• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

15 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Well that's tough when you have the worst President in our countries history in office. I mean come on now...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/17/how-trump-shifted-his-tone-on-coronavirus-134246

What a real president says.

http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/5057/

You have to have the whole story to have context, you cant just start at Alexanders second question which was shouted over his colleague:

The spat started when Alexander asked Trump if his “impulse to put a positive spin on things” could be giving Americans a “false sense of hope” amid the pandemic. The president explained he had a “good feeling” about possible solutions the FDA is working on.

“Let’s see what happens, we have nothing to lose,” Trump said.

Alexander interrupted the next reporter who was called on, shouting, “What do you say to Americans who are scared?”

I have no issue with Trump calling out Alexander. He was unprofessional and baiting. I don't agree with everything Trump has done or said, but what you posted is exactly what I mean by bullshit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

You have to have the whole story to have context, you cant just start at Alexanders second question which was shouted over his colleague:

The spat started when Alexander asked Trump if his “impulse to put a positive spin on things” could be giving Americans a “false sense of hope” amid the pandemic. The president explained he had a “good feeling” about possible solutions the FDA is working on.

Alexander interrupted the next reporter who was called on, shouting, “What do you say to Americans who are scared?”

I have no issue with Trump calling out Alexander. He was unprofessional and baiting. I don't agree with everything Trump has done or said, but what you posted is exactly what I mean by bullshit. 

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/politics-policy/trump-wrongly-claims-fda-approved-covid-19-drug

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/03/trump-says-fda-fast-track-approve-covid-19-drugs

I've tried having discussions with trump supporters, they are close minded and impossible to reason with. So this is my last post on the topic. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/politics-policy/trump-wrongly-claims-fda-approved-covid-19-drug

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/03/trump-says-fda-fast-track-approve-covid-19-drugs

I've tried having discussions with trump supporters, they are close minded and impossible to reason with. So this is my last post on the topic. 

I already conceded that Trump mispoke on FDA approving chloroquine...not sure who's being closed minded on what. 

1 hour ago, Luke_Mages said:

You’re absolutely nuts. That was such a softball question. The mental gymnastics you trump supporters go through every day to defend that ****ing moron is mind boggling.  Why not just admit that he’s an asshole once awhile.  You know he is.

Trumps response only needed to be:  Stay vigilant, follow our instructions. We have the best doctors and scientists in the world working on this. We will get through. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

You’re absolutely nuts. That was such a softball question. The mental gymnastics you trump supporters go through every day to defend that ****ing moron is mind boggling.  Why not just admit that he’s an asshole once awhile.  You know he is.

Trumps response only needed to be:  Stay vigilant, follow our instructions. We have the best doctors and scientists in the world working on this. We will get through. 

Did you not read the entire transcript? Or watch the entire exchange? There were two questions, the second of which was shouted out of turn. I know hes an asshole. What I don't have a stomach for is people like you who only get their news from CNN and don't ask the question "why" when shit like this happens.

Try something...start reading a minimum of three outlets for your news and see how your perspective changes. The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

• Like 1

It's Its been pounding here for a while now with easily 4-5" as the last hour it easily snowed 2-2.5" RLMAO. I haven't looked at the weather in quite some time that's how disappointed as well as uninterested I am in anything occurring this season. I thought March would go on without any threats but that obviously changed. It's been dry otherwise, so there shouldn't be much mud to tend with as temps approach the 60's in a few days so.....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

Try something...start reading a minimum of three outlets for your news and see how your perspective changes. The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

This is either naive or mendacious.

This claim assumes that there are equal forces on both sides of any issue that seek to promote a completely one-sided narrative, because they know that people who think of themselves as "reasonable" will split the difference.

In reality, only one side takes a completely extreme, zero compromise position on every issue. CNN's mistake isn't in being the opposite of Fox News (or OAN, whose goal is to take even more extreme positions than Fox). CNN's mistake is in thinking that they can designate an authoritative voice that tries to be a fact-checker to counterbalance the absolutely bonkers stuff coming from Trump. The right then claims that CNN (or the NY Times or Washington Post or MSNBC or whoever is trying to fact-check Trump) is just offering another opinion, doubling down on Trump's claim to have a monopoly on the "real" truth.

Saying "the truth is in the middle" assumes that one side isn't deliberately misrepresenting what's going on, and claiming that it's "alternative facts."

What I have come to realize is that the actual opposite position from Trump is never covered by CNN, MSNBC, the Times, etc., or when it is covered, it's dismissed as "extreme" and never becomes one pole to oppose to the Trump/right wing pole. That's Bernie Sanders, who seems to be the only politician who actually recognizes that we're at a crossroads where the true elites -- rich people who back Trump -- are deciding how many regular people they need to sacrifice to preserve their wealth.