• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

On 3/18/2020 at 10:07 AM, wolfie09 said:

Stood outside speras for almost 2 hrs until they opened.. Line was to the street, it was like black Friday. 

Bought like 40-50 pounds of meat lol 

Would of bought more but didn't wanna get jumped lol

IMG_20200318_100224.jpg.01b7d2c1c67e63fa

IMG_20200318_112140.jpg.5cd1048ef5db6713

How many mouths are you feeding?? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

China had no new reports yesterday for the first time since the outbreak began...But they have also gone through more drastic measures then us, makes me think it will take longer to clear north America..

I wouldn't believe a thing the Chinese say right now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vortmax said:

We're not in NY and there just isn't a lot to go around. I respect the fact that people don't want to go out to grocery stores every week or 2, but if everyone buys for 2 months out, there will be major shortages for those in need. 

Yeah, we're probably in need of rationing. Birth month or something. There was a guy from Wyoming County at the University Plaza Tops the other day checking out with two overflowing carts. Lots of people who shop there use EBT and WIC, which means they can't hoard very easily.

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Meal prep services are still open around me. I've been buying a bunch of $5 meals and putting them in my freezer. I still have loads of frozen walleye I caught last summer. ^_^

I stocked up an Ramen noodles.  It's back to college days for me.  

By the time the panic is over, none of us will be employed anymore.  But i'm sure it's worth it.../sarc

Southeasterly to southerly flow will develop on Monday between
strong high pressure over the Canadian Maritimes and strengthening
low pressure just off the Mid Atlantic coast. This will help to
channel deeper moisture back in across Western and North Central NY.
At the same time, an upper level trough and weak surface reflection
approaching from the west will act upon this available moisture
bringing the next round of precipitation to the area. Guidance has
trended a bit cooler, thus there`s a better chance for at least some
accumulating wet snow across portions of the area. This will be
especially true during the first half of Monday, before marginal
surface temperatures and latter March diurnal effects come into
play. Any leftover rain and wet snow showers will taper off during
the first half of Monday night as high pressure builds east across
the region, bringing a return to dry weather for Tuesday.
Temperatures Monday will be a bit below average, with seasonable
temperatures for Tuesday.

SACRAMENTO (CBS SF) — Stating that the people of California need to do more in the face of the growing coronavirus pandemic, Gov. Gavin Newsom Thursday evening announced a statewide stay-at-home order to reduced the threat of COVID-19.

Newsom’s office had already hinted at the weighty nature of what the governor would be talking about, noting that a “major announcement” would be made during a 6:30 p.m. address on the state’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak.

“Our fate and future is inside of us. We’re not victims of circumstance,” Newsom said. “We can make decisions to meet moments. This is a moment we need to make tough decisions.”

The governor acknowledged the difficulty that would face residents with the new statewide order to remain at home, but insisted that such lengths were required to keep the coronavirus spread in check.

“We are looking at a delta, a gap, that requires about 10,000 beds, and 10,000 members of the community to staff those beds,” explained Newsom. “And that’s what we’re currently up against.”

Newsom stressed that widespread behavioral change from Californians is what will truly “bend the curve” of COVID-19 spread.

“There’s a social contract here. People will self-regulate their behavior,” Newsom said during the address announcing the new order.

Newsom noted that the Bay Area had already been under such an order for several days with much of the population abiding by the new restrictions.

“I’m being very straight with you,” Newsom said. “These are numbers I can assure you governors, mayors, administration across the country are working with.”

Newsom also alluded to the difficulty he had telling his own family how drastic the action the state would be taking in the face of the looming coronavirus threat.

“But I think i’’s time to tell you what I tell my family. What I tell my wife, just as I did two nights ago when I told my daughter when I don’t believe that this school year she’ll get back into that classroom,” Newsom said.

Earlier Thursday, Newsom offered a sobering prediction on the surge of coronavirus cases coming to the state, projecting that more than half of the state’s residents will become infected over an eight-week period.

Newsom issued the stark assessment in a letter to President Donald Trump, requesting the immediate deployment of the USNS Mercy hospital ship to the Port of Los Angeles through the beginning of September.

“We project that roughly 56 percent of our population–25.5 million people–will be infected with the virus over an eight week period,” said Newsom in the letter.

Newsom said in the letter that California has had 126 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours – including 44 news community acquired transmission – a total increase of 21 percent. With the case rate doubling every four days in parts of the state, Newsom projected some 25.5 million Californians would eventually contract the virus.

A spokesman for the governor later on Thursday clarified, saying the 25.5 million cases represented a worst-case scenario without mitigation efforts such as business closures and shelter-in-place orders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

Absolutely amazing how just 150-200 miles north of us there is still a 2 foot plus snowpack. Also cool to see the highest of the high peaks still holding several feet of snow.  So close yet so far. 

4B0807EF-F71D-46C9-8761-2DCB9E7645FD.png.ca7434c59a7e3b40ebddf9e18a0f37e5.png

Sometimes I wonder if that thing is accurate. It almost always shows bright green all winter up there. Any thoughts? I don't see it in other parts of Canada, despite them being colder then these locations. For instance northern Ottawa has 2 feet, southern Ottawa is green grass despite elevations being similar.

11 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Sometimes I wonder if that thing is accurate. It almost always shows bright green all winter up there. Any thoughts? I don't see it in other parts of Canada, despite them being colder then these locations. For instance northern Ottawa has 2 feet, southern Ottawa is green grass despite elevations being similar.

Thats a good question. I can say that when I ventured to Mont Tremblant a few months back I was blown away by the snowpack there.  It was legit and they barely have had a day above freezing since then so I think its at least plausible.  Apparently we live just south of the predominant storm track and baroclinic line where it basically never gets above freezing all winter.  

• Like 2