• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I think UP of Michigan is the only place in the USA this winter with above average snowfall, pretty remarkable considering how little cold air and lake effect we had.

There are scattered spots throughout the northern tier states that also had above average snowfall, but not necessarily any one large swath.  Surprisingly a lot of areas running close to average, a few inches either side, despite the mild weather. 

Just now, michsnowfreak said:

There are scattered spots throughout the northern tier states that also had above average snowfall, but not necessarily any one large swath.  Surprisingly a lot of areas running close to average, a few inches either side, despite the mild weather. 

Yeah a few places but definitely not most like the UP. A very rare season for them synoptically. They basically hit on every storm all winter. This winter has an average rank around a D for Upstate New York. Hopefully next year is better.

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah a few places but definitely not most like the UP. A very rare season for them synoptically. They basically hit on every storm all winter. This winter has an average rank around a D for Upstate New York. Hopefully next year is better.

I hope next year has more cold air, I would be willing to sacrifice some actual snowfall for more sustained snowcover. We had a few good snowstorms here this Winter, but I like cold and white lol.  One thing I will say about this snow season, it was not a short one from start to finish lol. A record November 11 snowstorm now we both MAY be looking at an April 17th snowstorm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, michsnowfreak said:

I hope next year has more cold air, I would be willing to sacrifice some actual snowfall for more sustained snowcover. We had a few good snowstorms here this Winter, but I like cold and white lol.  One thing I will say about this snow season, it was not a short one from start to finish lol. A record November 11 snowstorm now we both MAY be looking at an April 17th snowstorm.

I'll take a few big storms over snowcover. Our biggest storm of the year was 10.2" in November. It's by far the lowest since I've lived in Hamburg. Most of the time I'll get one 20" storm a year, in 2014 I had like 5-6.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'll take a few big storms over snowcover. Our biggest storm of the year was 10.2" in November. It's by far the lowest since I've lived in Hamburg. Most of the time I'll get one 20" storm a year, in 2014 I had like 5-6.

Most in Detroit saw 2 or 3 storms of 6+ this winter, so that's not bad, but the nickels and dimes were less than normal. 2014 was an absolutely amazing Winter. We had 6 storms of 6" plus, but 5 of them were 8" plus, which is unheard of for here in the land of frequent nickels and dimes. What I will not give to replay that Winter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Not as much as I should lol So far 105"..

Nam seems to be on its on with a farther north track, still have some time lol

I need 3" of snow to reach 90" for the season as we have scratched and clawed a few tenths in April to get to about 87".  I still would grade the winter as a solid D, although if we got into the 90s i'd have to go D+.  ;)

• Haha 1