• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

11 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Been snowing a couple hours here, but absolutely no accumulations, because as usual, the best bands are skipping us .... except this time it's just to the west.

No frickin way Syracuse will ever catch up to ROC this winter.

Just as it started to lay, it quit.

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Everyone refinance their mortgage, the 10 year treasury is at historic lows. Also increase your 401k contributions, all economic factors are strong aside from the virus. Already did the 401k bump and my mortgage is at 4.65%, I think I can get it down to the low 3s. :o

Before I left the mortgage industry last week for my new position the 15 year fixed rate was 2.65%. I have never witnessed a rate that low. Also this is an excellent time with caution to increase the amount of increased contributions but never go above 1 or 2 % if at all above what your company matches. If anything diversify your portfolio and add an IRA if possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Before I left the mortgage industry last week for my new position the 15 year fixed rate was 2.65%. I have never witnessed a rate that low. Also this is an excellent time with caution to increase the amount of increased contributions but never go above 1 or 2 % if at all above what your company matches. If anything diversify your portfolio and add an IRA if possible.

Yeah it depends on your income level and available investments in your 401k.

2 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

As if we needed any more proof that the snowfall total in Roc is complete bullshit they really outdid themselves with Friday’s little event. Somehow the airport is a magical bullseye with almost 3x more snow than anywhere else. Amazing. 

7C448F7C-9295-45F0-99C8-66FDB910942C.thumb.jpeg.2b0d278b21bb1e687a8bc8fa5774edd3.jpeg

They measure only in kuchera ratios...

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

As if we needed any more proof that the snowfall total in Roc is complete bullshit they really outdid themselves with Friday’s little event. Somehow the airport is a magical bullseye with almost 3x more snow than anywhere else. Amazing. 

7C448F7C-9295-45F0-99C8-66FDB910942C.thumb.jpeg.2b0d278b21bb1e687a8bc8fa5774edd3.jpeg

They don't actually measure, just take the meso average. 

I’m starting to think that’s it. I can’t believe we aren’t gonna get a March storm but this winter made anything possible. Good riddance! 
I think it was Delta who noticed the trends and said we were due a dud. And Freak and Syrmax both figured it out quick. 
I was stuck on hopeful all winter- which made it worse...

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I’m starting to think that’s it. I can’t believe we aren’t gonna get a March storm but this winter made anything possible. Good riddance! 
I think it was Delta who noticed the trends and said we were due a dud. And Freak and Syrmax both figured it out quick. 
I was stuck on hopeful all winter- which made it worse...

You didn't have a ratter in Rochester. You're technically still above normal for snowfall on the year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Still trying to hold on to some winter:lol:

My neighbor who is surrounded by woods still has a decent amount of snow on the ground, my property is wide open so we melt faster..

IMG_20200309_105111.jpg.528b4f5a9d52b528

I still, amazingly, have some icy snow left in the shade as well. Went for a little walk last night. It was one of those odd spring evenings where I walked in one area and it was warm, then I would walk into a patch of very cold, dense air. It was pretty neat.

• Like 3

I went upto Whetstone Gulf State Park. On Friday, they still had 2-3 feet. It sits on the east side of the plateau. Looks like a great place to hike, snow shoe or snow mobile. Easily accessible from Lowville which was hanging on to very little snow. It’s amazing what 10 miles and some elevation gets you. 
My buddies camp is about 20 minutes from Whetstone. Snow Ridge is very close but a bit lower and further south. Snow Ridge was hanging on to just over a foot. Brantingham Lake has 18” in the shade. 
The Tug is a different world. 

22 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I went upto Whetstone Gulf State Park. On Friday, they still had 2-3 feet. It sits on the east side of the plateau. Looks like a great place to hike, snow shoe or snow mobile. Easily accessible from Lowville which was hanging on to very little snow. It’s amazing what 10 miles and some elevation gets you. 
My buddies camp is about 20 minutes from Whetstone. Snow Ridge is very close but a bit lower and further south. Snow Ridge was hanging on to just over a foot. Brantingham Lake has 18” in the shade. 
The Tug is a different world. 

Yeah elevation is everything in marginal winters. The entire Adirondack region had feet of snow when I went there.

• Like 2