Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2020

George BM

4 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Hopefully it won’t be long before someone in the tv sports industry with some pull decides to play an old ncaa tournament in its entirety as if in real time.

If they decide to show "famous" baseball highlights, with my luck (as a Cleveland native), they'll show Game 7 of both the 1997 and 2016 World Series in their entirety.  Just so I can experience the pain again.  Both times, the Indians lost in extra innings!!  I think there were like 5 Game 7s in history that went into extra innings, and Cleveland was on the short end of two of those within my lifetime!!

I'd prefer to see Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals again...in all its nail-biting entirety!! :D

• Haha 1

The St. Paddy Day bar scenes in NYC (and other big cities) this weekend may have a big impact on numbers in the next week or two there. 

This is going to be a long road and it’s going to be several weeks before some of the complacent start considering that they may have been wrong. There is still a part of me that hopes we look back on this in six months and there is a large contingency of peeps that say, “See?!? You alarmists were wrong!” But unfortunately, I think we are breezing past that point pretty quickly.

The St. Paddy Day bar scenes in NYC (and other big cities) this weekend may have a big impact on numbers in the next week or two there. 

This is going to be a long road and it’s going to be several weeks before some of the complacent start considering that they may have been wrong. There is still a part of me that hopes we look back on this in six months and there is a large contingency of peeps that say, “See?!? You alarmists were wrong!” But unfortunately, I think we are breezing past that point pretty quickly.

Bars and restaurants will be closed everywhere by the end of this week. Illinois and Ohio just shut them all down starting 9pm tonight. Other states will likely follow.

25 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Bars and restaurants will be closed everywhere by the end of this week. Illinois and Ohio just shut them all down starting 9pm tonight. Other states will likely follow.

Good to see these establishments doing what is necessary for the greater good, despite the fact they are fuccking themselves.

5 minutes ago, yoda said:

@mattie g and any other FCPS parent... please click on the link below and read the new update:

https://www.fcps.edu

Well then...

Yup - got the e-mail earlier today.

FCPS has been playing catch up, but perhaps the elementary school teacher whose husband tested positive and her “assumed positive” test has forced their hand. Of course, they may have just been making decisions based on the fluidity of reports as they said they would.

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Good to see these establishments doing what is necessary for the greater good, despite the fact they are fuccking themselves.

They should. I mentioned yesterday(?) that I really feel for the employees of these places, but what’s right is right. I hope we, as a country, help affected people (both medically and financially) get through this.

• Like 1

Just now, mattie g said:

They should. I mentioned yesterday(?) that I really feel for the employees of these places, but what’s right is right. I hope we, as a country, help affected people (both medically and financially) get through this.

I mean, when the greedy ass sports leagues are all shutting down, that says something about how critical it is to engage in social isolation.

I just need my go to beer places to stay open another day or 2 .:yikes:

I am NOT stocked up!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I mean, when the greedy ass sports leagues are all shutting down, that says something about how critical it is to engage in social isolation.

I just need my go to beer places to stay open another day or 2 .:yikes:

I am NOT stocked up!

Uh oh!

I suppose I’m kind of fortunate because I loaded up on really quality beers in preparation for my birthday, for which my wife organized a big bash  yesterday. But since we cancelled it I’m neck-deep in beers right now! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mattie g said:

Uh oh!

I suppose I’m kind of fortunate because I loaded up on really quality beers in preparation for my birthday, for which my wife organized a big bash  yesterday. But since we cancelled it I’m neck-deep in beers right now! :lol:

Up for a visit?:D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Looks like they will still have carryout and delivery available for now . Who knows what tomorrow will bring :yikes: but after work I need to stock up on food, water and BEER . I went Friday and no bottled water was left. 

I am thinking of doing a midnight Walmart run for general food and stuff. Still will probably be a disaster. I am good on booze for now- small town with 2 places that have all necessities. Decent selection of craft beers and excellent on wine and liquor.

• Like 1

My partner was able to go liquor shopping on Friday during the day while I was at the office for the last day until further notice.

He picked up 7 liters of potato vodka, 3.5 liters of Tanqueray gin, 1.75 liters of Jameson whiskey, and restocked our Cointreau. That should tide us over for 3 weeks. 

We accidentally ordered 144 rolls of toilet paper by mail late last year so we are still all set in that department.

• Haha 9

25 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I am thinking of doing a midnight Walmart run for general food and stuff. Still will probably be a disaster. I am good on booze for now- small town with 2 places that have all necessities. Decent selection of craft beers and excellent on wine and liquor.

Walmart has new hours that go into effect today. Any 24 hour locations will switch there operating hours from 6am to 11pm.

11 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m sure you know that I’m kidding. Restocking and cleaning a Walmart is not a job I’d want. Kudos to those that do.

I am a Store Manager at a Grocery store and we have changed our cleaning and sanitizing processes to combat the coroniviris. 

Also Ive never seen a run like this before. Snow storms we get hit hard and then we are very slow for a few days after. This just keep going and going. The supply chains are unable to keep up. Our warehouse is completely out of TP. 

Edit - I ve been in grocery retail for 25 years and Ive never seen anything like this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I am a Store Manager at a Grocery store and we have changed our cleaning and sanitizing processes to combat the coroniviris. 

Also Ive never seen a run like this before. Snow storms we get hit hard and then we are very slow for a few days after. This just keep going and going. The supply chains are unable to keep up. Our warehouse is completely out of TP. 

Edit - I ve been in grocery retail for 25 years and Ive never seen anything like this.

I think you and @leesburg 04 have common careers.

• Like 1

This whole work from home thing....

I have a business that employs 24 people. 24 people that depend on having a place to work every day in order to support their family.  I am currently struggling with, not just riding one thin line...but riding several at the same time. 

I cant pour concrete from home. I cant excavate from home. I cant give quotes from home. I cant enter a closed permit office. 

Trying to protect the office staff...trying to protect our service crews that have customer contact multiple times daily, trying to protect our customers, trying to protect our construction crews...it's all freaking daunting. 

The retraction in revenues is absolutely impossible to predict.  What else do I do but prepare for a worse-case scenario?  Example - Travel restrictions for non essential personnel lasting greater than 4 weeks.  Those preparations and changes that will protect us personally from a worst-case scenario will greatly impact a very minor segment of the local population.  But, I am just one hole in the wall business...This will have a long-term effect on our economy and general way of life, IMO.  You cant just spring back from 8+ weeks of America "down-time."  

I truly hope  I am wrong.  If it's anything like my snowfall prediction...hey, we'll be in good shape!  Just venting to someone other than my wife.... 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

• H2O unpinned this topic