Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Discobs 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, JakkelWx said:

Hottest temperature of the year so far here. 82 degrees and humid. It couldn't possibly drop 30 degrees in 24 hours, right?

Sure looks like it will be quite different feeling tomorrow.

Too bad all the dynamics are well north with the front. Weak sauce showers moving through down here.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looks like the showers here may be moving out. Picked up 0.21" so far. Wasn't really expecting much of anything.

Lots to do outside so hopefully we get some rapid clearing later this morning. Tomorrow looks like a great day, followed by a soaking rain for Monday.

Just about nothing over here. I also have a lot of yard work to get started on. I’ve been avoiding it because it’s time to do some major renovations.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Just about nothing over here. I also have a lot of yard work to get started on. I’ve been avoiding it because it’s time to do some major renovations.

Its been pretty wet here lately. Just about 2.5" for the month, and much of that over the last 10 days. Looks like an area wide 1 inch deal for Monday, then another possible event by Wed.

The seasonal wetland in the woods on the back part of my property was unseasonably dry 2 weeks ago. just a small puddle in one place. It is rapidly expanding now. Just ordered more larvicide. It looked for a while like I might just need to drop a few dunkers here and there. By the end of this week I will probably have to "seed" the whole area.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Its been pretty wet here lately. Just about 2.5" for the month, and much of that over the last 10 days. Looks like an area wide 1 inch deal for Monday, then another possible event by Wed.

The seasonal wetland in the woods on the back part of my property was unseasonably dry 2 weeks ago. just a small puddle in one place. It is rapidly expanding now. Just ordered more larvicide. It looked for a while like I might just need to drop a few dunkers here and there. By the end of this week I will probably have to "seed" the whole area.

About an inch behind you over this way for the month, though everything is greening up quickly. Yesterday had the feel, smell, and sneezing of a late April day. The wind today won’t help my allergies, but at least it’s cooler. 

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Guidance has really dried this system out up this way the past day or so. originally 1 inch + then .5" now I bet only 1 to 2 tenths will be it .

Yeah I have noticed that. Pouring here now. Looks like decent frontogenetic forcing sets up here and esp towards the coast with the developing coastal low.

It has been really wet here lately.

A couple weeks ago my "seasonal wetland" back in the woods was unusually dry. Water table has now broken the surface and it's expanding now. Gonna have to larvicide it as usual.

17 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Guidance has really dried this system out up this way the past day or so. originally 1 inch + then .5" now I bet only 1 to 2 tenths will be it .

Yes. Went from a true soaker to just enough to be annoying. At least we fail at rain events also lol

4 hours ago, jewell2188 said:

Yes. Went from a true soaker to just enough to be annoying. At least we fail at rain events also lol

Seems like we’ve been underperforming on precip for the last 4-8 weeks. Not even quite 0.25” from the first batch here. Yesterday’s gfs and NAM at least we’re suggesting 0.5-1” areawide. Doubt we get another 0.25” this afternoon but we’ll see.

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Seems like we’ve been underperforming on precip for the last 4-8 weeks. Not even quite 0.25” from the first batch here. Yesterday’s gfs and NAM at least we’re suggesting 0.5-1” areawide. Doubt we get another 0.25” this afternoon but we’ll see.

Sitting at 1.71 for the month as of 7 am this morning. That isn't a ton, but I've had only 8 days dry and 6 of those were 9th or earlier. Lots of 0.04's, 0.02's, 0.07's but it still counts.Today's rain will push me over 2 inches. 

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

12z gfs has basically 0.0” of precip  for central MD tomorrow. NAM and GGEM both over 0.5”. Someone’s gonna bust hard.

I noticed the latest WPC qpf cut back some on amounts- so they must be giving some weight to the GFS shift south in recent runs. Any idea what the Euro is depicting?

I selfishly want this to be a weak sauce event here lol. Been too wet for my liking.

• H2O unpinned this topic