Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

6 hours ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Sullivan County, 20 minutes north of 84, near the PA border

Must be near Callicoon. I like that area. Family used to have a house there many many moons ago.  Still remember it fondly, visited two years ago again.  Enjoy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Well, most of what fell last night around here was actually liquid.  about a 1/10th of an inch with only some liquid rain snowflakes towards the end.  Sigh.  I'm guessing that was last call for snowfall this season, as weak as it was.

I'm sorry to hear that. Guess it was too light. Oh well another month of cool and straight to hot about humid unfortunately. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

Well, most of what fell last night around here was actually liquid.  about a 1/10th of an inch with only some liquid rain snowflakes towards the end.  Sigh.  I'm guessing that was last call for snowfall this season, as weak as it was.

Maybe not...Seems like all the bitter cold that was bottled up in the arctic all winter was finally dislodged a week or 2 ago. I’m guessing it won’t be far away over the next month to further dampen spring and even bring more snow chances. Shoot...the 12Z GFS has a wound up bomb moving north from Chesapeake Bay at 10 days, elevation crusher if that happened. Fantasy land, but shows the atmosphere wants to stay cold/troffy here. 

About 5.5” in the NW Catskills at about 1,700ft.  Pic below is from around 10am.  It has been flurrying/lightly snowing all day.  Very wintry feel the past few days.  Where was this 3 months ago?? 

I haven’t figured out how to flip the photo, but you get the idea. It’s white outside. 

D64AE95F-F29D-4399-9AC6-61A20C01FB19.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

When does the Golden Snowball contest end? Is it thru April or maybe done already? Or can it go into 2 OT into May? ;)

May 8, 1988...?
I drove up to the top of Woodcliff hill in Monroe county and the snow was above my knees. At least 18”. Very little on the pavement. In the valley we had 6-8”. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

May 8, 1988...?
I drove up to the top of Woodcliff hill in Monroe county and the snow was above my knees. At least 18”. Very little on the pavement. In the valley we had 6-8”. 

I'm not sure when the contest ends. I found what I think might be an "Official site" and no mention of a hard cutoff date.  KROC leads KSYR by 3.8" this season so it will take an unusual late season storm to change things.  KBUF won last year...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

When does the Golden Snowball contest end? Is it thru April or maybe done already? Or can it go into 2 OT into May?

I believe the NWS measures seasonal snowfall from July 1 to June 30 so shouldn’t the contest be open until June 30?  Practically,  a winner can be declared earlier.