Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2020

George BM

19 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

8 hours ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

"GFS continuing its step back. Hardly any precipitation now. Not that this was much to track to begin with but it’s all over now"

For many of us it was and is worth tracking . Yes ..coastal redevelopment effecting the general area is looking unlikely atm but it's not dead yet and there's also the ull pass on Friday evening to track as well.If it's not worth it to you then why post in this thread ? If you think " Its over" then why post in this thread ? There's many posters and lurkers who enjoy tracking "any potential ". At least keep this trash post in this banter thread .

Its all relative and expectations in what you were "maybe" expecting....was it something to track in terms of perhaps seeing 'some' snow, basically flurries/snow showers then fine.  But most data kept these storms separate and from phasing outside of some fantasy ensemble runs.  PSU has highlughted the problems continually and stating that we dont typically score from that kind of late attempt phasing set up. I can post how unlikely it is to happen just has much as you like to post how likely it is to happen. Youre the ultimate optimist, I get it

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

8 hours ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

"GFS continuing its step back. Hardly any precipitation now. Not that this was much to track to begin with but it’s all over now"

For many of us it was and is worth tracking . Yes ..coastal redevelopment effecting the general area is looking unlikely atm but it's not dead yet and there's also the ull pass on Friday evening to track as well.If it's not worth it to you then why post in this thread ? If you think " Its over" then why post in this thread ? There's many posters and lurkers who enjoy tracking "any potential ". At least keep this trash post in this banter thread .

I love your optimism and enthusiasm but you have to be realistic. This has been a dumpster fire winter. Most are beyond fed up. And most are past caring about a coating of slush from a snowshower with an upper low pass. They would probably prefer a 70 degree day now if it’s not going to be a legit heavy snow event.  I get annoyed when people crap up the thread in years that aren’t THAT bad or with legit threats. But right now expecting a lot of positivity is unrealistic imo. But I love what you do and keep it up. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, yoda said:

I feel like an idiot having to cheat by looking at the comments.  D^6th is a dead giveaway that this is the radar equation.

https://courses.comet.ucar.edu/pluginfile.php/3721/mod_imscp/content/1/the_radar_equation.html

7 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

My grass needs mowing.  On march 3rd!!

Good thing I close on the sale tomorrow morning.  Movers just finished packing all our stuff.  So long, Stephens City.  I will miss your convenience and the only house that my children have called home.  But, that's it.

Good luck. And congratulations. Drought-stricken Stephens City thanks you as well. You know that drought thing you have going on is likely to follow you to your new house. Which incidentally is in a downsloped Mountain Shadow Desert as well. I looked at the annual maps and that place is the driest in the region. It is a beautiful part of Virginia though. Cheers to you and enjoy.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

My preference would be to get through April without ever sniffing 80. I would love to see every day in the 50s and 60s, maybe an occasional 70 or so. That's just me. I hate to see early heat and humidity. We have months and months of that crap in our future. That is inevitable. We can all wish/hope to get what we consider to be pleasant early Spring weather, and that certainly is subjective. Wont change a thing or make it any more or less likely to occur. Not sure why anyone would engage in arguments over such things. Quite absurd.

What are we doing today hun?

I dunno dear, what’s the weather?

58 and Sunny with a light breeze. 

Well....we could put on a light jacket then go out and enjoy the day OR....stay in and bitch all day that it should be 65 this time of year. 

15 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

What are we doing today hun?

I dunno dear, what’s the weather?

58 and Sunny with a light breeze. 

Well....we could put on a light jacket then go out and enjoy the day OR....stay in and bitch all day that it should be 65 this time of year. 

70 or I wont leave the house!

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

70 or I wont leave the house!

I just can’t get past how picky people are being with weather. My snow needs to be between this date and that date and must stick to roads and god forbid it’s on a weekend. As if we can afford to toss so many non perfect snows here. Or if you have to put on a jacket in April...my god, the horror. 

I’ve had soccer games when it was close to 100 and skied when it was -25.  One summer practice at PSU it was close to 95 and all they did was give us one extra water break.  One late fall game against a SUNY campus in upstate NY it was 30 and snowing and we couldn’t wear layers because it would slow us down. 

Jesus Nut up people. 

12 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

#SnowFlurryTruthers 

Nice shutout for February!  A "T"...that's like getting no-hit instead of a perfect game thrown against you, I guess.  IAD and DCA also recorded a trace, I believe.  I think I saw a flake or two at some point during the month, so yeah...a trace for me as well.  So, in the time I've been here (since 2001), this winter now stands as the worst for snow (though not sure if necessarily the warmest, but must be close!).  I measured maybe 2.0" total I think, the biggest event being 1.5" in January.  2011-12 had been the worst (closely followed by 2001-02), but this one...just a stinker all around, gate-to-gate and no letup.

Now of course, we'll get a slushy 2" sometime in March to mess that up, right?! :lol:

15 minutes ago, Ji said:
23 minutes ago, mappy said:
could you troll him in banter at least? 

There is no winter so every thread is banter right now till next non winter

Overall I think the main thread stayed impressively on topic and functional this year given the train wreck that was winter.   There was some off topic fun but it never got in the way when there were legit pattern discussions going on.  I don’t mind some fun it was when people were actively trying to disrupt and discourage legit analysis that got annoying imo.  There was none of that this year.

That said she is right and some people want to discuss severe or the horrors of having to wear a jacket in April so we shouldn’t junk it up now either. 

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

What has happened to Md?

Well....in 1632 the colony of Maryland was granted to Sir George Calvert.  in 1781 MD was the 7th State to ratify the Articles of Confederation.  In 1788 MD also became the 7th State the ratify the Constitution and officially join the United States of America.  Baltimore was one of the major port cities of America and crucial to the early economic success of the State.  By the onset of the Civil War, due to a changing economy and labor movements, about half of the African American population in MD was already freed and the institution was being phased out and this played a part, along with political and military pressure(occupation), in Maryland not joining the confederacy.  The steel and rail industry continued to be a major economic boon to the Baltimore region in the late 1800s and a driving force of Maryland's political and economic power.  The great migration in the 1900s greatly influenced the demographics and society of Baltimore.  An influx of African American workers from the deep south injected a more  "southern" feel to the culture of Baltimore while providing the steel, shipping, and rail industries with needed workers to drive economic growth.  Unfortunately the practice of white flight and red lining (see racist ass-clowns)  in response to the great migration, combined with after effects of the great depression, which some communities would never recover from, set up a cycle of generational poverty the Baltimore area is still struggling with today.  Despite that fact the Baltimore area remains the dominant economic force of Maryland, despite the resentment of some rural regions (see bumbleF*#%) of the State.  This divide has become the driving force of politics in Maryland in recent decades.  

Hope that helps 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Well....in 1632 the colony of Maryland was granted to Sir George Calvert.  in 1781 MD was the 7th State to ratify the Articles of Confederation.  In 1788 MD also became the 7th State the ratify the Constitution and officially join the United States of America.  Baltimore was one of the major port cities of America and crucial to the early economic success of the State.  By the onset of the Civil War, due to a changing economy and labor movements, about half of the African American population in MD was already freed and the institution was being phased out and this played a part, along with political and military pressure(occupation), in Maryland not joining the confederacy.  The steel and rail industry continued to be a major economic boon to the Baltimore region in the late 1800s and a driving force of Maryland's political and economic power.  The great migration in the 1900s greatly influenced the demographics and society of Baltimore.  An influx of African American workers from the deep south injected a more  "southern" feel to the culture of Baltimore while providing the steel, shipping, and rail industries with needed workers to drive economic growth.  Unfortunately the practice of white flight and red lining (see racist ass-clowns)  in response to the great migration, combined with after effects of the great depression, which some communities would never recover from, set up a cycle of generational poverty the Baltimore area is still struggling with today.  Despite that fact the Baltimore area remains the dominant economic force of Maryland, despite the resentment of some rural regions (see bumbleF*#%) of the State.  This divide has become the driving force of politics in Maryland in recent decades.  

Hope that helps 

Wiseguy ;)

• H2O unpinned this topic