• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Where was this pattern all winter? 3 consecutive days now with snow falling and covering the ground. Could make it 4 by tomorrow...it will be close for this area.

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong this winter. Nov and April both had great patterns. Dec-March were terrible. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong this winter. Nov and April both had great patterns. Dec-March were terrible. 

This seems to happen most mild winters are followed by crappy springs.  Then when the pattern flips we go immediately to 90 in May.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

:lol:

Yeah they have no problem attacking humans..

You can see one goose always stands watch like a big bully as the other one eats lol

They have been coming back to my pond ever since I moved here..

Geese are assholes. One of my earliest memories from six flags darien lake  was a goose stealing a sandwich right out of my sisters hand.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

If I see thundersnow in April I'm boosting my winter grade up a full letter

93521662_1416892431805946_17867179485980

Some of these convective cells dropped some extremely heavy graupel. A lot of charge separation in these clouds with powerful April updrafts.  Weird wild stuff. Glad we are under lockdown for this lousy spring weather. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Pounding snow here for going on 30 minutes. Accumulating nicely ^_^

Yep added almost another inch on unpaved surfaces with these on and off burst. Will probably be melted in an hour if the sun comes back out but heck with it. Fun to watch it come down heavy and accumulate even during mid April sun angle. Almost 3 inches between yesterday and today, we pick up another inch or two tomorrow and we’ve tripled our March snowfall lol haha. 

impressive too temp is down to 29.9 degrees.

• Like 2

You guys have had much more exciting action off Lake Erie this year compared to up here off Lake Ontario. An unfrozen Erie probably helped with that...

Lake Ontario has been less than impressive.

PA has had some really hefty snow showers off Lake Erie today as well. Family members posted whiteout shots in different parts of the state.

Really is nuts, bordering on absurd, that here we are 24 hours after a mid-April evening snowfall...watching the snow pound down. I know April snow isn’t that rare, but to settle in like this for what will be about 3 days is goofy. Come to think of it...like Rich pointed out, the bookends of this cold season are fascinating. First 15 days of Nov are way below normal with constant snow cover at BUF.  Winter can’t muster one good sustained pattern, cold departures are erased after 2 days. Mid April arrives...and we get back to back to back days of snow, temps dropping below freezing during max heating, and currier and Ives scenery with snow plastered on the evergreens as the sun sets (at 8pm).  Just, odd...

• Like 1

Just had a squall move through here with snowfall rates that had to be 2-3 inches/hr.  Unfortunately it only lasted about 10 minutes.  The NWS issued a special weather statement about 10 minutes after the snow ended here.  Another snow shower is ready to pass through.

19 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Just had a squall move through here with snowfall rates that had to be 2-3 inches/hr.  Unfortunately it only lasted about 10 minutes.  The NWS issued a special weather statement about 10 minutes after the snow ended here.  Another snow shower is ready to pass through.

Yeah, I am bummed I missed it! I had already closed the blinds for the night. Went past the window and saw through a small crack through the blinds white on the ground. It dropped a fresh covering for the night...looking at radar, we may have more to add on too!

94148898_1148663885480759_5709444659596492800_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=90SlqEjDoi4AX9selTn&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=9f6773b737f030a8a81da1c55500a660&oe=5EBD519D

6 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

This seems to happen most mild winters are followed by crappy springs.  Then when the pattern flips we go immediately to 90 in May.

We had 2-3" of snow on MAY 18th 2002 around Albany (more in hills), after one of the lousiest winters ever (01/02).   

It will be Spring soon enough. Seems like the law of averages. We were running ahead a bit in terms of flowers blooming, but that has really slowed down with the cold we have had. Pretty much the smaller shrubs and a few of the very early trees are showing much signs of Spring. I was a bit surprised when one of the Buffalo guys mentioned the trees leafing out there the other day. Maybe it's different in downtown 'Cuse, but I don't see much Spring other than daffodils, a couple magnolias and some forsythia starting to bloom. I mean, obviously we know I love winter....when, and that's a HOPE the garden centers open up, I will be excited for Spring...as I love working with plants and flowers.