• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2020

George BM

Grass planting and wee control are always best done in the fall. If the crab is bad a pre-emergent is the cure but it has a downside if you apply too much. It will prevent any grass seeds from germinating also. Fertilize now and all you will get out of it is more mowing. To grow your roots you fertilize during the winter. Light fertilizing in May helps over the summer imo but I never liked spring fertilizing 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nj2va said:

With an extremely heavy heart, I’m sad to say our 12 year old Wire Fox Terrier passed onto doggie heaven yesterday. He suddenly got ill on Friday morning and never recovered. He was an energetic 12 year old “puppy” right up until Thursday night so at least he didn’t suffer for months.

He brought us so much happiness and we will miss him dearly. His “sister” Scottish Terrier also misses her partner in crime. For those with pets, hug them a little more today.

Here’s a picture of him at our Deep Creek house in January.

4861a47377548db55b93ab63ad7b3105.jpg

So sorry to hear of your loss. They will always hold a place in our hearts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, nj2va said:

With an extremely heavy heart, I’m sad to say our 12 year old Wire Fox Terrier passed onto doggie heaven yesterday. He suddenly got ill on Friday morning and never recovered. He was an energetic 12 year old “puppy” right up until Thursday night so at least he didn’t suffer for months.

He brought us so much happiness and we will miss him dearly. His “sister” Scottish Terrier also misses her partner in crime. For those with pets, hug them a little more today.

Here’s a picture of him at our Deep Creek house in January.

4861a47377548db55b93ab63ad7b3105.jpg

Sorry for the loss of your pup.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mersky said:

wait? So the guy lies about me sending him private messages and your solution is for me to send him a private message?? Lol 

I am. Though, better yet, just put him on ignore and he needs to put you on ignore. The two of you have been bitching like toddlers for a while now. I see every report that's been made against you both, not to mention the timeout you have received already for trolling in the NY subforum.

You're best bet is to just stop completely or else one of us mods will do it for you. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Not really.  It’s still there as a possibility. But even a best case scenario it’s weak sauce. Whatever ejects out west is crashing into a huge ridge and de amplifying.  Could a slightly stronger wave lead to a mini thump...maybe but the whole setup was and is rather limited for anything more than conversation flakes. 

I’m completely swamped at work so haven’t been able to analyze or post much. This is by far the busiest time of year for me. The month before spring break is when everyone decides yearly stuff needs to get done and every deadline hits. 

But Mr. Hoffman, you post so much in here you wont ever meet your deadlines.  The cherry blossoms will be bloomed before you can ever manage to get your work done *In My Mersky voice which probably sounds like Christopher Walken*

18 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

NCAA tourneys would be weird with no fans.  Sounds like the direction many are supporting.

People will still go to sports bars and watch. Just have some video up on the screens at the arenas and crank up the volume. Loud and rowdy inebriated people. That way it will still feel pretty normal.

So dumb.

In the end it’s gonna be a ton of money spent, ruined events, and all for nothing.

I don’t care what they do, you will never contain the spread of this. So live life and let’s get on with it.

I can speak for the validity of this but I was listening to a guy on the radio yesterday and he was supposedly quoting stats from the cdc. He said that 80% of those who will contract this will require no medical attention. He also said that the average age of those who have died was 80!! He also said that ALL of them had underlying medical conditions. Now I don’t know if he was just speaking about the US or not.

Regardless, my hunch is that once we have a valid number of cases to base conclusions off of, meaning at least 500,000 us cases, that we are going to see a very low death rate and a specific set of victims.

Im not saying throw caution to the wind. Take precautions. But to let this thing tank economies, bring daily life to a standstill is ridiculous. The media is fanning these flames because it gets attention. We live in an age of sensationalism where logic and reason seemingly have no place.

Oh well, rant over. But I can tell you that I’m one person who is not going to let fear of a virus, a cold virus at that, keep me from doing anything I want to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

28 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

So dumb.

In the end it’s gonna be a ton of money spent, ruined events, and all for nothing.

I don’t care what they do, you will never contain the spread of this. So live life and let’s get on with it.

I can speak for the validity of this but I was listening to a guy on the radio yesterday and he was supposedly quoting stats from the cdc. He said that 80% of those who will contract this will require no medical attention. He also said that the average age of those who have died was 80!! He also said that ALL of them had underlying medical conditions. Now I don’t know if he was just speaking about the US or not.

Regardless, my hunch is that once we have a valid number of cases to base conclusions off of, meaning at least 500,000 us cases, that we are going to see a very low death rate and a specific set of victims.

Im not saying throw caution to the wind. Take precautions. But to let this thing tank economies, bring daily life to a standstill is ridiculous. The media is fanning these flames because it gets attention. We live in an age of sensationalism where logic and reason seemingly have no place.

Oh well, rant over. But I can tell you that I’m one person who is not going to let fear of a virus, a cold virus at that, keep me from doing anything I want to do.

This is simply nature's way of killing off the old people. Kids are not really affected- they are just vectors to pass it on to the old and sickly. People live too long today, thanks to science and medicine. 200 years ago life expectancy was under 50. I should be dead. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Unfortunately, I (and others!) quite like some of the old and sickly — some of whom are my professors, family member, and probably some of you all. I don’t like that my classes are moving online, but social distancing and isolation is hardly a waste of time. We are talking about lives here, people. C’mon now.

HUGE waste of time, money, etc. 

Isolate the 80+ers with underlying medical conditions? Sure. 

But to do all this to the rest of us is absolutely ridiculous and 100% unnecessary. 

HUGE waste of time, money, etc. 
Isolate the 80+ers with underlying medical conditions? Sure. 
But to do all this to the rest of us is absolutely ridiculous and 100% unnecessary. 

who takes care of the 80+ers? Who gets the caretakers their food? Do they visit their families? Do they go to the grocery store? What about the teenage grocers who will almost 100% be fine but will spread the virus?

You can’t just stick 80+ers on an island. Why not mitigate the spread and lower the damage curve? It’s irresponsible to do anything else. Trust me, I feel bad for everyone’s investments. But lives > money here. Tough to convince me otherwise.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’ll drop this soon because it depresses me a bit to talk about it, but it is all about flattening the curve. We need to keep ICU’s and hospitals available for those who need help. It isn’t rocket science to see why it’s best to shut things down for awhile, inconvenience be dammed.

See: Spanish Flu. Or check out any of the other hundreds of graphs that say the same thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

So dumb.

The argument on the other side is that while you can't contain the spread, you can slow it down so that hospitals do not become overwhelmed.  That is the scary scenario for the rest of us that aren't really at a high risk. 

• Like 3

• H2O unpinned this topic