Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2020

George BM

Just now, Chris78 said:

They needed this game badly. Played well. Hopefully its the start of a deep run in the tourney

Forgive me, but the last 5 (or how ever many years Turgeon has been here) years have me quite cynical when it comes to the Terps and the playoffs. It feels like every dang year all they do is look good regular season...then choke! The team this year looks like the best Turgeon has ever had...but I am highly suspect of his ability to coach a team to a championship.

3 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Forgive me, but the last 5 (or how ever many years Turgeon has been here) years have me quite cynical when it comes to the Terps and the playoffs. It feels like every dang year all they do is look good regular season...then choke! The team this year looks like the best Turgeon has ever had...but I am highly suspect of his ability to coach a team to a championship.

I believe this is Turgeons 8th or 9 th year now. Time flies when your having fun lol. Turgeons teams seem to fade down the stretch. This is by far the best team he has had at MD though. 

Would like to see them atleast get to the second weekend 

Not sure I have ever seen a more empty watches and warnings map on NWS.   Just nothing going on anywhere in CONUS in what  should be an exciting weather month.     

Everyone is on Corona Watch. COVID-19 not CONUS watches. HAHA 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This forum is so much FUN. Only if this past winter would have had as much snow as we predicted in October with snow cover OVER Siberia and low solar activity and some other bull that never materialized 2 weeks or 2 days out. So much fun getting you guys panties all bunched up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mersky said:

Mr Hoffman, first off you mentioned my name this morning when I had never responded to a post of yours. So you started this. Then you bravely announce you took heat for a weather forecast as if you made a great sacrifice of some kind. Maybe not mention me and you won’t see me mention you. 

6 minutes ago, Mersky said:

This was your post Mr Hoffman. Not needed but you couldn’t help yourself 

What are you talking about.  Your posts just suck and everyone hates them.  That’s just a fact not trolling. 

But wow you’re still all bent over that from 11 hours ago. Lol. For a troll you have incredibly thin skin. 

• Like 2

I think I'm going to start basing my winter forecast for next season with the lunar cycle. If it's a full moon we are in trouble. 20+ inches of snow to come in 3 days or some day after tomorrow scenarios. Where is Hypeman. I mean Jebman dude with his shovel and walks5d0bd1f56e53f42cedb31cfa96199991.jpg

What are you talking about.  Your posts just suck and everyone hates them.  That’s just a fact not trolling. 
But wow you’re still all bent over that from 11 hours ago. Lol. For a troll you have incredibly thin skin. 
Served.....DAMMMM GINA

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

“Mersky” is coo coo for Cocoa Puffs. He is on the NYC and New England forums as well. Does nothing but troll and make really weird posts. Contributes nothing at all. Last week he sent me an extremely creepy PM about touching me. Dude needs some serious psychiatric and psychological help....

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, CentralVaNATS said:

You have been warned, Troll. Gandalf has spoken. NONE SHALL POST!!!!

7 hours ago, Mersky said:

Who is trolling? Using work computers, especially at schools, is not for personal use. That isn’t trolling, that is a fact 

Enough. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mersky said:

Who is trolling? Using work computers, especially at schools, is not for personal use. That isn’t trolling, that is a fact 

You are a simpleton.

I know you are ancient, but perhaps you are aware of the existence of smartphones.

Also, if the proxy server policy doesn't block or flag it, management doesn't give a fucck. Plenty of people with office jobs spend half their time on Facebook and Twitter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

early mow > early snow

Looking ahead it seems like the growing season might be ahead of schedule. When do you drop your crab grass treatment?

I normally look to the forsythia, they say as long as you drop it before they bloom you are good,  as crab grass seeds tend to germinate at a specific soil temp which normally follows after the first blooms of the  forsythia bush. Wondering whether they bloom early this year. 

Looking ahead it seems like the growing season might be ahead of schedule. When do you drop your crab grass treatment?
I normally look to the forsythia, they say as long as you drop it before they bloom you are good,  as crab grass seeds tend to germinate at a specific soil temp which normally follows after the first blooms of the  forsythia bush. Wondering whether they bloom early this year. 
I drop mine once soil temps hit 55° at about 3 inch depth. Make sure you put a second app in around end of April or early May

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, frd said:

Since my grass is young- only got about 10-12 weeks of growth before it went dormant last fall- not applying any weed preventer/killer. I already put down starter fertilizer a few days ago. I may do another round of that in early April if needed. I have lots of chickweed but that's normal in the Spring. It gets choked out once the grass gets going.

• Thanks 1

With an extremely heavy heart, I’m sad to say our 12 year old Wire Fox Terrier passed onto doggie heaven yesterday. He suddenly got ill on Friday morning and never recovered. He was an energetic 12 year old “puppy” right up until Thursday night so at least he didn’t suffer for months.

He brought us so much happiness and we will miss him dearly. His “sister” Scottish Terrier also misses her partner in crime. For those with pets, hug them a little more today.

Here’s a picture of him at our Deep Creek house in January.

4861a47377548db55b93ab63ad7b3105.jpg

• Sad 17

53 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Since my grass is young- only got about 10-12 weeks of growth before it went dormant last fall- not applying any weed preventer/killer. I already put down starter fertilizer a few days ago. I may do another round of that in early April if needed. I have lots of chickweed but that's normal in the Spring. It gets choked out once the grass gets going.

Same here. My Bermuda is still dormant but the chickweed and hen pen is kind of rampant. I'm going to hit it with fertilizer in the next day or two. Some weed and feed variety. Then once the Bermuda gets going it'll crowd out all of the weeds. But that is usually May before it greens up. Anticipating a much earlier start, although it was below freezing for 8 hours Friday night/ Sat morning (26 for a low). 

36 minutes ago, nj2va said:

With an extremely heavy heart, I’m sad to say our 12 year old Wire Fox Terrier passed onto doggie heaven yesterday. He suddenly got ill on Friday morning and never recovered. He was an energetic 12 year old “puppy” right up until Thursday night so at least he didn’t suffer for months.

He brought us so much happiness and we will miss him dearly. His “sister” Scottish Terrier also misses her partner in crime. For those with pets, hug them a little more today.

Here’s a picture of him at our Deep Creek house in January

So sorry to hear. Sounds like he had a great life and great home. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I'm sincerely sorry for your loss -- we've had dogs die suddenly over the years, and a couple linger on for awhile with extended illnesses, and while any type of loss of our canine friends suck, the sudden ones are the real gut-punches. Also glad to hear you have a "transition" doggo...that helps a bit.  :(

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, nj2va said:

4861a47377548db55b93ab63ad7b3105.jpg

They become our companions and forever loyal guardians, as we are theirs. I only wish more of us could absorb and demonstrate their capacity for unselfish love. “All dogs go to heaven” if indeed it exists, they are certainly there. As always ....

• Like 7

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

I am very sorry for the loss your family member.  I just had to put our dog to sleep two weeks ago. The  sadness was so overwhelming. We miss him very much as I know you miss your pal and buddy.  The bonds we make and the impact of a dog on a person's life is almost impossible to describe. The benefit to our mental health and the companionship, and devoted unwavering love is a thing to cherish . I cried for hours and was deeply depressed for days. I will always miss my best friend. 

Those we love do not leave us but walk besides us every day. Invisible and silent but always near.  You can feel it at times though.  I am sure your dog lived a wonderful life and you can always reflect back that you and your family brought years of happiness to your beloved terrier. 

• Like 6

• H2O unpinned this topic