• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Euro still showing a system that sort of slows/stalls near NYC in about a week...next Thurs/Fri.  Could be the last hurrah for accumulating snow.   GFS much warmer/west.  If this materializes, will surely be more elevation dependent one would think...

Unfortunately, Euro also keeps things troughy in the NE so temps will average well below normal during and after this system.  Euro also showing a smaller system for Day 10 fantasyland  that could be frozen.

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus.png

38 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Gfs retrogrades the system on the 2nd/3rd..

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_33.png

I see the 00Z EC takes this system and pushes it out to sea where it dances around for a bit.  Pretty big change from previous continuity.  Let's hope the GFS is right for once.  We need a late season FG in SYR to crush ROC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Well that's a wrap on winter unless you live in C/N Maine...

Final grades?  

I'm giving this past winter a solid D. Clearly, it did enough work to not fail, however the Winter failed to distinguish itself when given the chance.  Assignments were sloppy and frequently were missed.

No, I did not copy this off my my HS Report Cards...for the most part. ;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Ooh, Severe Thunderstorm Watch posted! 

We only get a handful of those all year so this is a nice early start to things. Would have been nice to get some clearing to juice the CAPE but I guess dynamics will have to run the show today.  

It's 67 and full sunshine here. Definitely some instability. Going to go for a quick run before this bad boy hits.

codnexlab.NEXRAD.BUF.N0Q.20200329.1625.0

6 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Ooh, Severe Thunderstorm Watch posted! 

We only get a handful of those all year so this is a nice early start to things. Would have been nice to get some clearing to juice the CAPE but I guess dynamics will have to run the show today.  

It’s been sunny here for a couple hours and not many clouds in the sky.

Oh this is good news!  We’ve been socked in with fog and low clouds in Rochester. I didn’t think there was much hope of clearing to the west. Looks like sbCAPE could get into the 1000-2000 range today then. Should be more than enough to get a couple storms in the strong to severe range. 

Ok I give this winter. Solid D+.  We had 1 month of snow in the north country at my camp, which wasn’t all that special. At my house in the lower Hudson valley, I don’t think we had 10 inches. Which is 1/4 normal. 

Was not a total fail, and we have seen worse, but this was a clunker I don’t want to repeat anytime soon.  Hopefully we can break out next year.  A B winter will feel like an A winter next year.  

Ps the GFS gets a Z-.  Useless.  Unplug it.