everyone stays safe and we can get back to tracking weather and not killer viruses in the near future. Stay safe everyone.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Sorry. Didn’t mean to offend anyone. I’ve respected your moderation of others in the past.  So i will check my theories about executive power at the door.  Hope everyone stays safe and we can get back to tracking weather and not killer viruses in the near future. Stay safe everyone.

Appreciate your response. Stay well, friend. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, PDIII said:

They just canceled my outpatient rehab program :(  They say they are gonna try and do it via web conference.  

I’m really sorry. A lot of people are impacted in ways many of us haven’t thought of. Those like yourself needing rehab, others who can’t make meetings for their addictions, regular doctor/dentist appointments, and so on. 

ive heard/seen from many at how most places are going as virtual as they can. Both locally and around the country. Emails and FaceTime. Virtual classrooms (my daughter’s dance studio has done this, each class has videos to practice skills/routines). I’ve seen YouTube channels with everything from ask a scientist to celebrities reading bedtime stories for kids. The outpouring of resources for the people from the people is incredible. Food donations for students and shelters, offering to help run deliveries for local small ma/pa places. 

Here’s hoping this passes quicker than the most dire situations have it, and we can come out (mostly) unscathed. 

• Like 3

"On February 12, 2010, the CDC released updated estimate figures for swine flu, reporting that, in total, 57 million Americans had been sickened, 257,000 had been hospitalized and 11,690 people had died (including 1,180 children) due to swine flu from April through to mid-January."

• Like 1

umm i don’t understand?

is the usa just letting everybody back into the states?

i have 2 employees who where worried about their family members traveling outside the usa last week,  and a day after i guess was said ? no one could get back into the states? or a freeze on anybody traveling to the usa could not enter?

on sunday i saw on multiple news channels reporting on the long lines at airports for screening of all incoming people into the usa.

but both my employees family members walked into dulles and bwi wher ther was no cv testing.  their only gripe was have so many people touching their passports?  

um what?   what’s real here?  really.  ?

6 minutes ago, motsco said:

umm i don’t understand?

i have 2 employees who where worried about their family members traveling outside the usa last week,  and a day after i guess was said ? no one could get back into the states? or a freeze on anybody traveling to the usa could not enter?

on sunday i saw on multiple news channels reporting on the long lines at airports for screening of all incoming people into the usa.

but both my employees family members walked into dulles and bwi wher ther was no cv testing.  their only gripe was have so many people touching their passports?  

It is tough to decipher what is real and what isnt real.  This is the first crowd sourced pandemic we ever had.  It kinda has a mind of its own.  This is a clear example of Tyranny of the Majority (as predicted by Tocqueville).   We have had several media generated pandemics.. but in those cases the experts were allowed to make the decisions and use their knowledge and experience to quell panic.  This time, decisions are being made by the masses.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PDIII said:

I guess we would be looking at something like that ^^^ if we just let nature take its course.

Considerably worse, since this is more contagious than flu.  We'd be talking million(s) of hospitalizations and possibly hundreds of thousands of deaths by the end of 2020 without the measures that are being put into place now, as the hospital system would become overwhelmed and people who normally wouldn't die would die simply due to lack of resources.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motsco said:

umm i don’t understand?

Where were they coming from?

My understanding is that the travel restrictions apply to foreigners from Europe, China, and South Korea.  American citizens and green card holders are allowed to return from those countries but must undergo screening and possible quarantine.  I hope this is actually taking place.    

I don’t believe there are restrictions from other countries but that may soon change.  I suspect that there will be a complete ban on all foreign and domestic travel sooner rather than later.  I expect all commercial flights to be grounded.

7 hours ago, gymengineer said:

Did you ever calculate what 3% or 1% or even 0.5% of 58 million was before posting? 

I am sad to report that I woke up with a 102 fever this morning and a really bad sore throat.   

• Sad 3

51 minutes ago, PDIII said:

I am sad to report that I woke up with a 102 fever this morning and a really bad sore throat.   

yikes. get some rest, hope those you have been around the last few days know of your symptoms, please make sure to tell them so they can self-isolate. 

18 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Unrelated, but I was bartending at Nepenthe Brewery in Baltimore a couple weeks ago and a guy was wearing one of your sweatshirts. He had recently been to your Main Street brewery and we had a nice conversation about how good your beers are, but he wasn’t aware of any expansion plans. I know you’ve opened the new brewery site, but I also thought you mentioned possible expansion. Then I read this great article:

https://brilliantstream.com/2019/04/stumptown-ales-settles-down/

The article is about a year old, so just wondering if expansion to another site is on the table.

eta: did a search on Airbnb and nice pad over the brewery!

Nope, we are staying put without any major expansion plans any time soon.  We do have a pub opening just outside of Charleston (was supposed to open April 1, now not sure when).  But we have no idea how much beer that place will go through, and we have agreed to supply that place so that there are at least 8 beers of ours on tap at all times.  We may be biting off more than we can chew with just keeping up with our Davis and Charleston pub demands.  We could probably squeeze another fermenter or two in our current facility and brew a few more times a month, if we had to.

Our barrel aging program is going well (although more space being taken up).  We're happy being small and in demand.  Hope it stays that way.

Yes, the pad above Stumptown is pretty cool.  Great spot to stay if you have a group.  Right in town close to restaurants, etc. 

• Like 1

• H2O unpinned this topic